Weapon ability ideas needed

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Ok so in the map that I and my friend are making the items represents weapons. If I pick up a bow then I actually become ranged and wear that specific bow in my hand. There will be a lot of weapons to choose from, and each weapon will have it's own unique ability that is added to the hero.

Weapon types used:
Two handed - (Swords, maces, staffs etc)
One handed - (Swords, shields, daggers etc)
Bows - (Nothing to explain here really.)

Please post your ability ideas that would fit either of these types of weapons. =) I will code the spells myself and give credit to you for your idea if I use it.

Please follow this example when posting:
Weapon type: Two handed
Ability name: Mocking blow
Ability Description: Strikes the target and all around it for x damage + y*str

Edit:
Remember, the ability doesn't have to be passive.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Type: Single Hand Sword
Name: Crusaders Sword (Or any other holy sword name you come up with, I'm not good at that part)
Ability: When attacking, gives a chance that the holder of the item will be healed by Holy light or the enemy will be damaged by Holy Light

kirinelf

Reaction score
Weapon Type: Two Handed Sword
Name: Excalibur
Ability Name: Blessing of the Lady
Ability Description: 'I am Excalibur, the blade of Arthur. I am the King of Swords, as he is the King of Kings.' These are the words engraved onto the mighty blade of King Arthur, the legendary holy sword Excalibur. Every strike that the blade gives heals its user by 30% of the damage done, and it has a 20% chance of firing out a wave of intense light that damages all enemies it hits for (Str + Agi + Int)*2 damage.

Weapon Type: One Handed Dagger
Weapon Name: Seven Nights
Ability Name: Line of Death
Ability Description: Every strike has a 10% chance of instantly killing the enemy, whether or not the target is a Hero. However, it reduces the user's damage to 1/10 of its usual value.

Weapon Type: Bow
Weapon Name: Seeker
Ability Name: No Limits
Ability Description: The bow's range is 9999.00, however only one arrow can be in the air at any given time.

These help?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Type: Single Hand Sword
Name: Crusaders Sword (Or any other holy sword name you come up with, I'm not good at that part)
Ability: When attacking, gives a chance that the holder of the item will be healed by Holy light or the enemy will be damaged by Holy Light
Added.

Name: Excalibur
Ability Name: Blessing of the Lady
Ability Description: 'I am Excalibur, the blade of Arthur. I am the King of Swords, as he is the King of Kings.' These are the words engraved onto the mighty blade of King Arthur, the legendary holy sword Excalibur. Every strike that the blade gives heals its user by 30% of the damage done, and it has a 20% chance of firing out a wave of intense light that damages all enemies it hits for (Str + Agi + Int)*2 damage.
Added.

Weapon Type: One Handed Dagger
Weapon Name: Seven Nights
Ability Name: Line of Death
Ability Description: Every strike has a 10% chance of instantly killing the enemy, whether or not the target is a Hero. However, it reduces the user's damage to 1/10 of its usual value.
A bit too powerful to instantly kill the target, don't you think? =/

Weapon Name: Seeker
Ability Name: No Limits
Ability Description: The bow's range is 9999.00, however only one arrow can be in the air at any given time.
Sorry but I dislike the idea. =/

Thank you for your posts, please post more if you come up with anything else. =)

kirinelf

Reaction score
A bit too powerful to instantly kill the target, don't you think? =/

What it does is reduce your damage to one tenth of its usual strength. So if you normally do 100 damage, with this weapon you'll do only 10 damage. However, every attack has a 10% chance of killing the target instantly. If you want, lower that to about 5% or even 1%. You're exchanging potential damage output (With a high attack weapon) with more chances of insta-killing (Hit more times since each hit does less damage). But keep in mind that the enemy has a higher chance of killing you before you can kill him first. If you're lucky and hit that 10% with the first few strikes, then you can laugh. A low level character can kill a higher level character, leveling up enough to use a more normal weapon. Basically, a gamble weapon.

Weapon Type: Two Handed Staff
Weapon Name: Dividing Cudgel
Ability Name: Split
Ability Description: The weapon splits into a tri-sectional staff every now and again. Every third attack with the Dividing Cudgel hits all enemies close to it (Basically a 100% damage Cleaving Strike that activates every third attack).

Weapon Type: One Handed Shield
Weapon Name: Pokey the Poking Shield
Ability Name: Poke
Ability Description: Every enemy attacking the holder of this shield has a 1-% chance of being knocked back 300 units. Yes, that shield just poked you.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Weapon type: Two handed Sword
Ability name: Slice N Dice
Ability Description:The hero charge the enemy and slices through it from each direction dealing Str+X dmg and causing an open wound that deal damage over 6sec

basically animation wise your hero would passes/charge through the enemy from the right and slice again back from the left then slice coming from top to down and vice versa

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Weapon Type: Single-handed Sword
Weapon Type: Two-handed sword
Weapon Name: Lichlord's Blade
Ability Description: The evil arcane powers of this blade cut not through the flesh, but through the soul of the enemy. Each blow that the hero deals with this blade will slow all actions of the target by n% and will burn n mana instead of doing ordinary combat damate. The wielder also has a n% chance to temporarily disable the victim's ability to cast all magic*.

*read - give a "Silence" buff

Item Type: n-handed Sword
Item Name: Hellfire Spike
Ability Description: Forged in the infernal flames of the burning hells, the steel of this amazing sword is still infused with them. It will allow the hero's attacks to burn the foe with these hellfires, dealing [additional DoT] to the victim.
[sort of giving the enemy the "Phoenix fire" buff. Maybe modified into a custom buff called "Hellfire"]

Item Type: Sword
Item Name: Sword of the Winter Dawn
Ability Description: This sword has been forged not with fire, but with magic and its blade has stayed ever cold and cruel. It gives the hero n bonus damage, slows down the enemy, and enables the hero to cast Frost Nova.

Item Type: Shield
Item Name: Aegis of the Helpless
Ability Description: Used only by those who have sworn to protect the weaker and less fortunate, this shield's powers allow one to bind his fate with that of another creature or hero and share harm. [read - spirit link]. It also reduces damage done to the wielder by n%.

Item Type: ---
Item Name: Talisman of Wisdom
Ability Description: An arcane pendant that is rumored to turn the wearer to thoughtful reflection and contemplation. Increases the mana by N and triples mana regeneration, but reduces the wearer's movement speed by n%.

Item Name: Oblivion Cube
Ability Description: An archmage masterpiece in magical construction, this tiny cube is used to stun and burn the mana of all units around it. It works by being put on the ground, where it becomes invisible [so far = Goblin land mine with a mana cost for placing]. When a creature approaches the cube, it will activate and release its charge of reversed polarized mana, harming everything around it in the specified way. After that, it is safe to pick up and use again [get an item, place a land mine, then receive another copy of that item via triggers at the position of the land mine].

P.s. No really, which player will care how the abilities are called ;)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Weapon type: Two Handed
Weapon name: Arcane Staff
Ability name: Arcane Sphere (active)
Ability Description: Shoots a ball of energy in front of the caster dealing X + intelligence damage to the first enemy unit that gets hit and deals half of it to his mana. The ball will explode on impact with the unit slowing nearby enemy units by 50% for 3 seconds.

Weapon type: One Handed
Weapon name: Storm Shield
Ability name: Counter Lightning (passive)
Ability Description: Gives a 20% chance to block physical damage and reflect it as magic damage to a random enemy unit in a 500 AoE, striking him with lightning.

imakunee

Reaction score
Name: The Reaper's Scythe
Type: Two-Handed Scythe
Flavor Text: Holding the scythe of the Reaper of Souls itself drains the life from the living around it. Each swing tears not flesh but the very soul of its target. And each soul absorbed by the scythe works for it, an everlasting torrent of souls chained to Earth by the blades existence lashing their pain at whoever is near.

Ability: A few ways I'd go with this.
1. Constant aoe damage based on how many souls have been absorbed. A little powerful but if it's in small enough increments it might be manageable.
2. Have a chance on timer that a soul trapped inside will jump out and attack an enemy. This reduces the number of trapped souls by one. The chance increases the more souls there are trapped in the blade but the damage may remain the same.
3. Whatever sounds good to you.

Any way you go it'd be cool if it was set up so if the wielder dies then a bunch of souls fly out from the spot the wielder died at equivalent to how man souls were trapped and the number of souls trapped resets to 0. Also might want to modify the flavor text for whatever way you want to go with it. That text is set up for both of my suggestions for the ability.

Name: Elemental Bow
Type: Two-Handed Bow
Flavor Text: Even the elements of nature themselves must bow down to this bow. This bow comes with four arrows, each having elementals of nature locked inside.

Ability: Each attack switches between one of four elements: fire, ice, wind, lightning. Fire causes an explosion or dot damage or both or whatever you want. Ice can cause slowing, freezing, a frost nova, a mini-blizzard. Wind can slow, create a tornado, knock up into the air, pushback, area without oxygen damaging units over time. Lightning can cause major damage, stun, knockback, chain lightning (using lightning arrows instead of the chain lightning animation, or the normal animation or whatever). Maybe even add elements of your own such as light, dealing extra damage to undead or only fires when you target an ally and heals them, or dark, slows or extra damage or aoe damage or makes a black hole or converts target to ally or raises undead minions, or whatever. There are a lot of ways you can go with this. Even elements like cosmic, literal nature, earth, or mechanical. Have fun with it.

Also, you could design it that arrows of elements are fired on chance between just normal arrows. Or if units get to attack fast, the unit has to wait for the arrow to pull itself out of the unit and return, or kill the unit and go pick the arrows back up. Or maybe even both chance and need to get arrows back.
As I said, use the possibilities and it could end up really awesome.

Maybe add a just for laughs weapon like:
Name: Scary Terry the Teddy Bear
Type: Set It Down and Watch
Flavor Text: No one can help themselves when they see Terry. He's just too scary. After all, who isn't scared of a Scary Terry Teddy Bear? Don't understand? Just set him down and watch.

Ability: When you set down Terry a tiny furbolg appears and picks you up. Terry runs around attacking random nearby enemies by swinging you like a mace.

If I saw this in a game I would laugh till I cried and instantly put it in my favorites list. It would be awesome. But that's just my opinion. :D

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Weapon type: One Handed - Shield
Ability name: Shield Slam
Slams the shield into the target knocking it back by 300 units, stunning for 3 seconds and dealing 3*str damage.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Edit: Whoa! Long post. ^^

Code:
Weapon Type: Two Handed Staff
Weapon Name: Dividing Cudgel
Ability Name: Split
Ability Description: The weapon splits into a tri-sectional staff every now and again. Every third attack with the Dividing Cudgel hits all enemies close to it (Basically a 100% damage Cleaving Strike that activates every third attack).
I think I will use this for an axe or a two handed sword, thank you for the idea. Added. :)

Code:
Weapon Type: One Handed Shield
Weapon Name: Pokey the Poking Shield
Ability Name: Poke
Ability Description: Every enemy attacking the holder of this shield has a 1-% chance of being knocked back 300 units. Yes, that shield just poked you.
It's a fun and good idea, added.

Code:
Ability Description:The hero charge the enemy and slices through it from each direction dealing Str+X dmg and causing an open wound that deal damage over 6sec
So basically it's a normal charge? Or how do you mean with "from ach direction"?

Code:
Weapon Type: Single-handed Sword
Weapon Type: Two-handed sword
Weapon Name: Lichlord's Blade
Ability Description: The evil arcane powers of this blade cut not through the flesh, but through the soul of the enemy. Each blow that the hero deals with this blade will slow all actions of the target by n% and will burn n mana instead of doing ordinary combat damate. The wielder also has a n% chance to temporarily disable the victim's ability to cast all magic*.
Sounds neat, this will be on of the stronger weapons in the game. Added. :)

Code:
Item Type: n-handed Sword
Item Name: Hellfire Spike
Ability Description: Forged in the infernal flames of the burning hells, the steel of this amazing sword is still infused with them. It will allow the hero's attacks to burn the foe with these hellfires, dealing [additional DoT] to the victim.
[sort of giving the enemy the "Phoenix fire" buff. Maybe modified into a custom buff called "Hellfire"]
Sounds nice, might modify it a bit though so it has an active ability as well which will increase the damage of the sword against that target even further or something. Added.

Code:
Item Type: Sword
Item Name: Sword of the Winter Dawn
Ability Description: This sword has been forged not with fire, but with magic and its blade has stayed ever cold and cruel. It gives the hero n bonus damage, slows down the enemy, and enables the hero to cast Frost Nova.
Sounds neat. Added.

Code:
Item Type: Shield
Item Name: Aegis of the Helpless
Ability Description: Used only by those who have sworn to protect the weaker and less fortunate, this shield's powers allow one to bind his fate with that of another creature or hero and share harm. [read - spirit link]. It also reduces damage done to the wielder by n%.
Sounds awesome, would fit nicely for a tank like hero to protect his fellow players. Added.

Code:
Item Type: ---
Item Name: Talisman of Wisdom
Ability Description: An arcane pendant that is rumored to turn the wearer to thoughtful reflection and contemplation. Increases the mana by N and triples mana regeneration, but reduces the wearer's movement speed by n%.
Not a weapon but a good item idea, might use it.

Code:
Item Name: Oblivion Cube
Ability Description: An archmage masterpiece in magical construction, this tiny cube is used to stun and burn the mana of all units around it. It works by being put on the ground, where it becomes invisible [so far = Goblin land mine with a mana cost for placing]. When a creature approaches the cube, it will activate and release its charge of reversed polarized mana, harming everything around it in the specified way. After that, it is safe to pick up and use again [get an item, place a land mine, then receive another copy of that item via triggers at the position of the land mine].
Another good item idea, might use it.

Code:
Weapon type: Two Handed
Weapon name: Arcane Staff
Ability name: Arcane Sphere (active)
Ability Description: Shoots a ball of energy in front of the caster dealing X + intelligence damage to the first enemy unit that gets hit and deals half of it to his mana. The ball will explode on impact with the unit slowing nearby enemy units by 50% for 3 seconds.
A good idea, might give the energy ball a knockback effect. Added.

Code:
Weapon type: One Handed
Weapon name: Storm Shield
Ability name: Counter Lightning (passive)
Ability Description: Gives a 20% chance to block physical damage and reflect it as magic damage to a random enemy unit in a 500 AoE, striking him with lightning.
I love this idea, added! :)

Code:
Name: The Reaper's Scythe
Type: Two-Handed Scythe
Flavor Text: Holding the scythe of the Reaper of Souls itself drains the life from the living around it. Each swing tears not flesh but the very soul of its target. And each soul absorbed by the scythe works for it, an everlasting torrent of souls chained to Earth by the blades existence lashing their pain at whoever is near.
A good idea, I will add some abilities that will be usable depending on how many souls you have gathered. Added.

Code:
Name: Elemental Bow
Type: Two-Handed Bow
Flavor Text: Even the elements of nature themselves must bow down to this bow. This bow comes with four arrows, each having elementals of nature locked inside.
A terrific idea, added. :)

Code:
Name: Scary Terry the Teddy Bear
Type: Set It Down and Watch
Flavor Text: No one can help themselves when they see Terry. He's just too scary. After all, who isn't scared of a Scary Terry Teddy Bear? Don't understand? Just set him down and watch.

Ability: When you set down Terry a tiny furbolg appears and picks you up. Terry runs around attacking random nearby enemies by swinging you like a mace.
Made me laugh when I read this. ^^ It gave me an idea of a boss entrance, I will give credits to you if I use it. :)

Code:
Weapon type: One Handed - Shield
Ability name: Shield Slam
Slams the shield into the target knocking it back by 300 units, stunning for 3 seconds and dealing 3*str damage.
A good idea, added.

Thanks to all for all of the great ideas, please, post more if anything comes to your mind! :D
Got a lot of swords now, variations would be apriciated. :)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I'm about to go to bed so I'll just post a quick idea.

Fury of the Horde (2-hand axe) (I suck at making spell names)
the (insert hero name here) goes into a fury breaking into 3 illusions, illusions and caster then bladestorm.

EDIT: got another idea

I don't have a name (shield)
the (hero) has a 10% chance to knockback all units in front of it when hit by a melee ability. Also occurs when a unit dodges the (hero)'s attack.

kirinelf

Reaction score
Type: One Handed Dagger
Name: Dragon Fang
Description: Crudely torn from the lifeless jaws of a great dragon, the fang still holds many of the mystical forces that empower one of the greatest creatures known to the four races.
Ability Name: Blaze Strike
Ability Description: The wielder of the fang is enshrouded in the dragon's flame. It deals 5 damage per second to the wielder and 50 damage per second to surrounding enemies, and raises the wielder's attack speed to maximum as well as adding +35 fire elemental damage.

Sunchips

Reaction score
Type: Single-Hand Sword
Name: Sword of Wisdom (or something intellect/mana-relative name :p)
Ability: Idea 1: (Passive) Chance to replenish mana on attack.
Idea 2: (Passive) Every attack increases an integer by 1 and when it reach 10 make some kind of glow on the weapon and next strike will replenish the attacker's mana and decrease the mana of nearby enemy units. =)

Edit: Another Idea

Type: Two-Hand Sword
Name: Wind Blade (or something that tells you the blade is really swift.)
Ability: (Passive)Attacking one single target is benefitting when using this sword as it increases attacks speed for each hit (stacking up to 5 or so) against that target. The speed is restarted to normal if the wielder attacks a different target.

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Weapon type: 1-Handed Fist Weapon
Ability Type: Passive
Ability name: Bloodthirsty Brawling
Ability Description: This light, yet powerful, glove allows the user to attack 25% faster and gives a 10% chance to land a critical hit, dealing double damage.

Weapon type: 2-Handed Polearm
Ability Type: Active
Ability name: Spear Shock
Ability Description: When activated, the spear is temporarily charged with uncontrollable bursts of electricity which repeatedly deals damage equal to the wielder's agility every second to all enemies within melee distance. Lasts 10 seconds.

Weapon type: Ranged Thrown
Ability name: Envenomed Throwing Knives
Ability Description: Each knife thrown is enhanced with poison, causing the target to lose health equal to the thrower's agility over 10 seconds.

Weapon type: Ranged Gun
Ability name: Incinerating Shot
Ability Description: Rigs user's next shot to explode upon impact of the target. Does half the user's strength plus agility in fire damage initially and burns for the other half of the fire damage over 6 seconds.

Weapon type: 2-Handed Staff
Ability name: Arcane Touch
Ability Description: Every melee hit with the staff has a 5% chance to release enough force to push back the target, dealing half of the wielder's intelligence in bonus damage.
Ability name: Frost Nova
Ability Description: Freezes the ground as well as any foes around the caster for 5 seconds, preventing any movement for affected foes and well as dealing the caster's intelligence in cold damage to affected foes. Requires a frost gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
Ability name: Shock Storm
Ability Description: Conjures a lightning storm around the caster, dealing the caster's intelligence in lightning damage to any foe in the area that gets struck by lightning bolts. Storm lasts 12 seconds. Requires a lightning gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
Ability name: Fire Wall
Ability Description: Creates a wall of inferno in the target area, facing away from the caster. Anything unfriendly that gets too close to the flames are immediately burned for fire damage equal to the caster's intelligence over 6 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds. Requires a fire gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
Ability name: Summon Golem
Ability Description: Summons a Golem from the ground. Deals damage based on summoner's intelligence and is immune to spells. Lasts 30 seconds. Requires an earth gem in the socket for this ability to become available.

kirinelf

Reaction score
Type: Shield
Name: All the World's Sins
Ability Name: Sin's Cross
Ability Description: Takes all the punishment of nearby allies in a 1000 AoE. This means that the wielder of this shield will take more damage for every allied unit in the AoE. Perfect for tanking if you have a dedicated healer, life steal and is strength based.

Type: Shield
Name: Taunting Shield
Ability Name: Up Yours
Ability Description: Pisses off all enemies in a 1000 AoE. This will make them all attack the wielder of this shield. Again a perfect tanking item, this has the advantage of keeping their attention on you at all times. This means that even if you're already completely surrounded by melee attackers, melee warriors will still try and attack you, when only ranged fighters can hit you. It also makes them cluster around you, perfect for massive AoEs.

Razalgrim

Reaction score

Name: Pain

Ability Name: Arrows of Aggonar

Ability Description: There is an X chance per attack that the demon residing in the bow will unleash a barrage of unholy arrows. These missiles explode upon contact, splashing vicious poison on everything within the skill's area of effect. Reduces armor and deals damage over time.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Edit: Whoa! Long post. ^^
Code:
So basically it's a normal charge? Or how do you mean with "from ach direction"?
this picture should explain what I meant
http://img186.imageshack.us/i/slashg.jpg/

reyghost

Reaction score
Woaa i read all so that i do not repeat ideas^^.
There are a lot of really awesome abilities,ill focus on giving some low-level ones therefore nice and simple.(my poor knowledge doesnt let me any more :p)

Weapon type:One hand shield.
Weapon name:Elemental shield(for example,obviously use name u prefer)
Weapon ablity:Elemental counter
there is a X% chance when attacked that the magic shield will counter the enemy strike with elements,as,fire,ice,lighting(add as many as u find nice),whereas fire counter consists of a fireblast that brief stuns and deals dot on enemy;the ice counter a freezing nova slowing enemy's attack and movement speed;and the electric one being a lighting bolt coming from skies wich electroshocks the enemy,paralising him and letting him slowly recover attack speed movespeed and ability to cast spells(a simple purge).

Note:I made this ability for a custom hero i made, the elemnetal mage and gives really nice results,despite being so simple.

Weapon type:2 handed mace.
Weapon name:Doom Hammer,"The Doomer"
Weapon ability:Gives huge damage bonus,slow in att speed,and inflicts the burning desire on wielder giving him -5 hp/sec reg.However it has a chance that it will doom those who oppose to him silencing them, lowering they're physical and magical defenses as well as damage and reverting they're hp and mana regenation untill they die consumed by flames of hell(maybe add an aoe damage when unit dies like incinerate spell or units close to them dying one prey of fear and run desperatley, like wow's Fear).

Weapon type:eek:ne hand sword
Weapon name:Chilling blade
Weapon ability:%chance on attack to freeze the enemy on ice cube.(entangling roots with ice cube gaphic,maybe also add pause/unpause for more realism really nice effects )
Easy weapon for low level instances or as first-bosses killing reward

Hope I helped. :)

Warchild-NC

Reaction score
Weapon type: Two handed or 1 handed Sword
Ability name: Killing Blow
Ability Description: Killing Blow has a 30% chance to Kill the Target instantly IF the targets heath is below 30%

Weapon type: Dagger
Ability name:Stealing Stabs
Ability Description: Stealing Stabs has a 10% chance to steal 1 gold per attack.

Weapon Type:Bow
Ability name: Spliting Arrow
Ability Description: Arrow is shot with such force that apon hitting the first target the arrow splits and hits 2 other targets, but doing less damage each time.

Weapon type: 1 hand sword
Ability name: Adrenaline Rush
Ability Description: When the user of this swords heath drops below 10% adenaline rush kicks in and every blow that lands does double damage.

If these have already been posted then sorry i didnt take the time to read them all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.