The Scientology thread - the OG!

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I hope the people that were taken away go after the Atlanta Police for violating the Bill of Rights (that is, if they truely did nothing incriminating).

Sad to see such corruption.

EDIT: BTW, I read somewhere that the police claimed that honking encouraged rioting, which gave them the right to ticket the driver. Nice bullshit, eh?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It is a good thing to see that corruption really. If it is not seen nothing can be done. Atlanta Police and Scientology partnership = EPIC FAIL - LULZ!

Anon got away with a couple of misdemeanor tickets and there name on some list. Scientology and Atlanta Police get there corruption documented for the world. Democracy does work and Anon did the right thing in the reaction they gave because they have no cause for more than there guys just getting a misdemeanor ticket. Chants proving the FAIL of Atlanta Police were highly called for.

Maybe this Ghandi guy had some kind of point?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I'd fight them tickets in court.they can't honestly ticket you for honking your horn can they?

honking at a protest doesn't start a riot, officers doing stupid shit like that starts riots...

duyen

Reaction score

_______

I just had to post this.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Wikinews has learned that The Church of Scientology has warned the documents leaking site Wikileaks.org that they are in violation of United States copyright laws after they published several documents related to the Church. Wikileaks has no intentions of complying, and states that in response, they intend to publish thousands of Scientology documents next week.

In the letter to Wikileaks, lawyers for the Church's Religious Technology Center (RTC), which oversees the use of the their logos, writings and religious content, states that the site "placed RTC's Advanced Technology works on Wikileaks.org's website without the authorization" of the Church.

"I have a good faith belief, and in fact know for certain, that posting copies of these works through your system was not authorized by my client, any agent of my client, or the law. Please be advised that your customer's action in this regard violates United States copyright law. Accordingly, we ask for your help in removing these works immediately from your service," states the letter from Ava Paquette of Moxon & Kobrin which was published by Wikileaks.

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Scientology: Jason Beghe Interview

Last edited:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I really couldn't care less about Scientology. I mean, I think it's pretty stupid, but when people protest religions like this it's totally pointless. Do people that do these protests really expect to change the beliefs of the people in the religion?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Scientology is not just a "religion". In short, it's all a money scam. You are charged to be in the religion...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Scientology is not just a "religion". In short, it's all a money scam. You are charged to be in the religion...

Well actually it is expressed as a religion by the people in it, many call it a scam. Yet its actually grouping is a Cult.

Scientology is not big enough to be called a religion so by classification it is a cult.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I still think people are making too much of a big deal; organized religion has been doing what Scientology has done since the beginning of time and on a much larger scale.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking to my friend at the convenience store right around the corner from the Scientology Center and he said the peeps from Scientology came by and gave them a DVD about the whole thing since they were in the area. I think it is the same DVD that came out from the Scientologists on the Internet where they call Anonymous Terrorists and claim they sent bomb threats and such. Basically trying to get the merchants outside where they protest afraid they are terrorists. Thank god we have come a long way from Nazi Germany and the days of L Ron Hubbard when everyone was so sheeptard it was not even funny and would believe that crap.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
>organized religion has been doing what Scientology has done since the beginning of time and on a much larger scale.

But this time, we can do something to stop this one from growing.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well although other religions did do this, I mean they weren't base off a sci-fi Book that wasn't intended to become a holy script.

Its almost as the same as the cult that worships harry potter in some ways

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Well although other religions did do this, I mean they weren't base off a sci-fi Book that wasn't intended to become a holy script.

Its almost as the same as the cult that worships harry potter in some ways

I know eh? Can we all just be jedi and get along?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
The Babylon 5 TV Series is written by a Mormon - and introduces a bunch of Mormon stuff behind the scenes. I think Battlefield Earth is a great book. I also believed L Ron Hubbard when I read about him saying it oh so many years ago that the best way to get rich was to write your own religion.

Varine

Reaction score
Well actually it is expressed as a religion by the people in it, many call it a scam. Yet its actually grouping is a Cult.

Scientology is not big enough to be called a religion so by classification it is a cult.

Religion, cult, sect. They all have meanings that are really subjective. Is there a reason that it matters? And by your definition all a cult is is a religion without a lot of people, so all a religion is is a cult with a lot of members.

TheHelper said:

What does that have to do with Scientology?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Religion, cult, sect. They all have meanings that are really subjective. Is there a reason that it matters? And by your definition all a cult is is a religion without a lot of people, so all a religion is is a cult with a lot of members.

What does that have to do with Scientology?

F*ck the Mormons and F*ck Scientology. The Mormons don't cause trouble so I allow them to remain. Scientology bothers me and happens to be right next door so I so no and goodbye. However, since I am master of my domain I say that Scientology will not be eliminated rather its top level people will be exposed for the thieves and thugs they are and it will change into something good. It will still be totally fictional like the Mormons but hopefully it will get out of trouble then. 2 cents.

I am Down with Anonymous with this one.

Last edited:

Varine

Reaction score
F*ck the Mormons and F*ck Scientology. The Mormons don't cause trouble so I allow them to remain. Scientology bothers me and happens to be right next door so I so no and goodbye. However, since I am master of my domain I say that Scientology will not be eliminated rather its top level people will be exposed for the thieves and thugs they are and it will change into something good. It will still be totally fictional like the Mormons but hopefully it will get out of trouble then. 2 cents.

I'm Mormon. At least you spelled it right... I guess. Do you even know anything about the religion or are you just another protester who doesn't like us so holds a sign saying 'Repent, repent, repent' with no basis of an argument on which to actually protest save the vague and generally wrong statements made to you by your minister, if there is any statement made at all save a command to hate the religion for believing God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost be seperate entities?

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints aka "The Church of Mormon" is just like any of the other "Christian" religions. They pick and chose ethics/morals, get up and make their own church based on what they want to believe.

Don't turn this into a debate about LDA, This is about scientology and anonymous. Mormonism has already rejected their questionable practices (polygamy) and no longer hold the "ethical" contempt of society.

Anon, and all of us here support freedom of religion. What we object to is the unethical, libel, deceitful and destructive practices of this particular religion. :eek:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
He's one of the biggest box-office draws in history, but in recent years Tom Cruise has become more than just the face of his films. He has also become the face of his religion -- Scientology.

A recent video of Cruise -- made for a Scientology event and leaked online -- showed the star's unbridled passion for his religion and piqued the public's interest in a belief system that has long been surrounded by controversy.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Scientologist," Cruise said in the video.

Cruise is a vocal supporter and close friend of Scientology's worldwide leader, David Miscavige, who took over the reins of power when science fiction author and founder L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986.

Miscavige says Scientology can offer its followers greater ability in all areas of life, rid people of negativity, and make them "clear."

But some former members of the Sea Organization, or Sea Org (Scientology's version of clergy -- the group of people who essentially run the church), including a niece of Miscavige, see another side to the religion. They spoke to "Nightline" about how they became increasingly disillusioned with the Church of Scientology, until they decided it was time to leave.

Read the whole story and watch the video here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.