Shukuchi

FoxWizzy

Reaction score
Shukuchi is a D.O.T.A. spell
INFO :
Causes the Hero to move so fast as to become invisible. Any units passed through will take damage.

This is what i tryed :
Base spell : Wind Walk
AoE damage : Immoliation (Item)

Trigger:
  • Shukuchi
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shukuchi
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add ShukuchiITEM to (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Set level of ShukuchiITEM for (Casting unit) to (Level of Shukuchi for (Casting unit))
      • Wait until (((Casting unit) has buff Shukuchi) Equal to False), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove ShukuchiITEM from (Casting unit)

But ShukuchiITEM is removed right after i cast Shukuchi

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). Wait and Casting unit should clash horribly. Try using Triggering unit instead.
2). I don't think Immolation will have the desired effect. Imagine if you stood at the same spot without moving. Units around you would keep taking damage, instead of the single instance of damage.

I would suggest triggering the damage with hashtables. A unit group or two should do fine.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You need to periodically check for units in range of the triggering unit == enemy (And other conditions you want).

Also, the units can't take the damage more then once, so you'd probably have to add them to a group for three seconds or something, then remove them.
Then, in the spell also check if they're in the group or not, and if they are, don't damage them, but if they aren't, do your normal actions.

That's probably how I'd do it, anyways.

Dirac

Reaction score
If you're going to use a Wait go this way...

Wait (((Level of ability for unit)x2)+1) seconds

keychup

Reaction score
Ah thats easy.
TRIGGER 1
EVENTS
A unit starts the effect of an ability
CONDITIONS
Ability being cast is equal to Shukuchi
ACTIONS
Set ShukuchiCaster: Casting Unit

TRIGGER 2
EVENTS
Every 0.2 seconds
CONDITIONS
ACTIONS
If:
If ShukuchiCaster has specific buff (Shukuchi buff)
Then:
Set UnitGroup: Units within 100 range of ShukuchiCaster:
Pick Every unit in UnitGroup and
-if:
picked unit has specific buff (Shukuchi buff) and Picked Unit is in ShukuchiTargetsGroup is not equal to true
-then:
--add picked unit to ShukuchiTargetsGroup
--Damage picked unit dealing X damage of attack type spell and damage type spell
-call DetroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup)
Else:
Set ShukuchiCaster: No Unit

ADIT: This is just rough

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be wise to do the event?
A Unit comes within 25 range of Unit
And GetTriggerUnit() would return the unit coming near.
It would work multiple times and a douche could patrol ontop an enemy unit.
Only issue would be if there is a damage bonus for the Unit that is the caster from higher levels.
You can't actually detect that unit without hardcoding it

Actually, you could give the Caster immolation anyways and have it be +1 range higher then the event and you could detect the buff level.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Dota uses Phoenix Fire. If you noticed, affected units are buffed. The damage isn't triggered.

Create a Phoenix Fire ability. Set the cooldown to 0.01. Set Art - Missile speed to 0. Set duration to the duration of your Wind Walk skill, say, 3 seconds. Then trigger the ability addition. Base it off Wind Walk.

Code:
Event
 A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Condition
 Ability being cast Equal to Wind Walk
Actions
 Unit - Add Phoenix Fire to (Triggering unit)
 Unit - Set level of Phoenix Fire to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
 Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
 Unit - Remove Phoenix Fire from (Triggering unit)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can't use a specific wait though, because you can prematurely come out of the spell by attacking or using an item.

Oh, and you'd need to check if the unit already has the buff, or else you could unlimitedly damage a single unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.