Setting Unit and Player Groups

carbonduck

Reaction score
Simple question: When I set TempUnitGroup = SomeOtherUnitGroup and when I set TempPlayerForce = SomeOtherPlayerForce, does it make a copy of the Unit/Player Group or does the Temp variable just point to the same group as the original variable does?

In other words, if I set a temp group = an already existing group, if I make changes to one, will it affect the other variable as well? (In programming terms, I'm asking whether or not the temp variable acts as a pointer).

RaiJin

Reaction score
Simple question: When I set TempUnitGroup = SomeOtherUnitGroup and when I set TempPlayerForce = SomeOtherPlayerForce, does it make a copy of the Unit/Player Group or does the Temp variable just point to the same group as the original variable does?

In other words, if I set a temp group = an already existing group, if I make changes to one, will it affect the other variable as well? (In programming terms, I'm asking whether or not the temp variable acts as a pointer).

yes it will think of it like this

you have a Paladin_Hero for example lets take 2 variables,

Paladin_Blue
Paladin_Green

lets do this Set paladin_Blue = Paladin_Hero
set Paladin_Green = Paladin Blue

essentially, your still using the same hero, so whatever you do to Paladin_green you will do to paladin_blue and paladin_hero i hope that helps if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask

carbonduck

Reaction score
Ok, thank you. +rep.

If that's the case, what's the easiest way to swap the units between 2 Unit or Player Groups? Like, Unit Group A has 4 units and Unit Group B has 9 units but I want them to switch groups (in the end, Unit Group A has the 9 from B and Unit Group B has the 4 from A).

Vassilev

Reaction score
If you simply want to switch UNIT GROUPS then just create two temp unit groups variable.

Code:
Actions
Set TEMP_GROUPA = GROUPA
set TEMP_GROUPB = GROUPB
Set GROUPA = TEMPGROUPB
Set GROUPB = TEMPGROUPA

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.