Spell Quiz/Questions Part 2!!!! (Mostly Passive Edition)

adeoin

Reaction score
If you havent senn the part one 1 then i will explain. Beneath each of these spoilers contains spells i need help on. Please post the truggers or include the map. Rewards is credit and rep. (BTW spells are now harder.)

Ability 1:
Caster stomps the ground and adds a fear buff to 4 random units on the map. If the caster gets within a range of 400 of those who have the buff he will gain +10 damage. Level 2 would be +20 and so on. Buff lasts for 20 seconds

Ability 2:
A passive aura that gives a bonus defense for each enemy hero withing range of 350, and also there is a 10% chance that when he attacks a skeleton willl appear. Chances increase with each level (Similar to Dota's Phantomancer)

Ability 3:
The caster roars causing the screen to shake for any unit currently engaged in battle with him causing them to lose 10 damage, and 2 defense. Lasts for 20 seconds

Ability 4:
The caster summons a hell portal, and it spawns a strong skeleton every 5 seconds. The portal last for 25 seconds. The portal will damage any unit even allies over time if within a range of 200. Does not damage skeletons or caster.

Ability 5:
User cuts his life in half and cuts the target user's health in half. Then share a spiritual bond when one gets hurt so does the other. The caster cannot die with this buff only the target, but caster can get up to 1 hitpoint calue. Lasts for 10 seconds.

Thanks in advance ^^

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A "test" for the pros?

This just seems like a stupid excuse to get all the spells you want made for you.

adeoin

Reaction score
lol ok.... Romek... its not a test geez you need to get out more, being cranky doesnt help anyone

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol ok.... Romek... its not a test geez you need to get out more, being cranky doesnt help anyone

I get out enough thanks. ;)

Also, "not a test":
it technically is a mini test for you pro spell makers out there

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Hmm, although the above posters are right, I could use some rep. :p

Ability 2 is easy.

Make an ability off of devotion aura, set the AoE to 350, and the bonus armor to whichever value you desire.

Then make a trigger.

Code:
Event.
Unit - A unit Is attacked.

Condition.
Boolean - Attacking unit has buff (aura buff).
Integer - Random number between 1 and 100, less than or equal to 10.

Action.
Unit - Create 1 (skeleton) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at position of (attacked unit).
Unit - Add a (#) generic expiration timer for Last Created Unit.

That will leak, set variables and scripts yourself. My personal notes, it would be neat if the summoned skeletons always belonged to the hero with the aura, not just people that have the buff.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Rules said:
We here at TH.net are not a Warcraft III editing service. Do not expect for you to hand over your map to us and have it handed back magically complete. It won't happen. So don't try.

That pretty much describes this thread.

adeoin

Reaction score
im not handing over any map....
ive done this before second part as you can see, and i didnt hear anyone telling me this is against the rules.
But im just saying... cause it may be

EDIT: Thanks bar + rep

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im not handing over any map....
ive done this before second part as you can see, and i didnt hear anyone telling me this is against the rules.
But im just saying... cause it may be

EDIT: Thanks bar + rep
But you're expecting us to just create your spell for you. You're not even trying yourself.

That is obvious exaggeration in the rules.

adeoin

Reaction score
LOL what makes you think i dint try... i did try any spell i put up here is because i have made an attempt to do it and it failed horribly.
i do admit i have not tried bility 3 or 5 cause well i thought it would be 2 hard

Daicos

Reaction score
ability 5 would be like spirit link wouldnt it?

I would like to help but unfortuanetly i suck big hair ***** at making spells.. me mostly terrain!

can we use these spells? like if we ask u and the maker... or are u greedy?
like can we change the variables

adeoin

Reaction score
lol no you cant srry....

JK of course you can use them if you could make them :)

Charapanga

Reaction score
Hey! Remember me?

Well i made a map of your spell ideas and i added a few of mine, check it out! attached it..

I see you require more spells! Sorry, im not that good with passive spells, but i will try :)

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Ability 4:
The caster summons a hell portal, and it spawns a strong skeleton every 5 seconds. The portal last for 25 seconds. The portal will damage any unit even allies over time if within a range of 200. Does not damage skeletons or caster.

Hmm, I've been ready to post this for over 30 minutes now, I tried to make one with fewer than 3 triggers, but as much as I brainstormed it, I could get close.. But there would be small issues or bugs, so to make it perfect(or near-perfect) I'll require to use 3 triggers.. If that's too many for you, just skip me. If number doesn't matter, than please continue. *Freehand*

Code:
Hell Portal Base
Event.
Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability.

Condition.
Ability - (Ability being cast) equal to (Hell Portal).

Action.
Set Hell_Portal_Caster = (Triggering unit).
Set Caster_Pos = (Position of (Triggering unit)).
Unit - Create 1 (Hell Portal) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Caster_Pos) facing Default building degrees.
Unit - Add a (25.00) second (generic) expiration timer to (Last Created Unit).
Set Hell_Portal = (Last Created Unit).
Set Hell_Portal_Pos = (Position of (Hell_Portal)) with an offset of (100, 0).
Trigger - Turn on (Hell Portal Skelly <gen>).
Trigger - Turn on (Hell Portal Damage <gen>).
Wait 25.01 seconds.
Unit - Kill (Hell_Portal).
Trigger - Turn off (Hell Portal Damage <gen>).
Trigger - Turn off (Hell Portal Skelly <gen>).
Custom script: call Remove_Location(udg_Hell_Portal_Pos)
Custom script: call Remove_Location(udg_Caster_Pos)

Code:
Hell Portal Skelly - initially off.
Event.
Time - Every 5.00 seconds.

Condition.
Boolean - (Hell_Portal) is alive) equal to true.

Action.
Unit - Create 1 (Strong Skeleton) for (Owner of (Hell_Portal)) at (Hell_Portal_Pos) facing Default building degrees.

Code:
Hell Portal Damage - initially off.
Event.
Time - Every 1.00 second.

Condition.
Boolean - Hell_Portal is alive equal to true.

Action.
Set Hell_Portal_Group =  (Units within 200.00 of (Hell_Portal_Pos) matching (((Matching unit) is in (Units owned by (Owner of Hell_Portal))) Equal to False)).
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Hell_Portal_Group), and do (Actions).
Loop - Actions.
Unit - Cause (Owner of (Hell_Portal)) to damage (Picked Unit) dealing (50 x (Real(Level of (Hell Portal) for (Hell_Portal_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Death.
Custom script: call Destroy_Group(udg_Hell_Portal_Group).

That should do it for ya, didn't know how much damage you wanted, so I stated it as 50/100/150/200.. It also occurs every second, which you can alter.

Ability 5:
User cuts his life in half and cuts the target user's health in half. Then share a spiritual bond when one gets hurt so does the other. The caster cannot die with this buff only the target, but caster can get up to 1 hitpoint calue. Lasts for 10 seconds.

This will be a toughy, it will also take multiple triggers. *freehand*

Code:
Life Cut Start
Event.
Unit - starts the effect of an ability.

Condition.
Ability being cast equal to Life Cut.

Action.
Set Life_Cut_Caster = Casting unit [color="green"]//alternatively, triggering unit.[/color]
Set Life_Cut_Target = Target unit of ability being cast.
Real - Set life of Life_Cut_Caster to life of Life_Cut_Caster / 2.
Real - Set life of Life_Cut_Target to life of Life_Cut_Target / 2.
Trigger - Add event Life_Cut_Caster takes damage to Life Cut Bond <gen>.
Trigger - Add event Life_Cut_Target takes damage to Life Cut Bond <gen>.
Trigger - Turn on Life Cut Bond <gen>.
Wait 10 seconds.
Trigger - Turn off Life Cut Bond <gen>.

I assume you want it to be a 50% damage split?

Code:
Life Cut Bond.
Event.

Condition.

Action.
If.
Triggering unit equal to Life_Cut_Caster.
Then.
Unit - Set life of Life_Cut_Caster to life of Life_Cut_Caster + Damage taken / 2. [COLOR="Green"]//If the computer does math correctly, it will divide the damage taken, then add.. I might have to change the formula if it doesn't--only testing will tell.[/color]
Unit - Set life of Life_Cut_Target to life of Life_Cut_Target - Damage taken / 2.
Else.
Unit - Set life of Life_Cut_Target to life of Life_Cut_Target + Damage taken / 2.
Unit - Set life of Life_Cut_Caster to life of Life_Cut_Caster - Damage taken / 2.

If.
Triggering unit equal to Life_Cut_Caster.
Damage taken greater than life of Life_Cut_Caster.
Then.
Unit - Set life of Life_Cut_Caster to life of Life_Cut_Caster + Damage taken.
Unit - Set life of Life_Cut_Caster to 1.
Else.

I'd imagine that would work, because the game senses the damage about to be taken before the damage is actually done, thus stagnating his health, THEN setting it to one.. Be aware he'll still die from split damage from the target. I might be able to fix that, but I need to sleep. A trigger this complicated(yet, simple) might only be doable through JASS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.