Skinning Won't Work (Help!)

Reaction score
Alright I am trying to make a simple skin for a map of mine that will make a Steam Tank have blood all over its front grinder/wheel thing (Frozen Throne Steam Tank). I tried this using a tutorial and the Gimp tool, imported it into my map, and nothing showed up. I thought i may have simply skinned the wrong part of the skin, so I skinned the rear plate (a very easy to see place) with the bloody sort of transparent red.

I saved it as blp (following the tutorial) imported it into my map, and changed the path to the original. Saved the map, reopened, nothing on any Steam Tank model.

Please help, I followed the tutorial perfectly and dont know what went wrong.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you correctly applied the alpha channels (black=transparent and white=opaque)?

Reaction score
I haven't got a clue what alpha channels are... are those the base layer? Im a novice of a skinner just trying to add some simple, cool effects.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that when you export the files from WC3 Viewer it already has the correct alpha channels, so as long as you don't change the shape it should be fine (well... the alpha channels should be fine... :p)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.