The Terrain Thread

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Get a "less-aerial screenshot. Make it epic looking, the camera is IMPORTANT. Add more trees, hills, tile variation, hold ctrl and scroll to get rid of blackness, add a sky.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Hold ctrl while scrolling to make the blackness go away. Go to File - Preferences and set a sky. And get a better angle to where you can actually see the sky.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Crtl + mouse wheel in(/de)creases the FarZ.
Press "V" in WE to activate game view, which enables the sky and fog and hides those little pink click-helper boxes.

>"hope you like it! "

Looks like good playable terrain. But yeah, try another camera perspective.

>"I think it is the endy part of "Haxorz" or something like that. Krewl_Rain uses that a lot. "

Krewl Rain uses everything a lot. pew pew pew xD

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I made this last night

hresattxi0.png

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
The challenge of terraining is to use what warcraft gives you. And I made this! It took me about a hour. Has like 1000 doodads or more. I checked a little while back and it said 950 and i am certain i added at least 50 more. Er...I posted my only 2 other terrains here. Soooo thats about it.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Rainforest of 3202 Doodads :O

Yeah this is a rainforest with tree size 5.0. It has 3202 doodads. 0.1 size seaweed makes GREAT (and laggy) grass. And i will not use imports. :rolleyes: So whatcha think?

EDIT - Wtf where is the rain?

EDIT - Eh its raining but hard to see unless its animated.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Wow, that truly is a piece of crap!

Naw, its awesome, I cant terrain like that for my life.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Press I to make the squares go away. And its good if its being used in a map. Could use a bit more doodads though.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Bump. Any comments on my forest besides calling it crap and/or awesome. Some tips on how to improve?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
you maybe can use cenarius ultimate effect for good rain.
well, the trees look a little plain but i think there's nothing you can do about.
Maybe make a world-tree based tree?
maybe change aroudn with the hight of some trees. now if you look at the roof of leaves it looks so plain.

just my noob comment :)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"just my noob comment "

And I agree with you, so I guess we're both noobs. :p
Why do you want rain anyway? Not like anything could get through that dense roof. o_O

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Some terrain for the upcomming survival map, Apocalypse.

Apoc9.JPG

My favorite shot/area in general. Personally I think this is really good, but I'll let you people be the judge of that!

Apoc12.JPG

I know the car is a bit bright, it has later on been shaded properly.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
>"just my noob comment "

And I agree with you, so I guess we're both noobs. :p
Why do you want rain anyway? Not like anything could get through that dense roof. o_O

Maybe cuz its a rainforest. I guess it looks more like a normal forest with all the critters and stuff.

Oh and RSH, omigod that is better than some of 2-P's stuff it doesnt even look wc3ish.

Tharius

Occasionally Around
Reaction score
Explanation of this picture: I wanted to try and form a cave-like area out of the terrain, since Warcraft 3 can't actually make caves beyond the terrible-looking cliff doodads that aren't even really caves. I prefer to only use the standard world editor, with no imported models. This is the solution I came up with. (Yes, I know the rest of it doesn't look that great, I mainly wanted some filler so it didn't look like a dirt mound with a hole in it.)

mountaincaveiz9.jpg

The insert is how I managed to make it appear concave - basically, I tilted the camera, along with most of the doodads, and added several scaled-down doodads in the background to attempt to give it more depth.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.