The Terrain Thread

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Mullit said:
why does everyone forget about erwin?

Obvious. He's not as popular. Some of that, I might add, is due to your own request for Jindo to not make any Erwin avatars for anyone else. Winky is so popular because he's so spread out. A lot of members have them. Thus, he gets around more, is seen more, and obviously is more popular.

KeeperofKeys said:
@ Jindo: I disagree with your "shadow demon" suggestion. If you were a lost soul walking up that road, I think that the lack of any animate prescence would scare you more than a couple demons standing around looking useless.

Actually true.

People are more pron to fear when they have no one else around. Even knowing someone that is your enemy is nearby can be comforting because at least they're sharing your ordeal or at least seeing your situation as well. To be alone is to question yourself later on (if you survive)

KeeperofKeys said:
@ Jindo again: I also want to see some futuristic stuff out of 2-P, but then again the world editor simply isn't made to handle that kind of thing. Perhaps 2-P could pull it off, but I certainly wouldn't want to try it.

That's actually not true. I've seen some futuristic stuff done in WE and it comes out fairly well. The problem is finding the custom models and skins and stuff to make it, as not a lot of people who play WC are into that. If they were, they'd probably just go play SC instead, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

2-P: I like your terrain a lot (at least, the stuff you actually work at :p) because it looks like an actual scene. It's got it's random junk, symbolism, and all that good stuff.

Mullit

Reaction score
Jo.O said:
Meh, nobody mentions my Evil Winky.
(And yeah, he kicks Winkys and Erwins asses)

not quite true, go look in the jindos artwork thread :D
winky + erwin = unstopable, your evil winky doesnt stand a chance

>2-P how did you get the terrain so steep in you wierd screenies?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Mullit said:

I think he changed the pitch/roll angle of the ship to make it vertical, and then adjusted the camera view to make it look like the ship is normal and it's the water that is vertical.

Mullit

Reaction score
i was talking about the pic on the page before with the waterfalls and crates.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Witchcraft? What happened to the tradition of mindlessly shouting out, "ZOMG HAXX0RS!!!!!"?

The first dungeon. Complete with massive ribcage, chains holding the place together, and more!

A view of the Ordiri Village.

Two dwarven woodsmen living out in the Satyr-infested forests.

The Plainstrider tribe of Tauren in its early stages. I plan to make it much bigger...

A Tauren Shaman looks into a storage hut.

A mine. Note that the rocks themselves have come to life and driven off the miners! (I didn't add an underground dome to this one, because you enter this area directly from a gate, so you would end up seeing yourself walk through the dome doodad).

A port town.

A closeup of the entrance shows a nice fountain behind it, and an island even beyond that.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Very nice, but on one of the screenshots you see the 'black outside'. Try finding a position where you only see terrain.

Mullit

Reaction score
you might wanna smooth out that noise in the first pic, otherwise, very nice. also where did you get the wooden wall for the tauren camp?

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Mullit said:
you might wanna smooth out that noise in the first pic, otherwise, very nice. also where did you get the wooden wall for the tauren camp?
Ah, thanks. For a few areas, I did the noise + smooth strategy. I didn't notice how strongly noise'd that area was until now. I'll fix it.

As for the log wall, tada!

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Ok heres a small work-in-progress I'm doing. It's not quite finished but I thought it's decent enough to post.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9958/wip1jpg6xn.jpg

P.S You won't believe how long it took me to get that torch mounted on the watch tower in the correct place..And you can barely even notice it! :mad:

Edit~
Dang, I just noticed a doodad box near the right of the picture :banghead:

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Hit I to toggle doodad boxes (as well as start locations) on and off. It looks great so far!

-1 point for breaking the table and causing a horizontal scroll, though. :p

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Sry, didn't realise it would make your browser have a horizontal scroll bar, because mine isn't stretched (1280x1024).

I'll change it to a link instead.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
It's okay. Just pointing it out. I'm a 1024x768 (my 1280 burned out like a year ago).

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"P.S You won't believe how long it took me to get that torch mounted on the watch tower in the correct place..And you can barely even notice it!"

Next time give the torch a large maximum scale in the object editor and then increase the Z-scale. The torch will stay slim but become very tall. Just put it on the right position and then decrease the Z-scale again.
Spares a lot of time. :)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Mullit said:

Well you go to your Warcraft Folder, and post this in the UI Folder. (If you don't have one, then create a new one). It allows things to be steeper, and disables some limits on the terrain. (I got this from the terraining tutorial at www.wc3campaigns.net , so it's thanks to them).

Attachments

• MiscData.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 384

Mullit

Reaction score
thanks, although i seemed to of already had it, i wonder why it didnt work, i replaced the file though and now it works fine, thanks again.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Updated the first post with two new links.

The second link leads to new skies (still searching some Mullit? ;) ), here's a screenshot with one -

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
NoxMortus said:
P.S You won't believe how long it took me to get that torch mounted on the watch tower in the correct place..And you can barely even notice it! :mad:

What torch? <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.