True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guitarplay

u say u need some more terrainers id be glad to help when u done w/ city if the ice still needs some adjustments tell me what u think they are and il maby do that

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and also note that some areas should only have harder creeps, like thr ice area will be hard, but for now just give the creeps names and models and abilities if you make any, then we can balance them later (make guesses on what will be balanced for now)

G

Ghoulfrenzy

I'm going to begin to work on forest creeps now. Should have the majority or all of it done by the time forest terrain rolls around! :D

-Ghoulfrenzy

G

guitarplay

what do u mean by "done making" are u making new skins or just abilities and stats

T

TOC_Cid

I have an idea for a quest, one of the terrainers could make an island set of the side or sumthing. And have a castle there. And your quest is to send a truce document to the king from another palace or sumthin, but you have to get a ferry ticket from somewhere. And you meet this old man who sells tickets but for very high prices (outrageusly high, so that a player cant go "ill pay for it, i have the money!" and when they cant afford a ticket. The oldman askes you a favor of delivering a rare jewel to a distant land not to far from there (pardon the pun). Then you deliver that to where-ever, get the ticket go to the ferry and deliver the truce document :D . And there you go a quest. Maybe a Main quest cuz that pretty big depending on how you look at it. Cuz maybe the truce docu thingy will save your village or town ect... from being destroyed by the army of the island's castle.

Well gimme your feedback.

G

guitarplay

wow this is starting to sound a lot like a real rpg, kinda a mix between diablo and fable u know

save ur town (fable), doing one quest in the middle of a main quest to compleet the man quest (diablo), thats a good thing though casue theyer both great games :)

anyways its a godd idea i think, and maby be one of the begininning quests u now, how u start off, fabel like

story line-

deep within . . . there was a small town called . . ., for many years it had lived peacfully, and had only enuf prtection to fend of the wolves and creatures that every so often wanderd twards its liking, yet ther was one boy, who grew up fighting, a verry skilled fighter that that when he became a yong man, wars began breaking out across all the surrounding lands, and one day, they recived work from the neighboring village, it had been destroyed and burnt to the ground, yet a survivor managed to escape and warn tehm that soon, they would be nex, and there only hope was tehre yong fighter, who now, was not so young at all, his name was . . .

. . . set forth from his village equiped with what he needed in food, watter and weapons, and passed through the land riding twards the scitry for which was creating this threat, as he battled his way through teh terrain, he made it to a rivir which sepparated them from teh city, the conly crossing was a fairy for which it cost a highg price to rent, . . .

hows that :), that would be his first mission, but heres the thing continuing on ur idea...

he finaly made it to the city and was welcomed by the king hwo asgreed he would spare there city on one condition, and that was that . . . the yong hero became one of his soldiers, he was to preform every task the king wished or his town would be flatend, so he obayed and was sent forth again into the wild lands to do teh kings bidding and to keep hist town safe. . .

:) what do u think about that, unless there is allready another main plot idea

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Uh dont get too carried away with quests, this is still an open reoleplaying map. the biggest the wuests will get is ones that help you get better at your profession. but something like that would work just have it be optional and all.

G

guitarplay

ok i know but its not realy a quest. . .

its more like an opening to teh game, like a beginner way to get u started and aquainted w/ teh game u know,
also there is not realy anything to do after uve met the king, but it gives u a reason for what ur doing u know, its not suposed to be a quest just a story line

T

TOC_Cid

Well this is going very slowly, can we get a status report fom whoever is doing terrain right now? Because I would really like to get started on those Arctic creeps....

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Well im doing terrain, and i decided to just go for it and make the city and ice and a few others so it will take a while (im makin most of the terrain now heh). for now just sit tight.

S

skinny77

Im Back

Wow! I go on holiday for a week, and now i have to read up on 4 pages of threads. Sounds like the maps coming along well. Cant wait to test. You dont have to include the mimic, it was just a suggestion.

guitar is right, Fable is a good game, and he was right when he said this map is sounding like it. anyone involved with this map who has an Xbox, BUY FABLE NOW!!!

Speaking of fable, perhaps we could have some kind of good/evil thing. There is one in my RPG. instead of wood u have Morality Points, the maximum u can have is +1000 (total saint), and the minimum -1000 (total sinner). People could react differently to you depending on ur morality. eg. shop wont serve u at -500. and when u go creeping u could get say +5 points for killing a spider or sumthin, or kill a boss for +100 points or sumthing, or u cud kill someone in a city for -100 points etc etc. the triggers would be farily easy, eg. event - player buys item, condition - Morility equal to -500, action - remove last purchased item from players inventory, send text message "Get lost you evil doer".

just another (stolen) idea...

A

AddE

Nice idea skinny!! I have fable.. it rocks.. ive completed the whole game

( i took sword of aeons and killed my sister!! MOAHAHAH EVIL!! you cant believe how good[after credits] it is ..)

well yeah you should have good/evil points.. ill fix it for ya!!.. if i can :p
but if you gain 100 by killing a boss you should have like 10000 max points..
well i would be glad to fix it for ya

edit:but then we would see a problem because.. or do your save trigger save all variables too?

T

TOC_Cid

One question, when should we post out abilities? Ive posted one so far but thats only a taste of the many triggers i have in my powerful aresenal! (2)
Anyway, just give me a call to give you some spells and ill attach em.

P.S. one is a Druid spell, the other is a ranger spell.

P

Persen

By enhancing skill i mean a skill that you can enhance certain stuff in the game like som items etc.

EDIT://

I've got a great idea (i think).
Instead of using player/chat commans like -save and so on, each hero has a spell book with game commands. That would be better than having a dialog for each command, or chat commands...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.