True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guitarplay

agent would u like me to do teh city for u i want to be of the most help i can

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
no its okay im going to make the city (thats the only terrain im doing though) but if theres a part of the terrain you want to do that is unclaimed then you can claim it to do. you dont have to do terrain though you dont even have to work on this right now since you are a triggerer.

G

guitarplay

i know i wnat to help as much as possible so if anyone esle wants to do something let them, just come to me if i can do anything at all and il let u know if im able to do :) just to make it move faster

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
make what move faster?

if you mean the map, people post it when they've finished their part, its not something you must go faster on, unless you want to spoil it..

~Jindo

P

Persen

ghoulfrenzy said:
Were not quite on triggers, Persen. Terrain is way far from over and we still need creeps. Hang on to the triggers for a while.

Ok, ok. I have never done anything even remotely like this before, so i don't know how to act :D

G

guitarplay

Jindo said:
make what move faster?

if you mean the map, people post it when they've finished their part, its not something you must go faster on, unless you want to spoil it..

~Jindo

the entire process of the mapmaking

im not tlaking about doing it porrly or anything all i meant was to make it move more smoothly

allow me to re-word
just to make it move more smoothly and more efficiently

G

Ghoulfrenzy

I would really appreciate if the forest terrain is started soon. I would like to get my job done a little early. Also, is there any other creeps you want me to do for another tileset, AgentPaper?

-Ghoulfrenzy

T

TOC_Cid

Hey jindo are you completely finished the tundra terrain? cuz i need to know when i can put the creeps down.

Paper should i make like creep bosses? ill post a tiny map of the sworatiths. The boss is a female one and when it dies a bunch of hatchlings pop ot of its belly that were not born yet. Its pretty kool, but it took triggers.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well it doesnt matter what tileset you make them for you can make any at any time. if you want to know what tilesets there are just look at the pic showing the map layout. all of those regions need specific creeps (except the city), although the plains will have less and easier ones in it as it is more for lower levels, and higher level creeps will be more situation based and be hiding in places so you won't stumble on them and die accidentally (except in some areas). also just remember that any work you guys get done now, before terrain is done, will have to be pasted into the main map. so dont modify units, make new ones based off them, and dont do anything that cant be copied in (you can but it'll be worthless) also try to use channel as much as possible in spells, so we dont run into problems with that. other than that this is pretty free reign. and could we have an update on how the terrain is coming?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Hmm u just got a great idea...how about we have a system where you have to pick the level range the game will be at, like a difficulty system, and if you shoose low only lower levels can load in and the creeps are easier. then you have the higher ones that require higher level ppl and they have harder creeps and more xp and etc on to however high we go. that sound like a good idea? it would stop powerleveling as well.

G

guitarplay

i was thinking of items and all and i had a thougt

seing as heros will be broken up into races and classes then have a whole lot of items for them that tehy all can use and then

break some itesm up into the races for instantce

elven bow
cetaurs spear
human blade
orc axe

then break that down

elven bow(hihg elven bow)<-- distance and acuracy
elven bow(dark elven bow) <-- strength and speed

allow the items to increase range and set the level to which it may hit for instance

elven bow default bow acuracy 50% damage 10 range 800 cooldown 1
dark elven bow acuracy 75% damage 40 range 500 cooldown .75
hihg elven bow acuracy 90% 20 range 1100 cooldown 1.5

break everything down slowly so taht the regular bow equips a mele for attack that then the bow can be upgraded for the different classes of the races

T

TOC_Cid

Hey guitar no offense but you gotta slow down there, youve been spurten so many ideas out and we are just on terrain! Leave your ideas for when we are actually making weapons.

And paper, previous question again. Should i make creep bosses? And should i make a building with books using tome or scroll icons with the stats and weaknesses to some monsters. They could cost stuff and it would tell you a good way to kill the specific creep or sumthing.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
no i think the way the system will work is you can buy any basic item for about 2x what the base materials cost, and you can buy the materials or get them from killing things. and in the crafting there will be a type of skill that lets you improve items, giving them names (like bow of fire or Defenders staff).

and yes there should be boss creeps, 1 or 2 per tileset (except city and plains) but they will be in dungeons so plan accordingly. and that encyclopedia monster database sounds like a good idea, we'll have to implement it once we get to items.

D

Dark_Danger

Wow, this looks like one big project, i would love to join in, if i wasnt doing my Movie/RPG: Worlds of War

Rad

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Hmm u just got a great idea...how about we have a system where you have to pick the level range the game will be at, like a difficulty system, and if you shoose low only lower levels can load in and the creeps are easier. then you have the higher ones that require higher level ppl and they have harder creeps and more xp and etc on to however high we go. that sound like a good idea? it would stop powerleveling as well.

Make it even better make better quests and more item drops enabled on hard so ppl actually want to play on hard :)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
of course! how could i have it any other way? and dark danger you can sign up now and not do anyhting until your done with your other map, dont need to do stuff right away.

P

Persen

I've got an idea.
Make another thread for ideas, maps and such, and use this one for discussion...

Just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.