True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If you don't know what you want the stats to be just yet, then wait. Besides, you're going to test and suddenly find out "HOLY CRAP, THAT THING JUST KICKED MY @$$, SUCH HAX, THIS MAP IS RIGGED! ... Oh... Wait... Nevermind... :D" anyway, so don't worry a lot about balance just yet ;) You just want the damn things made! :)

T

TOC_Cid

:D Lol ok, but still it does help with the making of the map.... because im just gonna need to fix it later as a balancer.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If you're really deadset on getting the creeps nice and balanced, base it around a Melee Game's stats. Level 1 is the worst, and it goes up to level 10 which would be pretty damn crazy as hell. Think like Melee Creeps. That should at least be a good start.

Sargon

Reaction score
TOC_Cid said:
You shouldnt under estimate dedicated creep makers. I have made a variety of things like zombies, jungle beasts, arachinids. So i don't just only make sheep with different sizes....

P.S. Creep anmes above are not the actual names of the creeps...

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that a bunch of creeps that look like different sized sheep, some with magical stuff, would meet all the requirements he's set out so far. I'm just pointing out that Agent's being too vague.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
sargon you are interpreting the way im making this map wrong.

i dont want to say-make some furbolgs and some wolves and some wildkins in the forest, and some blah blah blah here... i want them to come up with stuff they think is fit, hes in chage of creeps, not me. and as for starting hp just do somehting around 100 hp then later on getting to a max of around ~ 10,000, for the really hard creeps. and dont make the creeps get hard too fast, i dont want players hitting a rock wall, i just want the first ones to be easy and stay reletively easy, then the last one stay almost impossible for even the best of players. dont be afraid to make the later ones "too hard", i want there to always be places and reason to improve, so you dont get to the top and kill the mightiest beast and say, "ok, now what?" and give up on the game. of course PvP dueling will help with that too. (i plan to have a PvP arena in the city, and maybe a system where you can attack other players outside of it)

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Ok. I'll start with some forest creatures. TOC, could you finish the snow creatures?

-Ghoulfrenzy

G

guitarplay

let me in

plzzzzzzzzz i can do triggers and i need some experience

il be a tester also and could come up w/ some ideas for stuff

i know my way round my way round object editor

il do whatever u want me to just plz can i work on this

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
no need to beg guitar ;)
Pm Agent if he doesn't respond..
He probably just missed your post saying u want in..

T

TOC_Cid

ghoulfrenzy said:
Ok. I'll start with some forest creatures. TOC, could you finish the snow creatures?

-Ghoulfrenzy

Yah im currently working on them right now, but i see i need to do alot more work since paper wants me to go to 100-10000 XD. No problem just saying i thought i was done, but im not. So far i have a couple little evolution trees of Sworatith (Arachnathids). They look really kool!

Hey paper, should i ad background stories and evolutionary background facts on my species of creeps? Cuz what i was thinking is have a quest thingy (not an actual quest) that has a story and synopsis on each species, im willing to write ghoul's if he doesn't want to. Im just so phyched i ahve something to do other than watch TV and play random games on the computer :D

I have a question for someone, is there a way to make an ability like shadow meld, but it works night and day? Because im giving that ability to one of my snow creatures, it's called "Tundra Camo".

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well the 100-10,000 would go like 100, 110, 120, 140, 155, 200, 300, 450, 600, 900, 1500, 2000, 3000, 5000, 7000, 10000. plus 100-10,000 was an example, you guys are in charge opf creeps and will decide the specifics. so it gets higher and higher as it goes but not some huge span of creeps, just like 10-20 levels max. same for heros (but opposite getting a bunch at first then less later). maybe not as drastic as i showed but thats the idea. note that fighting won't be the only focus in the game you can do, and heros will not level like normal ones. they will get points in various "skills" that make them better a dodging, or cooking, or smithing, or hitting a creep, or gathering...etc. and there will be a maximum amount of points you can use, so you cant be perfect at everything. and guitar i will add you to triggers and testing, sorry i missed your post i went to dinner and just got back.

S

skinny77

Okay, here's an idea for a really powerful creep:

"I walked along the frozen wastes and came across a small creature. It's bulbous eyes looked up at me with fear. I bent down to stroke it. But - AARRGGHH! It's morphed into a slightly darker and faded blue version of me! It's attacking with all of MY skills and abilities!"

So how's that? A "TRUE MIMIC." They would be level one and so the skilled player would meet one and think it would be an easy fight. But then it attacks as himself. It would need great skill and potion use to win. Possibly it might be a boss?

Loving the frozen wastelands, they're looking great. Good job Jindo. Can't wait to start testing!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Maybe at the start, you have a home in a big and powerful country but decide to visit your home town where you were born. While you are there, a GIANT (scaling value = 10.00) monster comes out of no where and destroys the city in about 20 seconds.

You get angry for revenge and that is when you choose a hero to become strong and defeat the monster for revenge.

Hope you like it :D!

~Jindo

P

Persen

AgentPaper said:
and to the person who doesnt like WEU, (with a vengance :rolleyes: ) if you can produce an effective version of each thing we need from WEU's advanced triggers then im completly open to using them instead, but i would rather you do things that WEU cant do, so we can get more done. (i said this before)

Ok Paper, i'll do whatever you want, if just you guys won't use Advanced Triggers (you know in WE Enhancer)

EDIT: Maybe i can use WEU for this and stop whining. NO ADVANCED TRIGGERS, but the [WEU ADD-IN] is OK to use... They're acually just ordinary JASS thingys in GUI style.

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Hmm...Jindo. The map still seems kinda bare. Only a little bit of Iceland on the upper side. TOC can start making puting in his creep now. But when do you think you can start on the forest for me?
Oh, anyways nice work on the artic wasteland. It looks good. :D
-Ghoulfrenzy

P

Persen

Well, what should i do??? (Just wondering, cuz i want something to do...)
Are there any Advanced trigs. you want to use???

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Were not quite on triggers, Persen. Terrain is way far from over and we still need creeps. Hang on to the triggers for a while.

-Ghoulfrenzy

T

TOC_Cid

So you want me to put the creeps on the terrain now?

Jindo, you should put like a cavern in your terrain so it will go off screen and your going into like a preivios mountaineers home or something. Jus cuz all there really is is bumps.

Also, ive never needed to do this before so that's why i don't know, how can i import files from a different map? or do i just copy and paste them?

T

TOC_Cid

TOC_Cid said:
Hey paper, should i ad background stories and evolutionary background facts on my species of creeps? Cuz what i was thinking is have a quest thingy (not an actual quest) that has a story and synopsis on each species, im willing to write ghoul's if he doesn't want to. Im just so phyched i ahve something to do other than watch TV and play random games on the computer

I have a question for someone, is there a way to make an ability like shadow meld, but it works night and day? Because im giving that ability to one of my snow creatures, it's called "Tundra Camo".

Im still waiting for those answers as well....., more the tundra camo ability.

Oh crap i double posted :eek:
I will not be able to post or work on my map today, cuz i have to work almost allday, sorry.

G

guitarplay

yo someone mentiond a mimicing creep and all i thought it was a great idea so i did this

i set up a game cachet trigger its cool and all heres what u do
ill attack the map, what u do is u kill teh peasents to lvl up just to show u then add abilities then enter beteween teh 4 crates wehre teh frog is

teh frog will become u exactly . . .

just thought it might help

skinny77 thats who it was ty skinny for the idea

i just want to add that if u cahnge teh hero it wont matter and if u cahnge the creep from a frog all u have to do is select the unit to removed instead of the frog

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.