worker/supply build order

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
just wondering, what do you guys normally do when you play each race to maximize the amount of minerals harvested?

this is what I do:

terran: get 10 SCV's and while the 10th is training build a supply depo near the base, and then upgrade to orbital when I reach the supply limit again (and have the barracks tech)

protoss: get 9 probes, then build a pylon near main base, then 10th, then chrono boost and get 11+

zerg: I like making/canceling 2x extractors after hot-keying the builder drones so that I can cancel them asap

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
What's the point in doing extractor bug twice... Once is enough. Twice is redundant and counter-productive.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>zerg: I like making/canceling 2x extractors after hot-keying the builder drones so that I can cancel them asap

I don't get it.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Then what's the point in the 12th? Just create a lord a while the 11th drone is making...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I get an extra worker before I need to build my overlord, more workers earlier = more resources later

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You end up losing minerals when you cancel those extractors. Doing it more than once is counter-productive.

Getting an overlord gives you room to build more drones faster.

In reality, you're actually losing time when doing the second extractor.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
The Extractor trick is done to get that extra drone just a little bit quicker usually people do this when there minerals are at around 80-90 so that when they cancel the extractor to after making the extra drone your mineral count will drop to around 40 which will increase into 50 shortly afterward (assuming you have 8 drones mining) after making the drone your mineral count would drop towards 20-30 minerals and would rise towards 70-80 minerals after you cancel the extractor which will rise towards 100 just enough for you to make an Overlord.

If your just using the Extra drone to make another extra drone then your wasting the extra drone's purpose in the first place which is to give you a slight economic boost.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.