2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
-Grass under all the trees
-(More) Sunken Ruins rocks
-cattails and viny plants at the edge of the river
-Shells
-Sunken Ruins mushrooms could look better
-If you want to use so much shrub you should also place some short grass beneath them
-What Mullit said =P

These are all just suggestions. ^^

-Good height editing
-Very neat atmosphere

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Updated:

Vattenfall1.jpg

Vattenfall2.jpg

Vattenfall3.jpg

More Feedback, please.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Realistically, your river is extremely odd. Judging by the river's width, it is near the end of it's course, where, generally, there would not be a waterfall, and there would be flood plains either side on which you would not find many rocks.
Also, if there's a waterfall there, then the river would be eroding vertically, where the river would, generally, not be wide and it's sides/banks would be steep, and valley-like.

I think the slopes around the waterfall need to be steeper, and I think it is very odd for so much sand to be around a river, I'd suggest using different tiles, especially around the waterfall, perhaps the Village>Rocks.

The plunge pool is a nice addition, however, there wouldn't be many rocks, as the only rocks to withstand the hydraulic erosion would be strong, impermeable rocks, and, these would eventually be eroded via attrition, after which there would only be few, small rocks remaining.

Yea.. I studied rivers for two years..

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Here are some tropical images I whipped up on short notice.

A dense jungle floor...

A vine and mushroom-infested cave behind a waterfall. I know the "Cliff Vines" doodads don't look right. However, when behind the waterfall, they appear as if they were in front of it. -.-

Another dense jungle image. This one includes a skink, and is on a high elevation, as you can see lots of flowers and sky.

This one I made a while ago. Peering through the deadened trees at what appears to be sunken ruins.

Another old one, from the same map as above. A shipwreck, along with ruins, upon a chain of ridiculously-damaged islands.

---
I've spent too much time with Sunken Ruins tilesets, and my little brother is pestering me at the moment. Plan to do something much better later, when I can think.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Kenito said:
A vine and mushroom-infested cave behind a waterfall. I know the "Cliff Vines" doodads don't look right. However, when behind the waterfall, they appear as if they were in front of it. -.-

The delete button is an invaluable tool. I also think you need to get familiar with the 'smooth' function. Other than that, your screenshots are great.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I didn't want to take out the cliff vines, and, as for the smoothing, those massively noisy images were done a few months ago, before I learned to use smoothing a lot.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
...and here's a couple of a nightelf, who has made her residence amongst very dense bushes.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Is it just me or is there no night elf in those pictures.. lol

It looks good, although I'm not too fond of purple trees.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
NoxMortus said:
Is it just me or is there no night elf in those pictures.. lol

It looks good, although I'm not too fond of purple trees.
Yeah. I was toying with the tints, since I've seen so many WoW-Darnassus remakes in WarCraft, where the purple tinting on the sky, lighting, water, and trees is amazingly perfect.

As for the nightelf, we can come up with many theories as to where she is...many.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Jo.O said:
More Feedback, please.
-The shrub, viny plants and cattails are too piled. Especially in the 2nd pic; there's mass shrubing at the river and no shrub in the forest besides it. Spread those little doodads. ^_^
-Sunken Ruins cattails might look better
-Try to make the color of the waterfall more like the color of the river.

NoxMortus: I guess you're right (I didn't study rivers :p ). But it looks not unrealistic for us "river-noobs" and that's the important point.
You can't make totally realistic things in Warcraft anyway, so the best way is to make some mix of realism and "good-looking". (Not that realsim wouldn't look good! :p )

Gosh, each time I look at him I feel the urge to dance. xD

oldschool9cv.jpg

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
:eek:

Beautiful. Are those wc3sear.ch models? I honestly need to use their resources in my terraining, not my actual projects. :p

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Very nice. Would you mind sharing how you do those light effects? It could come in useful for a lighthouse in my map. Although, if it's a 2-P secret, then I understand if you dont wanna tell me ;)

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
To me, they looked like warped (pitch and roll angles) ice crystal doodads...though I've also seen some light fx packs on wc3sear.ch.

M

Mocrandir

I'm trying to learn how to terrain good, and this island came out pretty good, I think.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Yea it looks good, although I have 2 comments; Why are the rocks in an orderly, somewhat straight, line? And I'd suggest you use less trees, but scale them up.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Great start, I don't mind the rock spires too much, but shouldn't shipwrecks be, well, lodged into something, not just sticking out of the water? Just a personal preference, though.

M

Mocrandir

I guess you're right, I'll probably change many things in the map, I've only worked on it for 30 minutes or something, btw thanks for rep! :)

The rocks are for making a "lagoon-possible-pirate-nest" feeling. I'll try scaling the trees also, if it gives a better effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.