Spellbook clarification?

Tarivol

Reaction score
Alright, to set up the scenario, I'm planning on giving a unit a spellbook with a skill called Soldiering in it; It's going to be a passive, based off of bash, and level automatically as the hero levels up.

My problem is two pronged; I want the skill to have a variety of effects; Chance for bonus damage, chance to dodge, and increased movespeed, all of which increase as the skill levels.

My question is such; Will I be able to increase the level of a hero skill in the spellbook, or make it so that the skill automatically levels, or do I have to create 20 unit spells to equal the 20 levels of the soldiering skill I want the players to have? I'd like to avoid having to create 20 unit spells, so that I can make the triggers regarding such simple; A formula based trigger, for example, saying that when a unit is attacked, and the attacking unit has soldiering, give it a chance = (some number)(levelofskill) to do (somenumber)(levelofskill) bonus damage, etc etc etc.

If I have to make the 20 individual unit spells, is there a way for me to create a formula that uses the level of the unit spell instead of the level of a hero skill? I'd really like to not have to create up to 60 triggers, just to handle the 3 aspects of the 20 levels of the skill.

Thanks in advance for clarification!

Legacyspy

Reaction score
You can increase the level of a hero skill in a skill book. You don't multiple unit skills. You could also instead just use 1 unit skill with multiple levels.

Tarivol

Reaction score
And I can use triggers to increase the level of the skill, even though it's located in the spellbook, with something like; Unit Levels Up, Unit has skill Soldiering >/= 0, Add 1 level to soldiering?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just like normal abilities, just that you can't order the unit to cast them :D

Tarivol

Reaction score
That's fine; For this particular spell, I won't be ordering anything to cast the spell itself, as it's just a dummy spell. Seems like this will work out great; Thank you!

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just like normal abilities, just that you can't order the unit to cast them​

You can force the player to press the Hotkey.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.