RPG Silent Night Orpg

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
snpicturesw4.png

Silent Night Orpg

I have gotten over my warcraft hate from my last map, A Hero's Tale. And have started this. This is more advanced then A hero's tale. This features more systems, and better terrain. With every update i will add more room to the map.

Current Version: Alpha 4

Features:
-Save/Load
-All items show up on your character
-Date System
-Holidays(Give bonuses, exp, buy able things, ect.)
-Random Weather System(Weather changes everyday, but does not affect gameplay.)
-Level Requirments for better items
-Custom attributes(You choose what attributes to increase on your character.)
-Weapon System(Only 1 sword, 1 shield, 1 armor, ect, allowed in your inventory.)
-Descriptive Tool-Tips(Not things like: This sword makes you stronger n stuffz cuz its l33t!)
-Buy Able Pets(You have no control over them but they follow you, and attack what you attack.)
-Items for Pets Only
-3 Classes(So far, I think I should have 3 more out by next update.)

Up-Coming Features:
-Unknown(Tell me what it needs!)

Info:
This is an Orpg made by me, with credits in the game for the people who provided models, ideas, ect. In this game there is not preset heros, you are a hero, you choose your attributes, your weapons, your abilities, ect. Almost all items show up on your character, abilities aren't triggered but I will make triggered abilities soon. A nice date system, with holidays such as easter, Christmas, and others, all giving bonuses one way or another. Has a random weather system that gives the terrain a nice feel to it.

As you can see i added many of the main systems. All comments, critizm, +rep would all be nice. If you find any bugs/things that should be fixed dont hesitate to post them, just do it! I worked really hard on this map, its protected and Optimized only to lower map size, if you want to look at the source just PM me.

Change Log:
Alpha 4:
-Added 2 Dungeons
-Added Hidden Dungeon
-Added Classes
-Added Items
-Increased Map Size
-Added 2 Quests
-Changed Quest System
-Disabled Single Player Saving/Loading(You need more than one player.)
-Fixed Minor Bugs and Text Errors

Alpha 3:
-Added Ability Saving
-Added More Abilities
-Added More Items
-Added More Enemies
-Added New Quest System

Alpha 2:
-Added More Items
-Added More Enemies
-Added a Boss
-Added Pet System
-Added More Room

Alpha 1:
-Posted game on thehelper.net

Screen Shots: [OLD]
sn1tm1.png

sn2uq8.png

sn3qi3.png

sn4ly8.png

Attachments

• opt-Silent Night Orpg A4b.w3x
    721.4 KB · Views: 326

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
some of the tearin in the shots look a little blad that could be worked on but other than that it looks good:thup:

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
yea my screenies are very vibrant like my title(the picture thingy with the other pictures, not the name of the map.) But ill get better screen shots next v.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
so any other comments? did you like the map, what didnt you like, any ballence issues?

Razed

Reaction score
I played around with it. I hope this isn't the entire map? Because it's just brainless level 1 spider slaying with no further skills to use than just auto-attacking them.

What I seem annoying is the 1-6 damage, make it more stable.. Like 2-3/3-4/4-6, you understand?

But if this was just a test, it looks good for a beginning.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Well im going to add more if you read this part.
With every update i will add more room to the map.

And so there will be many more abilities as soon as i fix them not saving correctly, more items, more areas, more monsters, more towns, and quests. So dont worry that isnt the whole game. Just a start.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
why thankyou. That boosts my willingness to this map. Currently im working on the pet system. It works, i just need to figure out what to do with it... I know im going to add pet items, and pets save to your character. But im currently just brain storming on it.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
If you need a save code, check out Acehart's save code. It's great.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
thats the one im using lol, it is great though. And really easy to modify. Tested and pets load :D

NEWS

Pet system is full functional. When you buy a pet it follows you, it saves to your character, and when you load it, it loads and follows. Thanks TriggerHappy for your Companion System! I will Add 3 Pets, 2 Pet Items, More Room, Pet Respawn, 3 More Items, And release a new Version!
EDIT: i tried adding an array to it but i get stantx errors. Trying to finx now...
EDIT2: Nvm its ok no need for array its MUI...

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
There should be an update coming up soon! It will have these:
-Pet System (Done.)
-Pets Save to your Character (Done.)
-Pet Items (Done.)
-More People Items
-More Space
-New Monsters
-A Boss
-Maybe even a dungeon?

CaptDeath

Reaction score
oh i hope this wll be 100x better than your last map
and make a fraking back up of your map on like media fire
--off topic--
also
something i recently learned is that in GUI a variable array can be the size of one cause thats how much is innitiated so you can still use the 8192 something places

Nexor

Reaction score
Nice map, I don't see any changes from your last map, but I can give you suggestions.

Make the poison skill upgradeable
When you want to increase attribute, there's a large text, it can be: "Increase Stat:" or something like that
add more creeps with more levels, add them skills and such.
decrease item prices?! atm it's a pain to get your first sword

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
CaptDeath
What was wrong with my last map? A Hero's Tale?? And yes i have a backup this time around =P There isnt a need for an array. the pets variables arnt perment. So i dont need an array for them.

Nexor
There is many changes from the last map here are the big ones:
1. Better Terrain (Not the best but enough to get by.)
2. More Better Systems (Random Weather, Better UI, Date/Holiday Special Events, and more.)
3. I was focusing more on items, and areas rather than fun and playability, like i am on this one. Or trying to anyways.
4. Im more focused on this one than the last one.

And i want the item price to be fairly high because im going to make the enemies drop more different items. And once i get abilities to save correctly, i will add more spells, but not more levels, mostly because i dont want to and there will be penty pf spells you wont need to.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
make it so host can trun off weather cause it caused me to drop about 5-10 fps with the random rain druing a bright day or the sun beams at night[which was fuc*ing funny]

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
ok but lol sun beams at night is because weather lasts all day :D i might remove it lol
EDIT: lawl i didnt log off i was working on my map :D

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
How much RPG's are you working on? I see like you making another RPG so much times.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
This is the only map im making now. I've gotten better at making maps. Now i actually finish them.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
also fix the attribute system
cause now it just gives one lumber per level
i know cause i got to lvl 21
[was ub3r bored]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.