The Terrain Thread

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Jesus, how do you do this? I thought Wc3C had some nice terrainers...But this blows them out of the water. o_O

Mullit

Reaction score
nice terraining, I'm using b2ms pack for my RPG too. just remember to delete any unecessary imports when you're done, i think some of the terrain tiles and doodad textures are as big as 1Mb so zip it up too.

heres some terrain shots form mine.
the upper class area of my start town including a nice water feature in the garden:

The Market and the local blacksmith:

Pine forest with fast flowing stream:

Theres also 2 more screenies on my rpg thread if you wanna see them.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Ui, there's a bad time coming ahead for the ones with a slow internet connection, every second single player project I've seen lately uses those doodads.

NoxMortus: Good doodad placement. ^^ I don't like the fence around the beetroot field though. Fences are usual placed to "protect" something, so leaving gaps between the fences doesn't make much sense. :p
It could use some tile variation and it looks too plain in some areas.

Mullit: Oh noez, the blacksmith works on a wooden platform, that could end evil. ;)
Your city also lacks some tile variation, maybe some dirt.
The pine forest looks great. :)

Mullit

Reaction score
2-P said:
Ui, there's a bad time coming ahead for the ones with a slow internet connection, every second single player project I've seen lately uses those doodads.
thats because they're so freakin good. most of them are only things that you'd use once in a map, or maybe not even once. (eg grindstone and 8 types of grass) which makes for bigger file size. plus if the mappers had any sense they would only use 1 of the 5 tree variations for each tree and vary the size/colour slightly to keep the file size down. even so, the map files are still gonna be around 10Mb plus.

2-P said:
Mullit: Oh noez, the blacksmith works on a wooden platform, that could end evil. ;)
Your city also lacks some tile variation, maybe some dirt.
The pine forest looks great. :)
thanks, the citydoes lack variation but i want to get the rest of the map's terrain finished before i go around and check it for finishing touches.
As for the blacksmith, something actually happens in the game with him working on the wood, but only if you find a certain game secret :D

2-P

Reaction score
>"thats because they're so freakin good."

Hell yeah. ^_^

>"plus if the mappers had any sense they would only use 1 of the 5 tree variations for each tree and vary the size/colour slightly to keep the file size down."

The number of models doesn't really matter, the skins make over 90% of the size.

The harbour at night. Some bushes look a wee bit strange at night, because the darkness doesn't seem to affect them. @.@

Mullit

Reaction score
its only the brownish coloured grass rthat looks a bit weird, the rest of the bushes are fine. the wooden bits that go into the water (forgot what theyy're called) look like some of the wood is broken in some places, that might just be the angle but it looks slightly strange. still good overall though.

2-P

Reaction score
The wood is broken. It looks a bit strange at some places, don't know if I'm going to change it. :/

Conan the scarecrow ( :p )-

Hm... light hax -

You should make some freaky golems too, it only takes a few minutes and it's fun. ^_^

Mullit

Reaction score
ahh, that second one looks like the wickerman (don't know if you've seen that movie)

2-P

Reaction score
I guess the light golem 5-10 minutes. Conan took a bit longer, maybe 20 minutes.

2-P

Reaction score
Rofl, I played around with the white cube model Rinpun made for me once.

Warning: brain insanity hax xD

The cool thing is, when you select another cube to place it, its transparency affects the other cubes as well. @.@

And yes, I have no better things to do. :D

2-P

Reaction score
AceHart the Hell Hound

Appalling close to the real one, isn't it?! :eek: ... :p

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable Terraining! Good Job 2-P !
icon14.gif

2-P

Reaction score
Thanky-hanky. :)

Now we know what's really going on at the south pole. :p

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
2-P said:
AceHart the Hell Hound

Appalling close to the real one, isn't it?! :eek: ... :p

What Acehart doin'?
Looks like he's farting fire. :rolleyes:
JK, Very nice. Especially the South-Pole one.

Mullit

Reaction score
i think there are too many shrubs on the left and not enough on the right. also it could do with some more trrees/tree variation on the sides of the water fall. and the waterfalls might need lowering at the top too, it looks like they start above where the ground is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.