RPG Silent Night Orpg

CaptDeath

Reaction score
yeah is there a problem?
isssue
my code got super long ass and now code dosent even say anything when i try to load it
:(
i got that posin[i cant spell it lol] ability

check this out for an equip system
THIS

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
no problem just your going to be way ahead the rest of the game lol... Your further than me! once you make it to 50 i might make a special item of your choice for you. =]

Nexor

Reaction score
Okay, I tested the map, and there are some issues:

-Bigger level creeps could give more money.
-Pets can acquire the poison ability too.
-I would give loscust to townsfolk and crittes or make them invulnerable.

-And the last very strange happened to me:

LOLz_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

After killing a slime, it's model appeared on my dragon pet :S:S

CaptDeath

Reaction score
dont get the possin ability it ruins your save code
as though its not even a save code no msgs saying decoding unsucessful

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Nexor
Ok well im not sure making towns people and critters have locust, but i will increase gold from higher level guys. And also, i dont know how or why you would have a slime on your dragon... Its never happend to me, there anrt any triggers like that or even close to like that, no items, no abilities so... Idk

CaptDeath
Nice! Level 55... how? ok i will make an item for you just give me the descriptions here is what i need:

Name:
Type:
Attack:
Defence:
Ability1:
Ability2:
Ability3:
Ability4:
Description:
Weapon Model Url:

Just give me those, and please use hiveworkshop.com for the weapon model. Also poison doesnt do that it must be because you're code is so long, not poison. Because it doesnt even try to save abilities yet...

EDIT: Also is anything un balenced? should i make creeps harder? Boss harder? And ban-lord is going to do the terrain from now on.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Does anything need fixing? Does anything need balencing? Are things too easy? Too hard? Too cheap? Too Spendy? I need critizsm.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Don't have WCIII here so I can't test it yet.

The terrain looks OK. That camera angle doesn't do the terrain well so you can't really see texture and stuff. Not saying mass doodads, but get a variety of things more mixed around, including height changes. :)

What kind of spells do you have? Well, spell, since you said you only have one currently. :D

Gameplay seems cool. :thup:

Good job!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Sixth House

Reaction score
With my free time I decided to test our your map, and after a good run through looking at possibly every detail I could see. I've decided to list some minor problems and what you could do.

Problems
  • Your Wooden Shield discription has the word shield mis-spelled as "Sheild."
  • Your Level Restriction discription has the word wield mis-spelled as "weild."
  • ALL of your items cost way to much for what the creatures are giving.
  • Pets cost way too much and should not be buyable.

General Ideas

The Calender would most likely become a vital part of Silent Night if used correctly. This calender could be used for quest which require a specific date to be done, or if you have to wait a period of days before you're allowed to do a quest. With the calender you can also make item buying more "dynamic." What I mean by this is that you can have a dealer who sells swords and armor who has a quantity of 4 a peice. If a player buys a sword and a shield then I would take (BLANK) amount of days before that stock comes back.

The Pet System should be an exciting feature in Slient Night as it's good to have a partner incase you're single player, or for support in online.
In general it becomes pretty boring having to buy when you should be able too learn how to tame a beast in the wilderness. With this in mind, it allows people to explore the world of Silent Night and able to do quest to learn it, along with your calender system. As you progress in taming animals you could become an excellent hunter or a Zoologist in the process.

Items and Creatures are always around if you look hard enough. You've got spiders and blue slime monsters that just want to suck your brains out. While creatures in Silent Night are great for a start, there's still much that needs to be done. Creatures don't give enough gold and speaking of all, why would a 6 leg monster that will bite your torso with venom or a slime ball that will suck your brains and start to say "Take me your leader..." drop gold? Instead, they both should have a particular item such as a Spider Leg or a Slime Goo that could be selled for a reasonable price, more preferably an alchemist.
In rare cases there might be a time where a strangler walks by and gets butchered by a spider and the spider eats a couple of the gold peices, it could always happen. While gathering gold and your purse or bag is starting to burst, it might be time to spend some gold. While items in Silent Night are pretty nicely done with a pretty easy going description, there's still something missing, a lore behind them. A wooden shield has some history behind it. For example

"The Wooden shield made out of dense material of Lionwood tree was one the first shields used in training by soldiers. Back in the days, crafters were constantly ordered to craft these shields. Although these shield aren't the greatest, they still do protect like they did in the years past...."

I could go on but I feel like you could take the rest from there.​

Overall I wish the best too you are your project. These are my ideas and you don't have go with anything I have said here. If I have helped you, however, at any reason you need ideas for items, characters, quest and/or general ideas then I have no problem. Ask away.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
> 6 leg monster

What happened to the spider's other two legs?!

Meh, but I agree with that post anyway.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
oh and theres also a bug apperently that when you level in the new one it gives you your new level in wood
which ruins the code[gives error]
so once i got to level 56 imagine my dismay when i relied that my code was f***ed

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
>thewrongvine
Well the spell is just a poison spell. And thx for the comment.

>Sixth House
Wow... Thanks for the ideas, but im using gui, because im still trying to learn jass... And gui cannot do stock things like what you were saying. Also the dates are random, so the date quests might not work but i would like to implement that, its a really good idea. As for the item drops, i like this idea. I'll be sure to implement this one. And pets, i would rather have them bought then trained, but, i might implement this one anyways because its a really good idea. i've already thought of what i could do with it. I'll be sure to make the description better.
Also i feel my Rpg is already different from the others. I havent seen 1 with, a pet system, calender system, date system, or others but with these it would push me even further away. And i like that, i want this to be unique. I'll try to implement as many of them as i can.

CaptDeath
Well im pretty sure your just mis-spelling it. Because the capitol I looks alot like lower-case l on wc3 the way i see the difference is the capitol I is slightly bigger than l. Leveling wouldnt do that... because i didnt change the levels at all...

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Whats Happening:
-ban-lord is working on the terrain

Thats it, once he is done i will work on the map.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
>thewrongvine
Well the spell is just a poison spell. And thx for the comment.

>Sixth House
Wow... Thanks for the ideas, but im using gui, because im still trying to learn jass... And gui cannot do stock things like what you were saying. Also the dates are random, so the date quests might not work but i would like to implement that, its a really good idea. As for the item drops, i like this idea. I'll be sure to implement this one. And pets, i would rather have them bought then trained, but, i might implement this one anyways because its a really good idea. i've already thought of what i could do with it. I'll be sure to make the description better.
Also i feel my Rpg is already different from the others. I havent seen 1 with, a pet system, calender system, date system, or others but with these it would push me even further away. And i like that, i want this to be unique. I'll try to implement as many of them as i can.

CaptDeath
Well im pretty sure your just mis-spelling it. Because the capitol I looks alot like lower-case l on wc3 the way i see the difference is the capitol I is slightly bigger than l. Leveling wouldnt do that... because i didnt change the levels at all...

Yo dude, none of that stuff he suggested should require JASS whatsoever. JASS is mostly only useful for spells and systems anyways. If you want, I can help you with a calendar system, etc ...

I can also correct some spelling errors, etc, and some stuff I think is wrong with the triggers in the editor if you want me to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.