Suddenly some pages are all in italics!

Marsmallos said:
Is Arial the default font that google and many other sites use?

Not sure, maybe yes. But, I can guess what the browser does is to check if the correct font is there or not from the Windows font folder. All of that is loaded every time a browser window is started up and running.

That is to make sure the webpage you're visiting is using the fonts loaded in the Font folder. If there's a font being used by all webpages, but you don't have it, then the browser checks the next font and uses it.

If the fonts are put in order, the first one should be Arial. Then Arial Italic. Then Arial Bold.

If Arial is missing, it moves on to Arial Italic. If that's also missing, it moves on to Arial Bold. And so on.

I looked in my fonts folder and I had all the different Arial (normal Arial, Arial Bold, Arial Italic etc) but maybe they are corrupt? I do not know how to check that however, or how to reinstall a font... I am not very handy with computer details so I'm a little scared trying to figure out how to reinstall a font on my own, so any help is appreciated

I looked in my fonts folder and I had all the different Arial (normal Arial, Arial Bold, Arial Italic etc) but maybe they are corrupt? I do not know how to check that however, or how to reinstall a font... I am not very handy with computer details so I'm a little scared trying to figure out how to reinstall a font on my own, so any help is appreciated
Try this link here.

Continue posting if your problem still persists.

Update: Windows wanted to install an update where among other things Internet Explorer 8 was installed, and this update also fixed the problem! My fonts are returned to normal, finally.

Everyone who has posted in this thread has been incredibly helpful, and I really appreciate it, and rep will be awarded to everyone who posted here.

I will certainly save this thread in case this problem appears again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.