Squad System

Aaahn

Reaction score
I need a system that makes units move in squads. Like in dawn in war and mark of chaos. But only one unit at time in each squad should be controlable so you can have many squads selected at one time.
If you could send me a link to a system like that Or make one on your own Or tell me how to do that, ill give you reputation :D

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
you should store each "squad" to unit group variable (array)
then when you control 1 unit order its squad to follow him or move to the point of issued order...
or something like that... dunno xD

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I'm making a squad system for a WWIII map right now, but it's a long way off still. There are a few out there, most of them are pretty basic though. Can you expound on how you want it to work?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I am currently working on one. I will have it done in a week or two, hopefully bug free, it will have working abilities for the whole squad(point, unit and none target abilities will work fine) And of course it will be fully and easy customizable for any user, with a full tutorial on how to use it aswell:thup:

Varine

Reaction score
I am currently working on one. I will have it done in a week or two, hopefully bug free, it will have working abilities for the whole squad(point, unit and none target abilities will work fine) And of course it will be fully and easy customizable for any user, with a full tutorial on how to use it aswell:thup:

You should make a really big deal about it so that I notice when you release it. Might save me some time if all I would have to do is edit the code a bit to work.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I can PM you if I rememeber, it will also be relseased in the systems forum:)

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I have a squad system that I made. Would you like to see it? Only problem is it can only support a max of 6 players at once. And varine, would you like me to throw in a trigger that allows you to change the squad leader?

Varine

Reaction score
I have a squad system that I made. Would you like to see it? Only problem is it can only support a max of 6 players at once. And varine, would you like me to throw in a trigger that allows you to change the squad leader?

No, it would need to be modified pretty far beyond that. I need to be able to split squads up, assign them to vehicles and have it be able to split it up based off the vehicle unit they're sent to, ect. Thanks though.

Although if you were to point me in a direction to where I could look at it, that would be nice.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
No, it would need to be modified pretty far beyond that. I need to be able to split squads up, assign them to vehicles and have it be able to split it up based off the vehicle unit they're sent to, ect. Thanks though.

Although if you were to point me in a direction to where I could look at it, that would be nice.

Well, skitz_24 (I think that's the name) made a unit battalions map awhile ago, and I had a squad system there, although you couldn't do everything you want, its a start. Check it out, its a pretty good start. And changing the leader would probably be pretty easy, although splitting the squad could prove difficult, but I think I could add that if you can't figure out how, along with boarding the vehicle.

Varine

Reaction score
That would be helpful, as I'm not really sure how I would go about doing so. I'll see if I can find his map; thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.