Saving my map trouble help me pls god !

NeosDany

Reaction score
I was just saving my map after my modifications and I pressed CTRL + F9 to run after it saves, but my computer just turn off suddenly, and now, when I try to open my map It crashes, and the test map crashes too, what should I do? Dont say that I lost my map, I am gonna suicide T_T

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
open the backup which, cause you are an experienced map maker, you have made shortly before the crash.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry that was sarcasm. if you would have made a backup you wouldnt need our help.
this experience should teach you to create backup copies of your maps.

though, if you use newgen it will automatically create backups every once in a while.
or you could try to open your map with an MPQ extractor and, at least, copy the triggers maybe.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I think Warcraft 3 creates automatically a copy of the last map you tested. Search the map folders for more details. Maybe you're lucky.

NeosDany

Reaction score
ok, so my map is lost, well, it isnt that fun, there is no way I can recover all the effort y made, so I am going to cry for my map, and never to finish it T_T
thanks ...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well, as i said maybe there are some programms which might restore some bits of your map depending on how corrupted it is.
just keep in mind for the next map you make. Always backup!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, chances are your map wasn't good anyway...

Happened to me, several times. Always backup.

:p

educator

Reaction score
tips for baking up: for each time you modify the map go save as yourmapname1 next mod yourmapname2 ........ also dont just back it up in one place you should put it everywhere, 2+ computers, USBs, external hardrives, friends computers, USBs ect. with all these copies the hardest thing to do will be losing them. better luck next time (sorry if this is useless to you, its what i started doing after i lost a map i spent over 100hrs making)

NeosDany

Reaction score
is there any program i can use to recover at least the triggers, or the regions or the scenario or destructibles I made? or spells, something ! :S
is there any program out ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
this depends on how much your map is corrupted.

if the scripts are still okay you might try to open it with an MPQ extractor and see if you can copy them. they will be pure Jass though.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well then, either you get to know or start the map again from scratch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.