The Terrain Thread

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
You're most welcome for the rep. :)

Tree scaling can be done for realism, I'd say. A blademaster shouldn't be almost as tall as tree, should he? And the pirate lagoon theme would sound interesting. Keep up the good work.

B

brelinnnn

i like how you used different color variations with the coral and the sky to liven up the island

nice work :D

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
i think the trees have no variation, they are very cluttered, theres 2 hermit crabs, id suggest 1 hermit crab, and some shells, cat tails rarely grow in a southern area like the sunken ruins tileset, they mainly grow in the north, to the left i think your using an excessive amount of rock spires.. consider the tides, i really dont think those floating logs/panels would be there
just my thoughts though

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
...theres 2 hermit crabs, id suggest 1 hermit crab,...
"ZOMG, that's my island, get the hell off!"
lol xD

Anywayyyz, in the case you don't get it, it's a marketplace. :p

Weeee, many screeny shoties this time. ^_^

WastedSavior

Reaction score
lol i just stressing that he had no variation, and people dont like seeing the same thing over and over again :D although it did come out a little weirder then i intended..

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
lol, nice 2-P. disappointing to see no weapon stalls! But it's good nonetheless.

Priest "Yes.. I'm looking for a nice new cloak, I'm not sure about this one; does it make me look fat?"

Mullit

Reaction score
@2-P - nice, but Whats the child doing on the top of that red and yellow thing?

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I'm speechless yet again, 2-P. Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

If any terrainers didn't know yet, there is a nice "Log Bridge" doodad in the RoC .mpq, which never made it into the final game. It makes for a nice treetop bridge or something similar.

bridge4el.png

The path:

doodads\lordaeronsummer\bridgelog\bridgelog\bridgelog.mdl

Naturally, since it's already in the .mpq, you need not import anything.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
whenever i try to use the path it just tells me it cant load it, whats up? what am i doing wrong? i just grabbed a bridge and replaced its model, i also tried replacing the model of a doodad =o

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Kenito, I think you need to add some torches along it, maybe wooden fences...And fishermen!

And one of the support columns seems a bit lower than the rest.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
NoxMortus said:
Kenito, I think you need to add some torches along it, maybe wooden fences...And fishermen!

And one of the support columns seems a bit lower than the rest.
I wasn't terraining it. Just showcasing it. :p

Also, when I use it, I use the pathing map of a Short Stone Bridge. That seems to get the job done the best, since they are so close in size.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Since I didn't terrain for a long time I decided to post this here image. I had some problems like in the underwater but I was too lazy :p

SamplePictures.jpg

edit: Here's another one only in an inside version. This is the first time I did this.

TerrainPic2.jpg

TerrainPic3.jpg

TerrainPic4.jpg

O

OmgWtfBacon

WOW, that look really good.^^^ Whats with the blotch in the top right corner of the first one, though? Looks awesome! :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Thx :D
It's a elemental btw. Looks kinda ugly that way. I can even draw that in paint :rolleyes:
I never noticed the hippi knight for a second in the second post bottom left corner though.
He needs some help :rolleyes:

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Love them. The tinting of the waterfalls don't seem right, even if they do match the rest of the water, but that may just be since I'm not used to such dark waterfalls.

Also, are those wyverns atop the mountain in the foreground? Would be cool if you made a sort of nest for them...smoking pile of human corpses and all.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
The waterfall coloring was due to fog effects.
The background image I made to tweak you out a bit. Look closely. I'm not taking another pic to make it more visible :p

Remember folks. Knights are noobie hippies

edit: so in other words they are not wyverns

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Uh, that blue double trouble triangle of doom doom in the first picture is the hax! xD

He he, that knight in the 2nd pic just wants some attention. ^_^

I suggest you to raise the terrain in the background instead of using so many cliffs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.