The Scientology thread - the OG!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Talk about indoctrination from an early age.
This might sound anti-religious but I assure you I believe people should be free to practice whatever religion takes their fancy. I do not believe that religion should be in schools. The rules are most often conflicting with those of the enviroment, and inflict on those that do not wish to follow them.
My sister, for example, goes to a school where the majority is muslim. This means that the meat must be halal, even if that means my sister - not a muslim - has to eat it too (fortunatly she takes her own lunch). I could go on but I won't :)

Also, I am not anti-muslim, I was merely using it as an example.

I am not against the people who practice Scientology rather I am against "the Church" part of it. From what I have read alot of practicioners of Scientology have actually benefited from it. The facts as I have seen them show though that the Church itself operates itself like a Cult and is shamming people about it being a religion and is only out for the money and the power.

I am against the Church part of Scientology. The elite few that are controlling this sham. I have nothing against the followers and respect there right to practice any religion they want.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
I am sorry but Scientology is not a religion. It is a total scam. I sure hope that the people that are in it wise up to that fact. At least Germany is progressive enough to recognize it for what it is.
Bah... People got the right to practice whatever they want, as long as that which they practice does not harm human or animals, nor one's rights in society. I must agree that the kindergarten deserved to be shut down, if the parents of the attending children didn't know that it was run by Scientology, which I think isn't the case. "It's not a religion", well define a religion for me then. If Scientology isn't a religion, then Buddhism isn't either. There isn't major differences between Scientology and Buddhism, except that Scientology cost money and is shrouded in mystery.

To sum up, this is bull ****!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Not to offend anyone in this post or picture

The payment Scientology. Cult or Religion?

This is the major reason, I don't consider them a religion, because, Have you ever been in a Temple or Church. Have they ever told you to thats theirs a membership fee? No...
Really if you didn't have the money for a bible or (i forget the names of the other holy books in other religions) they may actually give you a free book if they have them left.

This is why I don't see them as a religion, because religions aren't money making companies. There places for people to worship or find hope and I see none of this in Scientology.

Thats my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:

duyen

Reaction score
ArmedCitizen said:
So Germany is anti religious when it isn't the majority's choice? I guess time repeats itself quite well.

Scientology has been marked as a business by the US Government.

Tom Jones said:
well define a religion for me then

The belief of a divine god existing.

Mizuio Ken said:
This is the major reason, I don't consider them a religion, because, Have you ever been in a Temple or Church. Have they ever told you to thats theirs a membership fee? No...
Really if you didn't have the money for a bible or (i forget the names of the other holy books in other religions) they may actually give you a free book if they have them left.

This is why I don't see them as a religion, because religions aren't money making companies. There places for people to worship or find hope and I see none of this in Scientology.

Thats my 2 cents

I agree, I'm Christian and I got a free study bible from the church in 2nd grade.

Our family does give donations, but that money funds the church and some of it goes to the pastors for their salary.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
TAXPAYERS are picking up the bill to send police officers and bureaucrats on a controversial personal enlightenment course.

Victoria Police staff and public servants have been sent on the "transformation" seminars run by Landmark Education, which was set up by a former Scientologist.

Police and Emergency Services Minister Bob Cameron has confirmed at least 37 police and public sector staff attended courses between 2001 and 2006 - at a cost of more than $16,602.

Landmark Education has previously taken legal action against newspapers, magazines, websites and television programs that have criticised it.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The church is seeking a restraining order to stop a new round of protests.

CLEARWATER - With the Internet activist group Anonymous threatening a second round of protests against Scientology this weekend, the Clearwater-based church went to court late Tuesday, filing a petition for a temporary restraining order.

The petition was filed just before the close of court Tuesday afternoon, and the St. Petersburg Times could not obtain a copy of the petition.

Pat Harney, a spokeswoman for the Church of Scientology in Clearwater, confirmed the church had filed a request for a temporary restraining order, but on the advice of counsel, she refused to provide a copy of the lawsuit or discuss who it seeks to restrain.

Last edited:

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
says i dont have permission to access page

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
lol, check the comments...

by anon 03/12/08 04:56 AM
This is just an attempted subversion of the Constitution, plain and simple.

by Anonymous 03/12/08 04:56 AM
"We are taking every security measure we can," Harney said. "To keep our cult running."

by anonymous 03/12/08 04:50 AM
we mean you know harm. we do not protest you, or your beliefs. we protest the practices that your leaders have allowed to happen. expect us. we are legion.

by debbs 03/12/08 04:37 AM
The Church of Scientology is actually trying to subvert the First Amendment. No more abuse by the CO$.

by Anonymous 03/12/08 03:25 AM
Hahahahaha! Whom will this TRO be against? See you on March 15 for another PEACEFUL PROTEST.

by anon 03/12/08 02:46 AM
If the CO$ has nothing to hide then why do they fear any attention on them by peaceful protests?

by Tammy 03/12/08 02:29 AM
Thank you OSA for giving anonymous another example of the COS trying to take free speech away!

by LRon was a CON 03/12/08 02:28 AM
Obvious FAIL $cientology. OBVIOUS.

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
A .pdf copy of the actual injunction is located here. There are a few bits that exhibit strong language.

---------------------
Bottom of page 10 and top of page 11:
On February 15, 2008, the Church of Scientology of San Francisco received a bomb threat. A person wearing a mask placed a box just inside the San Francisco church building. The police were called and the bomb squad evacuated the building. The bomb squad shot compressed water in the package, which turned out to be filled with candy and confetti. There was a message on the box signed from Anonymous that read:

"To: All Scientologists - Sorry we're late, but we still want you to be our valentine - Anonymous."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
CLEARWATER - After weeks of enduring Internet video taunts from a group called Anonymous, the Church of Scientology posted a YouTube video of its own Wednesday.

It includes what Scientology claims are video snippets from Anonymous, threatening phone messages and obscene e-mails sent to various Scientology churches.

Scientology also says members of the Internet activist group Anonymous made, or encouraged others to make, 8,139 harassing or threatening phone calls to the church. Anonymous sent 3.6-million "malicious" e-mails to Scientologists, the church contends, committed 10 acts of vandalism at various churches and made 22 bomb threats and eight death threats.

The torrent of alleged harassment and threats was the underpinning of two church lawsuits filed Tuesday and Wednesday in Pinellas Circuit Court, each seeking to bar Anonymous members from coming within 500 feet of Scientology buildings in Clearwater during a planned protest this weekend.

----------------------
That is a major win for Anonymous with Media coverage. For Scientology <-- Epic Fail. This is the kind of publicity that can make someone desperate. I can just see Scientology terrorizing its own just to put the blame on the Anonymous protest - that tactic it is clearly Scientology's MO. Nice Job Anonymous! TH is pleased.

Last edited:

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Scientology also says members of the Internet activist group Anonymous made, or encouraged others to make, 8,139 harassing or threatening phone calls to the church. Anonymous sent 3.6-million "malicious" e-mails to Scientologists, the church contends, committed 10 acts of vandalism at various churches and made 22 bomb threats and eight death threats.

If the bomb and death threats are true, that is definetly counter-productive.

I think half the attention towards Scientology is misunderstanding

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.