Strength Beam ability

Alph4bet

Reaction score
Hello again, I had figured out the other trigger from my last problem myself, I am now wanting to add another feature to my map.

I will start by explaining what I want the end result to be, I will finish by telling you exactly what I have achieved so far.
The Strength beam ability will be an item where if a player uses it, it will give the attacking unit the ability to destroy a farm in one hit (Provided that the unit hits the farm sometime within the 3 seconds. Otherwise the skill disappears and it's gone to waste.). Now if the user attacks the farm it will send a shockwave to a farm behind it within a certain range and destroy that in one hit also. It would only target a farm though, if a different unit were behind the farm and it wasn't another farm it wouldn't damage that unit.

So far I have created the first step, I have done it in a two part trigger as displayed in my images below.
Part 1:
Step%201.png

Part 2:
Step%202.png

Can someone help me? I will try develop the rest myself, but would gladly appreciate the help.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i;m still slightly confused as to what your wanting to do, but from what i got,
you got:
-the unit to have the buff for however long you wanted it

but you want:
-that shockwave to be sent out and hit the farm behind the one you hit and destroyed :confused:

Well, how i would go about doing this is another trigger that is triggered on a unit being attacked, that unit being == farm, then create a dummy unit with the shockwave spell, in the same facing degree of the hero, casting the shockwave on the farm, and have the shockwave only target "ancients" ... Which you set all farms to be :p

on farm being attacked:
-create dummy unit with the shockwave spell
-have dummy unit facing the hero's facing angle, and cast the shockwave on the farm, and that ability only targeting ancients
-then, all farms behind the farm you hit will be pwnt too :) is that what you were thinking?

given that you set the farm unit to "ancient" in the object editor...

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a tip, do not use the event Unit - A unit is attacked. It can bug. Instead, use Weep's GUI-Friendly Damage Detection System.

As for your problem, I recommend you add units to an array nearby one farm, pick a random unit from the array, and then destroy it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.