WC3 Monopoly

Any normal format will be fine, but it would be best if you could give it to me as a photoshop file so that I can throw text in there. I want to change the text from what it is now.

Just Joining the Coversation?

For anyone just joing us here's what you've missed.
I got chance cards done by pineapple, anything. re-terrained my map, demonspawn got me sound, and I'm still looking for ideas, suggestion or help on my problems. And right now were talking about minigames for monopoly and demonspawn is going to help with a loading srceen or not :( . Well you can help with the loading screen. :D
There now your caught up and you can post about these things.

Nvm I sux as an artist, Or at least my Full Version of Photoshop CS :(

Anything else you need help wif? (Becides Art ((Modeling, Loading Screen)))

Triggers? Squirrels? Penguins?

Not really I've got almost everything covered. But I am goin to have a menu that appers when you hit esc for camera angles and other goddies. What I need to know is how to make it appear? I think I might be right, is it player skips cinematic? Also if anyone has ever player Peppers Chess and knows how to make the camera angle change by using the arrow keys that would be great. :D
Probobly in JASS.

Oh right, I forgot to tell you. That floating text of yours is kind of broken. It moves with the screen and some of them aren't even in the correct area.

The cinematic is sort of messed up because in Cinematic mode, all the boundaries are hidden, so it doesn't look right when all that floating text... Well... Floats. Also in some parts, all the text from one part stacks on top of eachother.

You also have to relabel the places since I renamed some of them and also, you need to fix the top row's Glowing Runes, I messed them up a bit, they are too low ;)

I can do the "Goodies" menu and fix up your floating text up for you.

Just give me a list of what needs to go on the "Goodies" menu and i'll add the features for you.

And i'll try to fix what I see wrong with the floating text (If anything)

Yup, I've already fixed those things. The text doesn't move nearly asmuch when the unit it is over is not a hovering unit 10000 feet below the ground. Also I made the glowing runes better and made the go all the way around the square beceause when I spread the units and doodads out it was hard to see some of the runes, but it is all better now and looks great! TY for the great job you did. I will probobly tommorw post new screen shots on my site of the new spaces. :D

I'm off guys, I'll return to this discussion on thursday at some time

Tisk Tisk, today is wednesday. JK :D
Um can you do 2D and/or 3D grapics and junk?

:banghead: I was just working on the map and all of a sudden the computer froze up. I forget how long ago I saved. What I had done was touch ups on the terrain, mostly the chance spaces. And a little triggering for the multiboards. I've been working for about an hour. Unfortunately this might be the death of warcraft for me for a few weeks if I'm unlucky :( . The computer has had many problems and is the only computer with WC3 on it, and I can't put it on my others with my disc beceause it has a huge crack in it. If this computer crashes I will have to wait for Blizzard to send me a new one. :( . Might take awhile.

A lone suggestion:
You can set regions and make units work inside them in order to have profits :D (like proffessions, I mean)
And making toll posts is good, too ;)

A lone suggestion:
You can set regions and make units work inside them in order to have profits (like proffessions, I mean)
And making toll posts is good, too

I think that was metioned before, but it is slightly compicated.
"toll posts"?

Set auto-save for every 20 minutes or so, just to be safe. I don't mind the pop-up so much, and it won't save unless you're on the main editor (not the trig / obj / imp).

Ya I have that on for 30 min, but I have no idea when it saved. Trying out the computer today, god I think it hates me, it was possesed and randomly turned itself on before. :eek:

Next to nothing saved :(
Oh well, I've had worse happen.

Did you test recently before the crash? load up that map, from /maps/test/...
Surferkid993 said:
Tisk Tisk, today is wednesday. JK :D
lol, things happened, so what can i do inside the editor?

Well what do you want to do, I will give you my map and you can do anything that will help. I can't use WC3 for probobly a week, until my disc gets sent to blizzard and sent back. :(

I'm just checking in for see how far you are... So how far are you? 50%? (lol)

EDIT: Can I get a copy of the map? Just so I can begin the AI... Thank you :).

EDIT 2: Pm me with the map.

ummm theres already a w3 monopoly map but its really glitchty (i dont blame the person who created it coz its gotta be hard to create that kinda map). anyways urs sounds cool. good luck!

You could just use a cd-hack in the mean while..

No crack talk allowed on this fourm, even though if I did it, it would be legal.
-nuff said

I'm just checking in for see how far you are... So how far are you? 50%? (lol)

EDIT: Can I get a copy of the map? Just so I can begin the AI... Thank you .

EDIT 2: Pm me with the map.

Anywere from 40%-60%, depending on how much else will change.
Email address?
What you said

N2o).
what do you plan to do?

ummm theres already a w3 monopoly map but its really glitchty (i dont blame the person who created it coz its gotta be hard to create that kinda map). anyways urs sounds cool. good luck!

Many people have alredy told me this, and I knew soon after starting this map, yes it was very buggy and I lost interest fast, so I plan to do things to keep people attention. :D

Just Joining the Coversation?

For anyone just joing us here's what you've missed.
I got chance cards done by pineapple, anything. re-terrained my map, demonspawn got me sound, and I'm still looking for ideas, suggestion or help on my problems.
Minigames for monopoly?
Loading screen. (Link is on my site)
I'm having problems working on the map beceause my disc broke. :(
There now your caught up and you can post about these things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.