What is best option for making the best aos?

which is the most beatifull theme for you (multipl)

• lordaeron fall

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • sunken ruin

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • ashenvalle

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • barrens

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • outland

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • icecrown

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Soulshadow

Reaction score
Well, instead of asking us "what are the best options," ask yourself, "what is currently the most played/enjoyed AoS"

If you can't find that out for yourself after looking at the custom game list for half a second, ya gots a problem. :D

4 Things That Make A Map "Good"

1.) Simplicity. Don't make a hundred custom menu's that are completely alien to everyone playing. The game should be easy to figure out.

2.) Complexity. Just because the map is easy to figure out, there should be a line between "knowing how to play" and "knowing how to play well."

3.) Custom. Don't rip off someone elses idea - If people want to play a 'dota-like' map, they can just play DotA. You need to show us something that we haven't seen before.

4.) Don't Half-Ass It. Make a decent map. Don't show us an awesome idea and present it in an ugly manner.

EDIT: Typo

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Code:
Items:
2 - items are just a small help (AOM, AOTZ)

heroes:
2 - some heroes, 20 (AOTZ)

spells
3 - 10% pre-made

size of the map
1 - small

the power of the creep troops should be equal to the power of a hero on level:
3 - 5

And I voted for Icecrown.

Just my opinion.

mapguy

Reaction score
No one wants another AoS game. No one will play it. Give up.
Especially, from what I've seen coming from you on these forums.
Sorry to break it to you but someone had to do it.

I'll be very polyte with you.

"FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER SON A BITCH!"

an AOS can be good, and my attitudes in the forum don't tell anything about my creativity.

if my AOS is good, ok, if not, I can always make it better!

mapguy

Reaction score
Items:

1 - items are the base of the game (like: DOTA)
2 - items are just a small help (AOM, AOTZ)

i still dont think that the items in dota doues ALLLLLOT, like in angel arena i like when its possible to buy better eqip and maybe change ur hero in some way (like making ur "paladin" into damage insted of tank/healer depending on the items), but i personaly dont realy like recipes that mutch :/

heroes:
1 - lots of heroes, like 40 (DOTA)

3 - just a small amount 10 (AOM)
some to lots... around 30 is ok, else there's heroes that is kinda ust repeating each other

spells
1 - all WC3 pre-made
2 - 50% pre made

3 - 10% pre-made
4 - all custom

sure thing, custom spells might look neat and stuff... but overusing them looks ust lame. i mean that u can appriciate the basic skills in wc3. why not change the existing skills alittle in some way :) and puting the right skills on right character whit outer skills can be realy nice :)

size of the map
1 - small
2 - mediu
3 - big

4 - huge
same "size" feel like in dota and angel arena kinda feels ok

the power of the creep troops should be equal to the power of a hero on level:
1 - 1
2 - 3
3 - 5
4 - 7
gota work for it, also.. the creeps are alwaise so weak, why not change this abit?

map theme:
VOTE ON THE POLL!

I don't want to be unpolyte but you look like that guy which loves DOTA and thing this is the best AOS ever.

spells
1 - all WC3 pre-made
2 - 50% pre made

3 - 10% pre-made
4 - all custom

because of this answer I just ignored everything u said.

If someone else answers 1 or 2 for this question I'll not listen to what the guy have to say...sorry

mapguy

Reaction score
1 - items are the base of the game (like: DOTA)

Just one word: Customizable

Well, too much is stupid because some of them will suck. THere will be imbas. Arround 20 highly customizable characters will be fine.

2 - 50% pre made
There is a world of fine spells:
Bash, critical strike, illusions, evasion, life steal, armor bonus, stat bonus, dmg bonus, purge, impale, chain lightning, fairy fire, death pact... Evry blizzard spell with a coupple of ways to use shloud be added. I suggest that each hero shloud have 1 or 2 triggered abilities. THis will balance things

2 - 50% pre made
There is a world of fine spells:
Bash, critical strike, illusions, evasion, life steal, armor bonus, stat bonus, dmg bonus, purge, impale, chain lightning, fairy fire, death pact... Evry blizzard spell with a coupple of ways to use shloud be added. I suggest that each hero shloud have 1 or 2 triggered abilities. THis will balance things

because of this answer ur IGNORED.

mapguy

Reaction score
Items: 2. Just a little help, it's annoying when someone gains a huge advantage cuz of vanguard -.-

Heroes: 1. Lots and LOTS of heroes, more to pick from, more opportunities to gain a hero that is the weakness of another hero... etc.

Spells: 3. 10-20% pre made, rest custom or premade spells with triggered effects ;) (more variation)

Size of map: 3. BIG , a hgue map allows no time for tactical manouvering, and traveling would take too much time, ganking would be easy etc etc... Smaller maps allow for too quick movement resulting in a too quick game.

Power of creeps: 2. lvl 3 or so is fine but a selectable game mode controlling this, and perhaps a rate at which creeps gain power would be nice.

yay

YAH, agree with you.

I just don't know how to fucking create LOT AND LOTS of CUSTOM heroes!

mapguy

Reaction score
Well, instead of asking us "what are the best options," ask yourself, "what is currently the most played/enjoyed AoS"

If you can't find that out for yourself after looking at the custom game list for half a second, ya gots a problem. :D

4 Things That Make A Map "Good"

1.) Simplicity. Don't make a hundred custom menu's that are completely alien to everyone playing. The game should be easy to figure out.

2.) Complexity. Just because the map is easy to figure out, there should be a line between "knowing how to play" and "knowing how to play well."

3.) Custom. Don't rip off someone elses idea - If people want to play a 'dota-like' map, they can just play DotA. You need to show us something that we haven't seen before.

4.) Don't Half-Ass It. Make a decent map. Don't show us an awesome idea and present it in an ugly manner.

EDIT: Typo

You really share my felling brother!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.