Cinematic Wrath of the Undead

takethat

Reaction score
even just a cinematic map? if after you win in a dota game, the map suddenly change to cinematic mode, barring you from pressing F10 and stuck you there for nothing. guess how people feels about it

again, if it is a cinematic map, people who watch it expect to watch it like a show, not knowing when it end. some maybe curious as there are both war3 cine and real world movie that have extra cine just after the name of actor show up, they tend to wait for something to be happen, and that bloody elve just stand infront of the gate, what next? should we wait, or shouldnt we?

and, for a person to take an effort to make a cine map, doesnt he expect audience to rate it? with such an bad way of closing the map, even the best map may drag down.

as for the codde

it does 2 thing, remove you from cinematic mode which you can not see any other stat in game like the minimap,

and,

make the camera back into game camera angle, which is look from between 70-80degree from above.

and yeah, if you think every one just love to in and out of warcraft3, these 2 action make no sense, blizzard make it just for fun of having it in the place

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Code:
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 1.00 seconds
But that code doesn't do anything if it's just a cinematic map... In fact, it's useless :thdown:

Add "Game - Victory Player 1 red with the message "The end"" and it would be perfect, and plenty easy, not nothing...

On a side note, I was working on a lightning orb model for this, Ill post it when I finish it\get it working.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm my thread turned into a chat?...
Please stop the off topic since that is not what this thread is for...

Takethat I apriciate that you take your time to judge my map in order to help me improve it.

Sorry I don't think I can change much of the terrain in the woods, I would only screw it up making it worse.. About the gate there is no posibility to have a river floating in front of it. I tried to do that at start but the drawbridge bugs up and either get's stuck in the water or the ground... About the houses, in what way should I decorate them? Where do you see a tree not sticking into the ground? Just so I can edit it.
lastly, when i watch the cine, it stop when the spy ran out of the castle, then nothing happen, the whole thing stops there and i cant exit the map.

as a responsible cinematic maker, pls ensure every time you edit and add on more section, you would have 2 action in the last part of the trigger, the 2 are:
Use alt+f4? Yes I forgot to add (Game defeat player) in the update I apologise for that. I'm still looking for a good castle model so and I myself think the church looks real bad. I will edit that later when either I have found a better model or I give that part up and just make the terrain around it better. If the houses are to big (normal size though), should I then shrink them or create bigger space between them? Map is updated, (haven't worked on anything you have said yet, haven't had time to).

Dispice all that, is there anyhing you actually like in the cinematic?

Edit:
Pretty good so far
Thanks^^
terrain wasn't that great though
any tips on what and how to edit?
and the lightning orb coulda looked better
In what way? Describe :p

takethat

Reaction score
offtopic:
lol, i use to use that 2 action when i test cine i made, usually only when release i put the defeat action.(dunno y defeat can modify the word it give, victory just can victory)

back:
about the draw bridge, mayb u can put invi platform or invi bridge there, ur draw bridge is a unit, so it will remain higher above the river.

again, pls, say no to blizzard cliff, they hurting my eyes :)

houses decoration, this not urgent, it is simply make it more better in visual, go find doodad for decoration in model section of hive or w3. for now, mayb give some flower pot, bench or so.

anyway, i think the house are too identical,try not to let people feel that you just copy and paste whole thing.

there are trees looks funny in the forest where the dreadlord stay, trees on hill having half their root on ground, half in the air.
when look from above, it is not obviouse, just that so the camera angle show it.

anyway, for a cine map, terrain size doesnt matter much, try have a bigger space, it is better to have a nice epic city then a small "outpost":p

as for comment, for the moment, the story seems to be potential(other then those funny dialog)
both terraining and city design are far from satisfactory...

the chuch is wat? palace or? chuch are public workship place, doesnt need to be guarded by army + strange looking tower...

anyway, continue your effort

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
again, pls, say no to blizzard cliff, they hurting my eyes :)
blizzard cliff?

as for comment, for the moment, the story seems to be potential(other then those funny dialog)
Is it funny in a good or a bad way?:rolleyes:
both terraining and city design are far from satisfactory...
Will try harder..

the chuch is wat? palace or? chuch are public workship place, doesnt need to be guarded by army
It's suposed to look like a castle, the Kings castle. It was the closest I could get..

strange looking tower...
Looks better than those arrow towers blizzard made and they fit better to the "castle" and walls.

anyway, continue your effort
I will;).

takethat

Reaction score
blizzard cliff means in the terrain palette, second option "apply cliff"
instead, use the third option apply height to make hills river...

funny is good if the cine is meant to be funny,

if the chuch is the king's castle, u should make more building around the outer rim of the castle's range, that will make people feels it is a very important building.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
blizzard cliff means in the terrain palette, second option "apply cliff"
instead, use the third option apply height to make hills river...
What options are you talking about...?
funny is good if the cine is meant to be funny,
What I meant was, you said that the dialogs was a bit funny, did you mean it in a good way or in a bad way? What about them is funny, how are they funny, should they be changed, in that case into what?

if the chuch is the king's castle, u should make more building around the outer rim of the castle's range
Don't quite get what you mean..
that will make people feels it is a very important building
Guards and guard towers?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Dam I suck at terraining... I tried the tool you suggested but I think I'm going to stick to the "ugly blizzard cliff"... Here is the result after ~30 minutes of work with it...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You should vary the houses...

I'll link my tutorial to here when I'm done with it, if you like.

J

JacobSijsma

I was kinda dissapointed... heh jk :p, only because it ended on that right part =D, Its a nice animation.

J

JacobSijsma

It's not finished yet;). But in what way do you mean it ended on the right part?

Nvm lol, i was expecting more to come up... like who was gonna be sacrificed, the kid or the woman ?.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
The woman is to be sacrificed and the kid is killd in order to stop him from warning Arthas.:rolleyes:

However, Takethat I managed to create water in front of the drawbridge without making it bug or anything. The problem now is that I can't make any sort of walkability over the river. I tried to put out invisible platforms but I can't find any trigger that activates them or whatever you do with them..

takethat

Reaction score
well, alternative solution is, create another salva unit that is a flying unit, when it reach the gate, replace the unit, after crossing the river, replace back to normal 1. meanwhile you must makesure its flying heigh is right...

J

JacobSijsma

well, alternative solution is, create another salva unit that is a flying unit, when it reach the gate, replace the unit, after crossing the river, replace back to normal 1. meanwhile you must makesure its flying heigh is right...

You mean 2 regions, one infront of the moat... when you enter it your unit become's a flying unit, and on the other side it reverses back to a normal unit <<< nvm, then it would only work from 1 side.

eureka, or somethin:

Just 1 Region for the bridge... and when you leave that region your unit become's a normal ground unit again.

Example:

Code:
Event: A unit enters HumanBridge region;
Condition: Entering unit =! Flying unit
action: Change unit type of entering unit to "Flying"

And Optionally another trigger to reverse this effect.

wouldn't work but thats the theory that could probably solve the problem... Or just get someone to help you for the invisible platforms.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
You can't change the movement type ingame, not even with triggers.. And I tried to put out an elevator but I can't make it to work...

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
cmon cliffs aren't that bad... u can combine them with ramps...
Ah, tell ya this. make a square place with water and then ramp it all. it should be easy.
Then raise the water and it'll be some random water with lands around. May be good 4 the river.

Goin to watch it.
-----------------
Cool! a lot better. fix the terrain... and it'll be good.
Nice story but not very expressive. What's like "its not him I'm after" has no sense of emotion. Add some comas.
Like this : "it's not him, I'm after YOU!" will be more expressive
And add sounds please...

The king just stands there? how boring... add throne.
The units don't have any animation. Like when the dreadlord hears about the sargeras, play his attack animation, saying "DARN!" will make it more lively.
Rate this... 6/10 for now. Good job tough. I love the storyline.

takethat

Reaction score
no1 says about changing movement type,

you make 2 identical unit thet 1 is air, the other is ground or normal 1. switch them when needed.

cliff is neccessary for a playable map while it is something that drag your cine map into undergraded. playable map is rate by the concept and how it balance, while cine map are rate by how it "looks" and squarish cliff arent something thats look good.

wats eureka?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.