Search doesnt register

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Sometimes when i type something in, the search feature reads it as if i typed in nothing. It says to specify a name even though i typed something in. This has been happening on and off over the past maybe month?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
What exactly are you searching for? The search function needs words larger than 3 characters and common words like "the" don't help either.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
ive searched for my name and the words pivot, nocturne, and words longer then "the" i even tried to search the word "pineapple" it didnt come up with anything

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
woops, sorry

doesnt. note the "on and off for a month"
its been working sometimes but at other times it doesnt

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is something vB developers haven't found out yet. Other vB forums I've been too also suffer from this problem...or is it just me and my computer? :confused:

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
It works fine for me. You could try going to google and add Site:Thehelper.net to the end of your search. Additionally the helper Firefox extension does this for you.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
A HA IT HAPPENED AGAIN! i tried typing in Sooda's name in the search, and nothing came up.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Try searching it at least 10 times. One of it, is bound to appear just fine.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i already tried 15 times. and id rather have the problem get fixed instead of waiting 225 seconds for a real search (15x15)

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
15 times in a row? I guess reporting such a problem to the official vBulletin developers sounds nice.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It's your browser, router, something on your end. The search works fine, something on your end is preventing the post data or something related to the search to get to the sites server. Try a different browser and see if it works on that one. If not, it's something with your connection.

Or it may just be that it didn't find anything or you're searching wrong. But as I said, the vB search works fine for me on many vB sites, so it's your wrong doing somewhere.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
"15 times in a row? I guess reporting such a problem to the official vBulletin developers sounds nice." In one day, in 225 seconds total (accounting for 1 search every 15 seconds).

--

I dont think its my router or browser, because it works the next day (or the next time i use search) if it was my router or browser it would happen more frequently..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.