The New Patch

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What's your guys' opinions on the new patch? It's coming out today, and all the honor is being reset.

I think i'm going to like the new honor system, except for the fact that they're removing the possibility of twinks.

Shammys duel wield FTL :( ! (Death to all alliance mages)

BTW, I heard that they're adding the Burning Crusade Talent Trees, is that right?

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
What's your guys' opinions on the new patch? It's coming out today, and all the honor is being reset.

I think i'm going to like the new honor system, except for the fact that they're removing the possibility of twinks.

Shammys duel wield FTL :( ! (Death to all alliance mages)

BTW, I heard that they're adding the Burning Crusade Talent Trees, is that right?

Firstly, if your a Shaman and you have trouble killing Mages you deserve to be shot! :p I watched a Vid of a 50 Shaman owning Tier 2 Mages.

I'm crying with delight at them removing Twinks (not really, I am in my head though). I never enter 10-19 or 20-29 BG's because of them.

There will also be 41 Point Talents. I'm still waiting for the servers to come back up :mad:. I wanna try my content!

Full patch notes here:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score

W/e Honor isnt hard to get, though I'm concerned about the whole anti twink system, as I'm a fat one myself. I would think its too large a part of the game for them to eliminate it entirely, once my/our account is opened up again (we got hacked and items were being replaced), I'm gonna search for some sort of option turning off in battelgrounds experience gain.

This really grinds my gears cause I've spent a lot of time for a mad level 49 twink, I have a bunch of epics and nice enchantment materials and such for it, if I find out it was all for nothing I'll be pissed.

The new content will be fun either way though.

R

RyuHayabusa

Yeah, im liking the new honor system as well, and twinks just prove that that factions r pussy noobs (F U horde u stupid fat 2 toe troll, moo-cow tauren, skinny ass undead, and u dumb brain-dead orc) so that theres no twinks and pussies that need to be overpowered to beat the other faction (dont think i only hate horde, i also hate ppl on my own faction like this: F U stupid nooby gnomes, F U stupid ninja dwarves, F U stupid brain-dead ninja night elves, F U 50% of the humans that r stupid) soooo.... Summary: Every faction have their nooby-idiots, if there were no idiots on WoW, we wouldn't know who the pro's were

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
What's happening to the twinks then? Do their enchantments get removed?

This should be awesome, BGs can be more skill oriented than gear, can't wait til download finishes.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I finished downloaded it, I started downloading before I went too school.

Too sad there is a extended maintence, so they server will go up 15:00.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the new mage talents. :rolleyes:
Deep fire ftw!

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I finished downloaded it, I started downloading before I went too school.

Too sad there is a extended maintence, so they server will go up 15:00.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the new mage talents. :rolleyes:
Deep fire ftw!

ftl*

I specced 31 points into fire only to realise frost does more damage and combustion is teh suck.

I haven't actually read much into the new talents though, I think I'll go look them up now.. Hope they will actually make fire mage plausible.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! Firey damage! That's why I'm a hunter, warrior, and rogue.
I like that they finally are gonna get rid of twinks. I can't wait to own Giggles (a 29 twink gnome rogue on Twisting Nether) again, and again, and again... >:D

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
ftl*

I specced 31 points into fire only to realise frost does more damage and combustion is teh suck.

I haven't actually read much into the new talents though, I think I'll go look them up now.. Hope they will actually make fire mage plausible.

Actually I just specced fire, and I used to be frost. I think Fire does a lot more damage, since my max crit with frost used to be 750 or so (level 47) and now I crit for 870 or so. I do like frost better though, because I can't die when I fight stuff. Frost Nova, Ice Barrier, Increased Slow, and The insta-cooldown-remover-spell FTW!

Druids are now too strong. They now do too much in Bear Form, and they have a Healing Form. They now heal for more than Priests, since it increases healing by 25%

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
"Shaman with the appropriate talent spec are now able to dual-wield."

What the... :eek:

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
The EU WoW site is down and there's only a small number of servers on the list, with 1500-2000 queues :(

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Wow. I haven't even started playing since new patch came out. Hopefully they'll let me redistribute my talent points.

41 point survival here I come! :D

Cornface

Reaction score
ftl*

FTL!?! :eek:

I love fire, It is really imba, But I guess it comes down to the taste after all. :rolleyes:

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
troll shammy here, well i find that this new patch sucks!
first of all...
I dont think whe were actually ready for it, everybody whas still busy with some other stuff, and I wasnt yet level 60... just a few more levels...
second of all...
almost ALL the weapons are now "main hand" ... wtf? ... racism against shammys:mad:... well okay complain now and yell that shammys pwn ass, but my shammy never hit good, and i got almost only epic and stuff gear... so...
third of all...
why did they remove lfg channel? now i can hardly talk anymore, and people say u cant talk on /1 unless its urgent... or u might get banned... now wtf?
fourth of all...
the lfg button really sucks, i think they should add a chat pane within the lfg interface thing, since u can hardly do anything exept for wait, and maybe u forgot about one place, and someone else says lfm -that place- and u remember u wanna go there to, now that isnt possible, why? they removed LFG channel...
fifth of all...
my very weak warrior alt wich i just started a few days ago suddenly lost all his powers:nuts:, i used to be able to pwn all those razorfen guys in RFK (noob instance, but its the only place i can do on my new alt, currently ofcourse:D:shades:), but now... they did something with my talents and the abilities, and now i hardly to damage at all.. i dont know what they did...
sixth of all...
the new druids are really weird, they suddenly pwn my shammy? normally druids were the weakest, even weaker then magi and priest (al though magi are weak, they crit high:eek:, even with this STUPID new patch)
seventh of all...
i really really really dont get the new honor ranking system...
eigthth of all... (how do i write eightththththththt?)
i just dont get what a twink is. everyone says twink = pvper.... and i thought that too... now you guys are talking about that they are removing pvpers..?:nuts: ... okay i know this eighththththththththththth of all has nothign to do with the rest but still

phew
finalyl done
off to play STUPID NEW PATCH wow again:D
:cool:Quauhtli:cool: :shades:Zenedar:shades:

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I read half of this and stopped. First of all lrn2spell. Second, the new patch rocks but I guess its a matter of opinion but the way you supported your opinion made the post seem like a bunch of Q_Qing. =/

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
The new patch is good, except Blizzards side of it. BG's were down for about 2 hours on my server. Anyone who was in a BG in that time got locked into the BG couldn't get out of it until they came back up.

I'm glad to see it's much easier to get PvP gear but i'm saddended to see that within a few months, say 90% of Hunters will be using the GM/HWL bow etc. This doesn't mean im not going to do the same thing (which I will, but not on my Hunter).

Some of the new Talents are really imbalanced atm. Some classes got buffed (Warlocks... God time I rerolled one of them, Druids finally but not to the extent of Warlocks, I have a 33 one i'm levelling atm) and some got nerfed (Warriors again). This may be bad in the current 60 Bracket, but may normilise out when it comes to BC.

Arena's (my most anticipated thing) are still down even after 2 days. They're going to be down for another day at least, Blizz needs to sort their shit out.

The change to LUA 5.1 screwed all mods, now im back to the shitty default UI. At least there are some mods out there that are working fine.

It's just a matter of time really. Everything should fit into place eventually (well, hopefully).

Cornface

Reaction score
I love this patch, it is awesome.

But there as some things that sucks, like Husky mentioned.

Our BG was running smooth whole Wednesday (the day the released the patch on EU) all tough they extended the maintaince on our server for about 4 hours. And then, around seven, the server crash, and goes back at ten.

Next day, Thursday, I couldn't play, so I don't know any problems there.

And on Friday, this is the worst day, the BG crash like every 1 hour. Once a BG is finished, you can't get out. You are stuck there. I was stucked in the arena for about 3 hours, and I was playing on my alt meanwhile.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.