Virus Concerns

Valkyrie

Reaction score
Well it was my bad but i was dling some music and one file once i opened it my anti-virus was going poping up and closing but for some reason it did not destroy the virus. (I'm on my mums laptop) Then all of a sudden the shutdown thing was initalized (a lil screen that pops up and gives you a time limit until the compuer shutsdown/resets) which i know you can stop, but i forgot how. Then the comp restarted and it's 1995 verson i think (classic) and not xp, i cannot access the net from my main computer, nor open lots of programs. Currenlty i am scanning the computer. If anyone can help asap, that would be great. Though i doubt it for some reason. I am fairly pissed off with myself and McAfee.. Does anyone know the name of this Virus?

Cheers Valkyrie

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I would recommend booting in safe mode and then scanning from there.

Also I would recommend getting the free version of AVG or (what I'm running now which is excellent, though it costs money) ESET Smart Security.

If that doesn't work I don't know where to go from there, but I'm sure someone else on these forums knows.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Grab Avast, it can do a boot-time scan. AKA should catch ANYTHING.

Valkyrie

Reaction score
Kk found out what it is; USING WINDOWS DEFENDER; a Trojan and a Backdoor. Can't remove them cos some error appears "the code 0x something or rather.. So it cannot destory it" System Restores does not work, so if anyone can yell out something to destroy it do so. I plan on Reinstalling Windows at the cost of pretty much everything in a few days or so. And i shall try what you said Whitesock.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
removing a virus/trojan/worm under while using a MS product is almost impossible.
format and start from scatch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.