Spells & Other

yonkid

Reaction score
Umm,
1. How do I make an AOE spell that hurts everyone but myself?

2. I want a spell that you cast by just clicking it, and I want it to make the opposing character like, fly in the sky for a second. Do I need to know JASS for that, or can I do it with GUI?

3. I want to work on my project together with a friend, but we have seperate computers. How will we be able to work on in simultaneously? Does 1 need to just make the units, spells and stuff and the other one make the Terrain? Or is it possible to work on it simultaneously by editing the same stuff?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1. You should explain more. Does it need any effects, does it slow or give other effects, etc. Anyway, the easiest is to modify the Thunder Clap spell.

2. I believe you can do it in GUI, using the Crow Form ability.

3. That's your choice, you can send the map to each other after making certain edits or just split the work.

yonkid

Reaction score
1.Yeah, like that ty

2.I want the spell to like, bounce the player, like a jump

3. But can we work on unimportable stuff like terrain at the same time?

vonahs

Reaction score
3. i believe you can not do that, cuz the terrain imo is the backbone of the map. one can do the map and then you just transfer the map so the other can tweak it, but trying to work on it at same time will come up up with different verions and they wont meld together either.

TomTTT

Reaction score
1. Maybe channel spell, then trigger it. Setting all units around the caster to a unit group, then remove the caster from this unit group, and then damage all units in that group.
2. You can try to create dummy units and cause them to Impale the targets, since Impale is easily a spell that shooting the units up.
3. Not version problem, it's just that you can make it together. One will do this one will do that, and the one that will save last will replace the last changes.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
3) Yeah. If both of you work on the map at the same time doing terrain, the other persons work wont show up, leaving 2 different versions of the map.

DioD

Reaction score
you allowed to import\export nearly everything with standart editor.

one able to create terrain, other units and triggers, then "other" export data and one import it.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
3) Yeah. If both of you work on the map at the same time doing terrain, the other persons work wont show up, leaving 2 different versions of the map.

You know you can open 2 maps after that and copy paste the triggers, spells, etc. to the map with the one terrain?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.