Shadow storm problems. +rep!

Julian4life

Reaction score
For some reason, the death and decay damage effect / model wont appear on the units that are being targeted by the spell.
BUT, I want the effect to be ON the targeted units. Not overhead. But regardless, i cant get the effect to even appear on the targeted units.

Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathandDecay\DeathandDecayDamage.mdl

And, when i use the spell, the spell icon vanishes, then reapears about 5 seconds after the spell has ended. The spell is based off of Bladestorm.

Shadow Storm

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Storm

Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathandDecay\DeathandDecayDamage.mdl

For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (400.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (200.00, -200.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (-200.00, -200.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (200.00, 200.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (-200.00, 200.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (-400.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (0.00, -400.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (0.00, 400.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 1 Death n Decay Effect for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) facing Default building facing degrees
Wait 0.30 seconds

Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> the spell icon vanishes, then reapears about 5 seconds after the spell has ended

This is hardcoded into Bladestorm.

> (Target unit of ability being cast)

There's is no such event response in an instant casting ability like Bladestorm.

Julian4life

Reaction score
Ahh i see.

So if bladestorm wouldn't work out for this, what should i do?

The spell is supposed to be like immolation, execpt it doesn't "turn off."
The spell is used, it damages everything near it by X, every X seconds, while it is being used, the death coil is flashing and each targetted unit gets hit a total of 10 times, dealing 10, 20, then 40 damage per hit.

This spell basically lasts 3 seconds.
If bladestorm wouldnt really work, how could i do this?

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Just putting it out there, you could make a dummy unit cast lightning shield on the caster. Or trigger the whole thing.

Julian4life

Reaction score
LIGHTNING SHIELD! THATS BRILLIANT!

I worked on it and i just made a custom skill based off of lightning shield, but i cant get rid of the lightning effects made to replace it with my effects that i was going to add through triggers.

Is there any way to fix this? OR do i have to make a dummy unit? If you could explain your idea in a little more detail i would be delighted.

+REP'd you. If anyone else can solve the above, ill rep you too :thup:

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
To get rid of the shield I'm pretty sure all you have to do is create a new buff in the object editor and replace the one on lightning shield 0.o. Or your new spell rather. Just change the art in the buff and that should do it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.