General Trucker falls on air hose, goes up his Ass and blows him up like Balloon

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
WELLINGTON, New Zealand – A New Zealand truck driver said he blew up like a balloon when he fell onto the fitting of a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock and forced air into his body at 100 pounds a square inch.

Steven McCormack was standing on his truck's foot plate Saturday when he slipped and fell, breaking a compressed air hose off an air reservoir that powered the truck's brakes.

He fell hard onto the brass fitting, which pierced his left buttock and started pumping air into his body.

"I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like it was going to explode from my foot," he told local media from his hospital bed in the town of Whakatane, on North Island's east coast.

-------------------------
Oh my.....

Last edited:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I've heard a similar story, where an air gun was stuck up someones butt. They died. :/

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
This is most likely an exaggerated story to gain media attention. A full grown rabbit will die if you inject 10ml of air into its circulation system (did that in medical school, unfortunately).
Now if what that guy says is true, "a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock and forced air into his body at 100 pounds a square inch" that would mean he would be getting about at least 1L of air into his circulation every second. Although its unlikely the body can absorb so much at once, still, he should be dead even with about 100ml of air in his circulation. Way beyond sufficient to kill a man.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
It says he was lucky and the air didn't get into his bloodstream. It only separated his muscle and fat, which I imagine is pretty painful.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
This is most likely an exaggerated story to gain media attention. A full grown rabbit will die if you inject 10ml of air into its circulation system (did that in medical school, unfortunately).
Now if what that guy says is true, "a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock and forced air into his body at 100 pounds a square inch" that would mean he would be getting about at least 1L of air into his circulation every second. Although its unlikely the body can absorb so much at once, still, he should be dead even with about 100ml of air in his circulation. Way beyond sufficient to kill a man.

He was rushed to the hospital with terrible swelling and fluid in one lung. Doctors said the air had separated fat from muscle in McCormack's body, but had not entered his bloodstream.

also, poor rabbit :(

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Oops my bad, didn't have time to read the whole article. Thanks for pointing that out.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score

Could've only pierced flesh/muscle.

And you need a very precise needle to inject air precisely into a vein to cause the kind of damage you're describing.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
He's lucky. Air into his veins would of killed him. Air where it went only caused damage.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Oh dear, what a story! He's lucky he survived!
And well, he's "kind of famous" now.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read this in the Metro the other day. They included a diagram of how the air looked like inside of his body too. :p

He's lucky he survived. Not quite so lucky that it even happened in the first place.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Yeah, but you can't predict an accident.
Obviously. If you could, it wouldn't be a matter of luck, but of stupidity. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.