Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
By standing, it means standing as in podium, or even the metaphorical meaning of standing, like you're "standing" in a company, your status or something.

High standing positions in life that crumbled due to being too old.

Etc. etc.

That line seems to confuse ... Most everyone who reads it :D

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
I thought that it was a mistype when I first read it, and he had to explain it to me.

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
Very dark and straightforward.

Just my style :)

When I read it, it made me want to see you telling those things to someone in person, and see how they react.

DM Cross

Reaction score
... Don't be afraid to post comments, even if they're negative :D Out of the 8 people to DL at least the first chapter, the only person to post here is Krys, who has a hard copy of the manuscript? C'mon, now.

DM Cross

Reaction score
If only I did rap, right? :D Turn poetry into music.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Bumping this with hopes that I can get some of the 13 people who downloaded chapter 1 to comment on it! :p Also, if anyone who's read most of it from the old thread, if you wanna toss your 2 cents in, do it!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, if you go to google and type in Mayhem Poets, you should find this group of kids who do poetry in a seemingly "rap" or "hip-hop" way... I remember listening to them, some of them were really deep. Others were really funny. I was a junior or a senior in high school at the time, but they really impressed me. I don't think I could ever do that, get up and be so damn casual in front of people with my work...

I remember going to Washington D.C. for the poetry.com contest and reading My Brothers, one of my poems and being so nervous that I shook and I refused to look up from the page. I never have issues showing people my work, but preforming it is another story...

It's weird... I can preform in crowds, but I cannot be put on a stage. It's like kryponite for me o_O

DM Cross

Reaction score
I have been waiting for some kind of inspiration to strike me for one of my books... I have so many and I have no urge to write any of them at the moment o_O This will, eventually, change. I just recently ("recently") finished writing my first novel, Corruption... Eh. I'll get up there and do something, eventually ^.^

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Seth 4 Stars :D
4Stars.jpg

If it was a song I would want to listen to it

Anyway Seth can write anyway he wants because its poetry
I would laugh it was a rap :D It would be very good ^^
I would listen to it
And I hate Rap lol

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Not all rap is bad, checkout Busdriver.

This poem reminded me of a skit/poem from Kids in the Hall (A Canadian comedic show, made up of skits like SNL).

The poem goes something like...

Fire fire fire,
Fire on my brain,
Fire fire fire,
Fire on my brain,
Fire fire fire, burning my brain,
Laura,
You are my water. (Presumabely when translated to text, a <3 would fit in nicely on this line)

Overall Seth, good poem it doesn't seem forced at all which is really good.. cause forced poems suck ass. Except the above one. Its a masterpeice.

DM Cross

Reaction score
One of these days, I'm gonna have to start posting more of my older poetry... You can really see the difference in some of it.

I had, at some point, almost 90 o_O

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Intense. You're writing style really complements the sense of emotion you're trying to evoke.

I can't really say enough how much your writing has helped mine, and I'm sure many others would say the same.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Eh, I don't know if it's me or if it's poetry in general, but it always seems so emo, or angsty to me o_O Even my own stuff. I tend to enjoy my story-writing, but when it comes to poetry, it seems so cliched all the time :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Seth Edgar Cross' Poetry

This thread is to provide links for all the poetry I post. I am going to post the entire list [96, currently] of poetry I've written and as I add a poem to this forum, I will take the thread link and edit it into this thread, naturally for the poem in question. The list will be in ABC order.

Enjoy!

1. Act 1 - The Fear Act
  2. Act 2 - The Depression Act
  3. Act 3 - The Rage Act
  4. Act 4 - The Calm Act
  5. Act 5 - The Broken-Heart Act
  6. Addiction Means Me
  7. All Hollow's Eve
  8. All I Want
  9. All Mine
  10. Angel Angel
  11. Back to the Sun
  12. Blame on Me
  13. Blindly
  14. Blood Oath
  15. Break It
  16. Broken
  17. Cold
  18. Conviction
  19. Corruption
  20. Coward
  21. Dark Street
  22. Demonic Angel, The
  23. Done
  24. Don't Help
  25. Effect of Music, The
  26. Elenamin
  27. Empathy & Pity
  28. Empty Wishes
  29. End, The
  30. Everything I've Got
  31. Faith
  32. Fake
  33. False Lessons
  34. Fate's Dagger
  35. From the Start
  36. Ghost
  37. Governmental Roller Coaster
  38. Held Dear
  39. Hell Incarnate
  40. Hey
  41. Hiding
  42. Hurt Me
  43. I Hate You
  44. I Love You
  45. I'm Not Okay
  46. I'm Real
  47. Imagine, Picture, Pretend
  48. It's Time
  49. Just Like Before
  50. Keep Walking
  51. Letter to an Angel, A
  52. Memorial
  53. Moonlight
  54. My Best Bad Habit
  55. My Brothers
  56. My Insanity
  57. My Last Fall
  58. My Way of Life
  59. New Kind of Angel
  60. Nightmare
  61. No Longer
  62. Not Enough
  63. Not the Devil
  64. Nowhere
  65. One Day
  66. Pain Go Away
  67. Past Conflict
  68. Play
  69. Point of View
  70. Point, The
  71. Rain
  72. Reaper, The
  73. Scattered
  74. Scream
  75. Shadow
  76. Shadow Zone
  77. Shattered Love
  78. Shout
  79. Silence
  80. Speechless
  81. Story Time
  82. Suicide
  83. Suicide Letter
  84. Suicide Note
  85. Thank You
  86. This is Home
  87. This Road
  88. To Bear
  89. Tried in Vain
  90. Truth
  91. Unmasked
  92. Unsatisfied
  93. Wicked Never Rest
  94. Winds of Change
  95. Wish
  96. Wrong Way
  97. Your Name

You may request me to post a poem if a title catches your eye. I will post it as soon as I have the time.

Update 02/15/08 - It will become hard for me to post old poems, as they are mostly on my old computer, not my new laptop. You may still request them, but please be patient with me for awhile...

Update 07/10/08 - Previously, Goth's High had all of my poetry posted on it. Due to the lack of funds and it going down, I will have to start posting my poetry here. The list has been erased [in terms of links] so we're going to have to start over... Again.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Give me a few of your favorites, along with the one "I love you"

DM Cross

Reaction score
They're my work. I don't really have "favorites". I have a few that stand out to me for different reasons, however.

Nightmare - Published by the International Society of Poets in a book called Working the Muse.
My Brothers - A very personal poem that I read for a convention for the ISP in Washington D.C. [Didn't win anything]
Unmasked, Coward, Winds of Change, A New King of Angel, and I'm Real - All written for other people. Not in the sense of a love poem, but in the sense that I was writing from their perspective or cheering them up. Etc. etc.
Hurt Me - Probably the most unique, it has 2 rhyme schemes, one at the end of the line and one at the beginning. Very interesting.

Anyway. Here's your request;

Poem have been removed. Please see Post 1 of this thread to read them, via the links :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.