Reveal Builders - Like Cripple Timer

TheSpoon

Reaction score
Reveal Buildings - Like Cripple Timer

If you have played melee games, you will know that if a person has no town hall type units, his building's locations are revealed to his enemies after 2 minutes.

I'm trying to recreate this, I just wondered if you guys could help me out.

Couple questions

1) How would be the best way to reveal all the building locations to the other player?

2) Do more building locations appear if they build after they have been revealed?

3) Do they become unrevealed if they build a town hall after?

Thanks in advance

TomTTT

Reaction score
I had no idea that such thing happens... 2. But i guess that after locations are revealed, if you build any building it will show. 3. I dont think after building a town hall after revealed, you are unrevealed, because the enemy already know where you are, so whats the difference?
The best way i think, is to pick every player playing except for the one without the town hall, then pick every building owned by the player without the town hall and set Point = position of picked unit, make sure to put a bolean to make sure no units are selected, but only structures. Then create a visibility modifier (Region) for picked player at region centered at Point, 400 height 400 width. Something like that. Hope you got it :p kinda messy isn't it...
EDIT: oh you mean that there are on the minimap like those yellow markers, like in Quests in the campaign?

TheSpoon

Reaction score
The only problem is you don't get vision of it,
You just get to know its there on the map : o

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1.) i think the best way would be to make a model-lacking dummy overtop each enemy building when the two min counts down =o the dummy having a short sight radius of maybe 400 or so, and just after it spawns kill it. give it a like 0.5 sec generic timer or something. that way all the buildings up to that point that are built are revealed to the enemy,but no units, and only the buildings that are built up to that point.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Time - TwoMin[1] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make Neutral Passive treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Ally with shared vision
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) matching (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set tempoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Neutral Passive at tempoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempoint)
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Player - Make Neutral Passive treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Neutral

oh, didn't realise that it wasn't revealed :p
is the location just pinged or something?

TheSpoon

Reaction score
What happens is, you see the greyed buildings on the map.
Its just like you've been there before, looked at the buildings and then left.
I think maybe I could reveal a small area for like half a second over each building, and then remove the reveal.
This doesn't compensate for any buildings built afterwards though.
So then I would have to reveal them for every one made afterwards.
Thanks guys.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Use a trigger to create a circle of fog of war over a building. That is the greyed out mask that you see. Alternatively you can use the cripple method posted above, if it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.