Weapon ability ideas needed

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Warning! Extremely long post! ^^

Fury of the Horde (2-hand axe) (I suck at making spell names)
the (insert hero name here) goes into a fury breaking into 3 illusions, illusions and caster then bladestorm.
So you create 3 illusions, and all of these 3 + the caster uses bladestorm?

I don't have a name (shield)
the (hero) has a 10% chance to knockback all units in front of it when hit by a melee ability. Also occurs when a unit dodges the (hero)'s attack.
People really like knockbacking enemies with shields ey? :) A good idea, will use it.

Type: One Handed Dagger
Name: Dragon Fang
Description: Crudely torn from the lifeless jaws of a great dragon, the fang still holds many of the mystical forces that empower one of the greatest creatures known to the four races.
Ability Name: Blaze Strike
Ability Description: The wielder of the fang is enshrouded in the dragon's flame. It deals 5 damage per second to the wielder and 50 damage per second to surrounding enemies, and raises the wielder's attack speed to maximum as well as adding +35 fire elemental damage.
Sorry but it will be too dangerous to use it if you loose health over time. I love the tooltip and idea of it, if it were to be modified a bit I would use it. I might think of an active ability myself and still use the name and tooltip, if I do I will give you credits.

Type: Single-Hand Sword
Name: Sword of Wisdom (or something intellect/mana-relative name :p)
Ability: Idea 1: (Passive) Chance to replenish mana on attack.
Idea 2: (Passive) Every attack increases an integer by 1 and when it reach 10 make some kind of glow on the weapon and next strike will replenish the attacker's mana and decrease the mana of nearby enemy units. =)
I like the idea of it, might modify it a bit but I will give you credits for it.

Type: Two-Hand Sword
Name: Wind Blade (or something that tells you the blade is really swift.)
Ability: (Passive)Attacking one single target is benefitting when using this sword as it increases attacks speed for each hit (stacking up to 5 or so) against that target. The speed is restarted to normal if the wielder attacks a different target.
Might use it, if I do I will give you credits.

Weapon type: 1-Handed Fist Weapon
Ability Type: Passive
Ability name: Bloodthirsty Brawling
Ability Description: This light, yet powerful, glove allows the user to attack 25% faster and gives a 10% chance to land a critical hit, dealing double damage.
A good idea, might use it. If I do I will give credits of course.

Weapon type: 2-Handed Polearm
Ability Type: Active
Ability name: Spear Shock
Ability Description: When activated, the spear is temporarily charged with uncontrollable bursts of electricity which repeatedly deals damage equal to the wielder's agility every second to all enemies within melee distance. Lasts 10 seconds.
A good idea, will use it.

Weapon type: Ranged Thrown
Ability name: Envenomed Throwing Knives
Ability Description: Each knife thrown is enhanced with poison, causing the target to lose health equal to the thrower's agility over 10 seconds.
Only bows can be used as ranged for the sake of the units animations. However this would fit for a bow as well. Might use it.

Weapon type: Ranged Gun
Ability name: Incinerating Shot
Ability Description: Rigs user's next shot to explode upon impact of the target. Does half the user's strength plus agility in fire damage initially and burns for the other half of the fire damage over 6 seconds.
Same here, only bows. But it's a good idea and still works with a bow, I will use it.

Weapon type: 2-Handed Staff
Ability name: Arcane Touch
Ability Description: Every melee hit with the staff has a 5% chance to release enough force to push back the target, dealing half of the wielder's intelligence in bonus damage.
A good idea, will use it.

Ability name: Frost Nova
Ability Description: Freezes the ground as well as any foes around the caster for 5 seconds, preventing any movement for affected foes and well as dealing the caster's intelligence in cold damage to affected foes. Requires a frost gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
Dunno about the socket part, but the idea is good and I will use it for a staff.

Ability name: Shock Storm
Ability Description: Conjures a lightning storm around the caster, dealing the caster's intelligence in lightning damage to any foe in the area that gets struck by lightning bolts. Storm lasts 12 seconds. Requires a lightning gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
Same here about the socket, but I will use it for a staff.

Ability name: Fire Wall
Ability Description: Creates a wall of inferno in the target area, facing away from the caster. Anything unfriendly that gets too close to the flames are immediately burned for fire damage equal to the caster's intelligence over 6 seconds. Lasts 10 seconds. Requires a fire gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
A good idea, will use this for a staff.

Ability name: Summon Golem
Ability Description: Summons a Golem from the ground. Deals damage based on summoner's intelligence and is immune to spells. Lasts 30 seconds. Requires an earth gem in the socket for this ability to become available.
Might use this for a staff, will give credits if I do.

Type: Shield
Name: All the World's Sins
Ability Name: Sin's Cross
Ability Description: Takes all the punishment of nearby allies in a 1000 AoE. This means that the wielder of this shield will take more damage for every allied unit in the AoE. Perfect for tanking if you have a dedicated healer, life steal and is strength based.
So basically the one who wields this shield will take all damage instead of it's nearby allies? Or just part of the damage?

Type: Shield
Name: Taunting Shield
Ability Name: Up Yours
Ability Description: Pisses off all enemies in a 1000 AoE. This will make them all attack the wielder of this shield. Again a perfect tanking item, this has the advantage of keeping their attention on you at all times. This means that even if you're already completely surrounded by melee attackers, melee warriors will still try and attack you, when only ranged fighters can hit you. It also makes them cluster around you, perfect for massive AoEs.
A fine idea, I will probably use it.

Weapon Type: Bow
Name: Pain
Ability Name: Arrows of Aggonar
Ability Description: There is an X chance per attack that the demon residing in the bow will unleash a barrage of unholy arrows. These missiles explode upon contact, splashing vicious poison on everything within the skill's area of effect. Reduces armor and deals damage over time.
A good idea, I will definitely use it!

this picture should explain what I meant
http://img186.imageshack.us/i/slashg.jpg/
Oh I understand what you mean now, have seen somewhat similar attack before, but that was in a spell pack and not in a map. A good idea, will use it for one of the stronger weapons.

Weapon type:One hand shield.
Weapon name:Elemental shield(for example,obviously use name u prefer)
Weapon ablity:Elemental counter
there is a X% chance when attacked that the magic shield will counter the enemy strike with elements,as,fire,ice,lighting(add as many as u find nice),whereas fire counter consists of a fireblast that brief stuns and deals dot on enemy;the ice counter a freezing nova slowing enemy's attack and movement speed;and the electric one being a lighting bolt coming from skies wich electroshocks the enemy,paralising him and letting him slowly recover attack speed movespeed and ability to cast spells(a simple purge).
Sounds awesome!

Note:I made this ability for a custom hero i made, the elemnetal mage and gives really nice results,despite being so simple.
Could you upload a demo map with the ability? Would make it much easier for me. :)

Weapon type:2 handed mace.
Weapon name:Doom Hammer,"The Doomer"
Weapon ability:Gives huge damage bonus,slow in att speed,and inflicts the burning desire on wielder giving him -5 hp/sec reg.However it has a chance that it will doom those who oppose to him silencing them, lowering they're physical and magical defenses as well as damage and reverting they're hp and mana regenation untill they die consumed by flames of hell(maybe add an aoe damage when unit dies like incinerate spell or units close to them dying one prey of fear and run desperatley, like wow's Fear).
Wow, a massive weapon indeed. I might use it, though then without the negative health regeneration.

Weapon type:eek:ne hand sword
Weapon name:Chilling blade
Weapon ability:%chance on attack to freeze the enemy on ice cube.(entangling roots with ice cube gaphic,maybe also add pause/unpause for more realism really nice effects )
Easy weapon for low level instances or as first-bosses killing reward
A good weapon to start off with, will use it. :)

Hope I helped. :)
But of course you did, don't say anything else! :thup:

Weapon type: Two handed or 1 handed Sword
Ability name: Killing Blow
Ability Description: Killing Blow has a 30% chance to Kill the Target instantly IF the targets heath is below 30%
Don't know about this one, sorry but I dislike instant kill abilities even if the target mus be close to death.

Weapon type: Dagger
Ability name:Stealing Stabs
Ability Description: Stealing Stabs has a 10% chance to steal 1 gold per attack.
Sorry, won't fit in this sort of map. :(

Weapon Type:Bow
Ability name: Spliting Arrow
Ability Description: Arrow is shot with such force that apon hitting the first target the arrow splits and hits 2 other targets, but doing less damage each time.
Might use this as an active ability, if I do I will give you credits.

Weapon type: 1 hand sword
Ability name: Adrenaline Rush
Ability Description: When the user of this swords heath drops below 10% adenaline rush kicks in and every blow that lands does double damage.
Sorry, but the problem with this sort of weapon is that it's only good if your close to death, and when you are the lightest mistake will give you a fast trip to the grave.

I thank you all for your ideas! <3
Believe it or not but I need more ideas for the map. (There will be looots of weapons in it. ^^)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Believe it or not but I need more ideas for the map.

lol :D

I've noticed you don't have many hammers so here are some (I haven't read trough every page so sorry if I copied someones else idea):

Weapon type: Two handed hammer, mace
Weapon name: Tauren Maul
Ability name: Bone crush
Ability description: Gives X% chance to slow the target by 20% and cause him to take 15% more damage for 3 seconds. Stacks for 4 times.

Weapon type: Two handed hammer, mace
Weapon name: Thunder Hammer
Ability name: Storm Wrath (active)
Ability description: Slams the ground with such force that it spreads thunder claps in 4 directions around the caster for up to 600 range, each dealing X damage and slowing by 50% for 4 seconds. The caster then gains lightning charge within his weapon for 10 seconds, releasing chain lightning upon his next attack stunning the target for 2 seconds. Chain lightning deals X damage and jumps X times.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Ill do my best.:)

INV_Weapon_Shortblade_34.png

Name: Creeping Blade
Type: One-Handed
Description: Forged out of various slain, monstrous insects, the blade itself still seems to long for blood like an actual bloodsucker.
Ability: Bloodlust (Passive)
Ability Description: Deals X bonus damage per attack made on opponents with less than 20% of their maximum health.

my4.jpg

Name: Void Blade
Description: Summoned from the Twisting Nethers, the Void Blade longs to return to its home and tries to take everyone along with him.
Ability: Shift (Active, target point)
Ability Description: Rips the bearer and all units in 250 range out of existance, just to turn back at the target point after 3 seconds.

l5.png

Name: Arcane Tome
Description: Used by wizards, the arcane tome holds both knowledge as well as magical power.
Ability: Arcane Bolt (Active, single target)
Ability Description: Drains X% of the users maximum mana and deals damage to the target equal to the mana drained.

INV_Armor_Shield_Naxxramas_D_02.png

Name: Shield of Mordigan
Description: A horrifying shield with a large skull on it. It is said to steal particles of the attackers soul upon hit.
Ability: Soulsteal (Passive)
Ability Description: Has a X% chance to block X damage and steal X% of the attackers current health, returning it to the shields bearer.

icons_5544_btn.jpg

Name: Lightbringer
Type: Two-Handed
Description: Said to release a constant amount of light, even in the darkest of dark places.
Ability: Blinding Flash (Active, no target)
Ability Description: Strikes the ground with Lightbringer, releasing a powerful, blinding flash. This stuns all enemies in 300 range for X second(s) and blinds them for another X seconds, causing them to mis X% of their attacks.

44.png

Name: Hammerstorm
Description: A large hammer that happens to summon various identical hammers out of nowhere.
Ability: Multi-Strike (Active, single target)
Ability Description: Summons numerous hammers that instantly attack the target, causing the bearer of Hammerstorm to strike the target X times at once. Every strike counts as a normal attack.

f53.jpg

Name: Mammoth
Description: A massive, hard, yet furry axe. It is said to lure its bearer into an animal-like state during combat.
Ability: Rage (Passive)
Ability Description: Increases damage, attackspeed, and movementspeed by X% for X seconds after each killing blow. Stacks X times.

INV_Sword_36.png

Name: Cutlass
Description: Populair among pirates and bandits, therefor said to make robbery and thievery a bit more easy.
Ability: Robbery (Passive)
Ability Description: Grants the bearer X bonus gold for every creep kill, and X bonus hold for every hero kill.

INV_Mace_01.png

Name: Rockstick
Description: A simple yet effective mace. Despite being a close-ranged weapon, also functions great when thrown.
Ability: Toss (Active, single target)
Ability Description: Hurls the Rockstick at the target enemy, dealing X damage and stunning him for X second(s). Disables all bonusses from Rockstick for X second(s), however.

imakunee

Reaction score
Name: The Ultimate Weapon of Final Destiny
Type: Convertible (click to change type)
Flavor Text: This is the legendary weapon that warriors, magi, and assassins alike have all searched for. A legend in itself, few believe it exists anymore. The stories say that the wielder increases their natural talents to incredible levels and even if the wielder would die, the weapon grants its owner one last chance to prove themselves. Also, it's great for smashing skulls and the whatnot.

Ability:
As the type says, if you click the weapon it changes it's weapon type to fit the user or can cycle through weapon types until the user likes it. Depending on which class it is (or maybe what stat the wielder has highest) the wielder gets X bonus to a stat, or health, or mana, or armor, or whatever sounds good.
It's passive is that if the wielder were to die then the killing unit(s) get transported along with the wielder to an alternate dimension (secluded part of the map maybe) where they are all set to full life and battle again.
If after that the wielder still dies, then The Ultimate Weapon of Final Destiny is lost forever.

Name: Good Spirited Mace
Type: Mace
Flavor Text: Each strike has a chance to favor you and your allies with good spirits, healing you.

Ability: Can go two ways with this.
1. Chance on hit to heal you and allies within so and so radius for a small amount of health.
2. Click ability that puts a buff called Favored on an ally or yourself. Chance on hit to heal the unit that is favored by a large amount of health.

Name: Kun'shikai
Type: One-Handed Quarterstaff
Attack Speed: Fast
Flavor Text: The right handed twin of the weapon held by a legendary martial arts master. Alone it increases the user's dexterity allowing the user to evade some attacks and more easily hit opponent's weak spots.

Ability: Increases agility and gives chance to dodge and to critically strike.

Name: Ee'wo
Type: One-Handed Quarterstaff
Attack Speed: Medium
Flavor Text: The left handed twin of the weapon held by a legendary martial arts master. Increases the wielders inner spirits giving longer endurance the ability to propel a wave of spiritual force outward.

Ability: Increases health and mana (or strength and intelligence) and has a click power that does a shockwave (however you want it to look, I think something blue and translucent would look cool) with a small pushback and damage.

It's OK to laugh at this one's name. :p Just try to pronounce it.

Name: Kun'wo'shi'ee'kai
Type: Two-Handed Battle Staff
Attack Speed: Medium-Slow
Flavor Text: Legendary staff of a renown martial arts master. Grants the wielder generally increased physical abilities. These bonuses allow the wielder to dodge enemy attacks, hit enemy weak points, and project a massive wave of spiritual energy.

Ability: Increases health, mana, strength, intelligence, and agility. Has double the chance Kun'shikai had to dodge and crit. Has a click ability which does Ee'wo's ability in all directions for more damage.

Created by having both Kun'shikai and Ee'wo. Can set it up either to automatically be created (like a recipe) or type in a command. Could also use another command to disassemble it if you want making the wielder able to use it or its parts when the user wants.

Hope these ones work for you too. :D

And Kazuga: As for Bloodydood's staff idea, I think what he meant is that you put a gem into the staff and it gives the staff the appropriate abilities. That was all one staff, not multiple ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.