Rotting Corpses Spell

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I have a spell based of Force of Nature with the targeting changed from Trees to Dead so its only able to target corpses instead of trees, but when i try to cast it on the dead, it still says "Must Target A Tree." Shouldnt it not say that since i changed the targeting from tree to dead?? Should i base it off a new spell? If so what spell :D .

Edit -
Animate Dead -_-
One more question, im experimenting with the spell Exhume corpses on a hero, and its not working -_-, any ideas why?

M

Malygos

Have u change Stats-Hero Ability to true?
Anyway, its bothering my mind: Data-Unit Type
I found it on Exhume Corpses too, what does it do? Maybe it will answer dragonhord's question

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
you could use a trigger for that then if it doesnt work
something like
Code:
Event- Unit begins casting a ability(your ability)
         Condition-
         Action- 
                  Unit- Create 4 skeletons on the position of the decaying corpse
                  Ability- Remove ablity(your ability)
something like that im not really sure but either remove the trees stuff or remove the ability
soz coz my WE isnt on at the moment :p

Darox

Reaction score
Well, the Unit type for Exhume Corpses is the corpse it creates. If I'm not mistaken, this is set to ghoul by default, and as such it creates ghoul corpses INSIDE the meat wagon.

The Possible reason why it wont work on the hero is because the hero does not have the corpse cargo like the meat wagon.

Oh, and Force of nature is just one of those spells. Its inbuilt to only target trees.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
WE is a very powerful tool it can almost change everything...
The Possible reason why it wont work on the hero is because the hero does not have the corpse cargo like the meat wagon.

that is very simple to fix then just add the ability of storing corpse to whatever unit it is.

and the spell it is inbuild to do it on trees BUT not ONLY on trees you can change it.

dragonhord

Reaction score
Well, the Unit type for Exhume Corpses is the corpse it creates. If I'm not mistaken, this is set to ghoul by default, and as such it creates ghoul corpses INSIDE the meat wagon.

Oh, and Force of nature is just one of those spells. Its inbuilt to only target trees.

1.) Yes unit type is the type of corpse created by the meatwagon.
2.) You are correct and i hadnt thought about that until a while back when i started my WORKING triggered version of this spell...
3.) :( LAME, i suppose i kinda figured that one out too :p . But Animate Dead does EXACTLY What i wanted. Just not targetable, but its still nice :D

Darox

Reaction score
Hmm, Are you trying to make an targetable AoE Animate Dead/Raise Dead?

If so, using Channel with a targeting image as a base, then checking for all units in the area that are dead, then reviving them and giving control to casting unit, should do the trick. (Or instead of reviving, replacing them with the unit of your choice)

This also makes it easy to duplicate the effects of those spells with expiration timers, possibly adding invul, and vertex colouring

dragonhord

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot about channel, oh well, the way it is is fine now. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.