Suddenly some pages are all in italics!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Marsmallos said:
Is Arial the default font that google and many other sites use?

Not sure, maybe yes. But, I can guess what the browser does is to check if the correct font is there or not from the Windows font folder. All of that is loaded every time a browser window is started up and running.

That is to make sure the webpage you're visiting is using the fonts loaded in the Font folder. If there's a font being used by all webpages, but you don't have it, then the browser checks the next font and uses it.

If the fonts are put in order, the first one should be Arial. Then Arial Italic. Then Arial Bold.

If Arial is missing, it moves on to Arial Italic. If that's also missing, it moves on to Arial Bold. And so on.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
I looked in my fonts folder and I had all the different Arial (normal Arial, Arial Bold, Arial Italic etc) but maybe they are corrupt? I do not know how to check that however, or how to reinstall a font... I am not very handy with computer details so I'm a little scared trying to figure out how to reinstall a font on my own, so any help is appreciated

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked in my fonts folder and I had all the different Arial (normal Arial, Arial Bold, Arial Italic etc) but maybe they are corrupt? I do not know how to check that however, or how to reinstall a font... I am not very handy with computer details so I'm a little scared trying to figure out how to reinstall a font on my own, so any help is appreciated
Try this link here.

Continue posting if your problem still persists.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Update: Windows wanted to install an update where among other things Internet Explorer 8 was installed, and this update also fixed the problem! My fonts are returned to normal, finally.

Everyone who has posted in this thread has been incredibly helpful, and I really appreciate it, and rep will be awarded to everyone who posted here.

I will certainly save this thread in case this problem appears again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.