True Roleplaying - A Truely Open Role Playing Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
sorry for the late post again, i;ve already started school so dont expect any responses until about 4:30 on weekdays.

good job jindo, that was fast, so now we need someone else doing the next part, and i dont think killfest is ready so who wants to do it? and just attach the map to a post and the next person can get at it. you should be able to import some snow with a custom tileset too, look around in all the winter maps and i beleive one has one that you can add to a custom tileset

yes we will be using cityscape, and there shouldnt be too many problems with that. the only other cliff we would need is ice, but since most of the ice is in the wasteland then the rock cliff terrain will work fine, and the city cliff will be useful in making the main city.

TOC_Cid good ability, just hang on to that until we get to importing and making any remaining abilities.

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Hey Paper,
You said we could start on our stuff early if we want to. I'm into that, I don't want to be a procrastinator. Would you want to make me a list of the creeps you want made?
Also, did you ever get to talk to TheHelper about making you a Hosted Mapper?

-Ghoulfrenzy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
sounds good! just o you all know, this isnt something where i am in charge and you all do only what i tell you. I myself dont know excatly how i want everything, so its more of a team, and im just the organizer. so if you don't agree with me I will listen to you and consider it, not order you to obey me ;) .

and to the person who doesnt like WEU, (with a vengance :rolleyes: ) if you can produce an effective version of each thing we need from WEU's advanced triggers then im completly open to using them instead, but i would rather you do things that WEU cant do, so we can get more done. (i said this before)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
ghoulfrenzy said:
Also, did you ever get to talk to TheHelper about making you a Hosted Mapper?

The project's still new. Wait a bit.

Honestly, none of the Hosted Mappers asked for it. TH surprised us. You may have to make an EXCEPTIONAL map to get in, or something, or he'll just notice certain people. No idea. Anyway, might wanna ask about it in the Special Member area, about if you have to ask or something :)

BTW, this is an Open RPG, or a storyline type RPG?

Single player or multi?

G

Ghoulfrenzy

AgentPaper said:
sounds good! just o you all know, this isnt something where i am in charge and you all do only what i tell you. I myself dont know excatly how i want everything, so its more of a team, and im just the organizer. so if you don't agree with me I will listen to you and consider it, not order you to obey me ;) .

and to the person who doesnt like WEU, (with a vengance :rolleyes: ) if you can produce an effective version of each thing we need from WEU's advanced triggers then im completly open to using them instead, but i would rather you do things that WEU cant do, so we can get more done. (i said this before)

Great speech chief. Unfortunatly, you didn't answer any of my questions..... :D

-Ghoulfrenzy

EDIT- Alex answered my second question. Thanks Al! :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
ghoulfrenzy said:
Thanks Al! :D

... That ... Was disturbing! That was the first time anyone has called me Al...ROFL!

Rep for being all :cool: like that ;)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
yeah being a hsted mapper would be cool, but i think i would have to get done with the first alpha test for this to be counted as a actual "map". anyway TH will say when its ready. and ghoul go ahead and make a creep list, im not sure excatly what you mean cause 've never made creeps before, but like i said anyhing you can do now while he terrainers are working their magic is good so we dont have to wait for a long time to get stuff done (*cough*like in TH.netmap *cough* ;) ). and dont call me boss, i prefer to be called "Almighty Lord of the Fools!"...and make sure you put in the ! even if its in the middle of a sentence :D :p ;) :shades:

(btw i was kidding at the end there :nuts: )

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Wow thanks.....Al..... :D

I don't get it. Are you upset, joyful, or any other emotions?

-Ghoulfrenzy

DM Cross

Reaction score
So, Almighty Lord of the Fools!, where are MY ANSWERS?! DAMN IT?! ;)

ghoulfrenzy said:
Wow thanks.....Al..... :D

I don't get it. Are you upset, joyful, or any other emotions?

-Ghoulfrenzy

I'm Alexander :) Leave it at that. It's a riddle that should take you a few years, to start you off.

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Sorry to double post moderators out there but this is off-topic to my last post.

Agent, I would need specifics on what creeps you want in this map and also how powerful you would want them to be with what abilities. I can't just go do this by myself I need a task.

-Ghoulfrenzy

EDIT- Guess this isn't a double post. Al....oops I'm sorry "Sir" Alexander the Great, the III has made a post before I completed mine.

T

TOC_Cid

Ghoul, im interested in doing the snowy type creeps for now, so what kind are you going to make?

I have about 7 or 8 creeps all rdy done. I also wanted to know paper, how big is this map going to be? like pixel wise. Just wondering so i don't go creep crzy and make triple the amount we need :D

G

Ghoulfrenzy

Like I said before, I need a list of creep you want to see in the map.

-Ghoulfrenzy

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
ah i see what you mean. ok well the creeps will be matching to each of the different types of area, like forest and plains and icey wastes...there will be magic and multiple races so almost anything goes. and note that some enemies will be wandereing and some will be neutral until attacked or just plain hostile. and as for difficulty, it will be easy at lower levels, then get harder and harder as it goes, like a reverse of how the levels make you better (a little better each lvl at first, then more and more stats per lvl as it goes up) this way the players skill level will have to go up a bunch when he gets to the later levels to balance it out. feel free to set the stats, just dont make anything differ too much (i dont want it to start with 10 at lvl one then go all the way up to 100,000 at higher levels)

edit- the size will be largest, 256x256

Sargon

Reaction score
Just so you know, that can describe the creeps for any RPG map ever made.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well the creeps wont be that different from other rpgs...just make the first ones smaller then gradually get bigger and near the end make them real big with magic effects and stuff. if anyone has a request for a creep (or anything else, we're open to ideas) then just post it.

T

TOC_Cid

I dont know how strong i should make the creeps in the beginning, like what are hero stats if youve thought of them yet? Like are the stats low numbers like 2- 6 or are they normal like a melee map 20- 40

G

Ghoulfrenzy

What examples of creeps do you want in the forest area? Furbolgs? Wildkins? Bears?
Yes, ToC has a good question there. How powerful should these early creeps be? Give a damage and hp ballpark....

-Ghoulfrenzy

T

TOC_Cid

I myself dont know excatly how i want everything, so its more of a team, and im just the organizer. so if you don't agree with me I will listen to you and consider it, not order you to obey me .

Just make a bunch of creeps and play around, and submit em n see if he likes em. As a creep maker you need to be free! Let the creep spirits flow through your mind! LET THEM DANCE.

....... sorry, got a little insane there... yeah...

paper, can I color spoof the names and text explanations for the creeps and creep abilities?

Sargon

Reaction score
You see, Agent, the problem with the guidelines you've given your creep-makers is that they could just make them all sheep, just different sizes and with some magical effects, and it'd follow your guidelines. Now, if your map was called "Exterminate the killer sheep" that'd work, but it's not.

T

TOC_Cid

You shouldnt under estimate dedicated creep makers. I have made a variety of things like zombies, jungle beasts, arachinids. So i don't just only make sheep with different sizes....

P.S. Creep anmes above are not the actual names of the creeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.