Trigger ain't working for some reason...

PYROMANIC

Reaction score
I want to make a building that gives income, and that i can upgrade the building to get more income.
Like that: level 1 "Grates" give 1 gold per second. level 2 "Tent" give 2 gold per second.

so i made it like this:
-Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (red) Finishes construction
-Conditions
(Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Grates
-Actions
Trigger - Turn on Red Income 1 <gen>

*(Red Income 1) is a trigger that gives 1 gold per second.

So it worked but if I try to upgrade the building the same way, it doesn't.

so i made it same way:
-Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (red) Finishes construction
-Conditions
(Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Tent
-Actions
Trigger - Turn off Red Income 1 <gen>
Trigger - Turn on Red Income 2 <gen>

And now it doesn't work.

So my question is how to do this and i would also like to know why doesn't it work.

use one trigger for the income not 2-20 or however many upgrades create 1 if/then/else function for each level

Trigger:
  • for loop integer a from 1 to 12 do actions
    • loop actions
      • if - conditions
        • (Boolean Variable [index:integer a]) = true
      • then - actions
        • give 1 gold per second
      • else - actions
        • do nothing

and another if then else function in the same integer function for 2 gold per second
then create a boolean variable for every level of income and when that building is created it turns the variable to true and the latter to false etc

This is the best way:
Every 1 second of the game
Add number of units matching matching unit is equal to gold generator * 1 gold to player 1 red.
It works

So my question is how to do this and i would also like to know why doesn't it work.

This just turns on a trigger that gives 1(2) gold, it doesn't check how many 'Grates'('Tents') you actually have.

This is the best way:
Every 1 second of the game
Add number of units matching matching unit is equal to gold generator * 1 gold to player 1 red.
It works
This is what you should do, though I think having a trigger that adds units to the unit group rather than creating a new unit group every second would be more efficient.

The triggers:
Would look like (hand typed again!):
Trigger:
  • Grates
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Grates
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Grates[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Trigger - Turn on Greedisgood &lt;gen&gt;

Trigger:
  • Grates
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Tent
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Tents[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

Trigger:
  • Greedisgood
    • Events
      • Game - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • for loop integer a from 1 to 12 do actions
        • loop actions
          • Player - Add ((Number of units in Grates[(integer A)]) + ((Number of units in Tent[(integer A)]) x 2)) to player[integer A] &#039;s current gold

Variables:
- Grates[] is an unit group array, storing all the grates owned by a player.
- Tents[] is an unit group array, storing all the tents owned by a player.

Also:
- Please use [wc3 ], [/wc3 ] tags around triggers, it makes them easier for us to read.
- The first two triggers could be combined into one, ultimate trigger to rule the world.
- Also I noticed you were using 1 trigger for every player in the map, with the above trigger you only need 3 (2 actually) and it works for all players at the same time, awesome no?
- Change the '12' (for the loop) in the third trigger to the amount of players you have in your map.
- Again this is hand typed, so some spelling or codes might be a bit off.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.