Cinematic Wrath of the Undead

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Wrath of the Undead
A cinematic by Kazuga.

Story:
The Undead has once again decided to try to take over the lands of Ravenclaw were the Humans lives. A great battle appears and it is uncertian who will prevail.

Thanks to Dakho for making the battlefield terrain:thup:.
Thanks to Zanar for making the Arthas arival terrain:thup:.

The map is now finished, you can check it out here.
Edit: The end of the cinematic will be edited or remade asap.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Is this like the game Undead Assault on WC? :D

I'll watch it now.

EDIT: Ok, it's not like UD2. Lol.

Interesting start. But improve on the terrain and grammar (and length rofl) and it will be better. :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well, it's real short, so I really couldn't judge it. Now, a couple of things from what I've seen:

1. Spelling. It's not a major issue but it can be distracting. Of course, I'd focus on other things first. Or maybe it's just me, I don't know.
2. Terrain. While some of it was good, and the town was okay, the forest was, to say the least, bad. Unless it was a grove or something, the trees were all perfectly alligned and there were no doodads or high increases. Try to use the height tools to make it look lumpy, since the real world isn't all perfectly flat. And in the forest mix up the trees, and add in some shrubs/flowers/mushrooms.

So basically I'm just fussing about it's image. The cinematic itself was entertaining, and the story seems like it could carry on to be interesting. Good luck.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Well ofcourse it is far from done, that's just the beginning of the cinematic:p. Hm I misspelld somewhere? will have to check on that.. What I need is sort of help with the story^^. And also, what can be approved in the terrain?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
And also, what can be approved in the terrain?

First off, dont make the forest looks so square. It's just a block of trees with a path in it. That's not really what a real forest looks like. Just spot trees all over so it looks more random, add hills and such, and then put in doodads. It'll make it look a lot nicer and more realistic. Just about all forests have different tree types in there. A good mix is ashenvale, cityscape, and lordaeron summer trees.

Next, for the city, maybe add a little more than just rows of houses. Add a little road through it, maybe flower pots and wells and such. Make it look like a real city that people live in.

Just remember that even a boring scene of two people talking can look a lot more interesting with some good terrain, and maybe good camera angles (which I think you did well).

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
That would be real nice^^
Anyway, I worked on the terrain and some on the cinematic. Is there anyone who knows any good elvish magic formula that can be used when Sylvanas uses some of her elven magic (somehow some is still left within her^^). Edited the map on the first post.

Also, please tell me if you see any misspellings so I can correct them:thup:.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
If terrain tutorials are what you're looking for, go to the WE Tutorials Site (left side of thehelper.net webpage, under the tab 'World Editor'). I learned how to terrain there and there's a lot of helpful tuts there if you're looking for em.

EDIT: just watched the updated version. Much better, especially the forest. Looks very evil and such. I also like the other stuff you added to the cinematic.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe I will write a tutorial... over the weekend if I have time, lol. Good luck on this. :)

takethat

Reaction score
1st of all, you shouldnt use blizzard cliff in making cine, they just sux,
2nd, the small hill with blood fountain is just too square, too unnature, and dun simply just cover the whole place with blight, thats too simple.

control ur camera angle, dun let they show pic of tree not sticking to the ground.

the white square u use on the gate should be 2x instead of 1x, it is unthinkable for people to build a castle and cover only left half of the road

and the castle gate, there shouldnt be land there, the river should seal off the whole place.

it is also quite impossible for all the house facing the same direction, and no decoration on houses, its too small compare to unit (this is cine not game)

again, the chuch place on blizzard cliff, some more the cliff so square...

if possible dont put the castle at the edge, it look really ugly if the you c the sky suddenly stick with the ground. or you can control ur camera angle so it doesnt show those edge part.

lastly, when i watch the cine, it stop when the spy ran out of the castle, then nothing happen, the whole thing stops there and i cant exit the map.

as a responsible cinematic maker, pls ensure every time you edit and add on more section, you would have 2 action in the last part of the trigger, the 2 are:

Code:
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 1.00 seconds

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
as a responsible cinematic maker, pls ensure every time you edit and add on more section, you would have 2 action in the last part of the trigger, the 2 are:

Code:

Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 1.00 seconds
Why...?

takethat

Reaction score
if not, the camera remain cinematic, your mouse cant move, nor you can click menu, quest or watever.

you stuck there.

Knight7770

Reaction score
if not, the camera remain cinematic, your mouse cant move, nor you can click menu, quest or watever.

you stuck there.
But isn't the whole thing a cinematic...?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
But isn't the whole thing a cinematic...?

He's explaining how to end the cinematic. The best way I think is, if you want it to be full cinematic....

Code:
Cinematic - Fade out over 3.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

then it just ends without it going back to gameplay and making you manually quit.

takethat

Reaction score
image you go watch in cinema, after the show end, you should be able to stand up, stressing your leg and hand then walk out from the room via the door provided.

now you cant, you stuck there, show ends, so no more things to see other then the black screen, you cant move, cant stand up, cant do a thing other then watching the black screen....

dude, cine ends it should allow you to leave the game, or it should just kick you out, not stuck you inside.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Or, you could press Alt+F4 and leave...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Tell me, On b.net after finishing a melee game would you want to alt f4 out of wc3 and get back in after playing every game? its much better if it brings you back to the main menu itself.

But that doesnt really matter very much..

Often in cinematics people talk wierd, not how they would in real life, saying things in a silly way the wouldnt normaly, which sounds kinda awkward, But idk how much you can help that. Try to fix the spelling anyways. :)

Pretty good so far, terrain wasn't that great though, and the lightning orb coulda looked better.

GJ, hope to see a new version soon..

takethat

Reaction score
ofcause u can do that, but wat if i want to play on with other map? exit from warcraft3 totally and re enter the game is so waste of time. as i said, as a responsible cine maker you should add the action mention. if you are not, you can be careless anyway,

imagine some game outside requires you to restart the game everytime you watch a cine? it will nvr be popular.

edit: haha, few minutes slower =.= din realize u post adi

Knight7770

Reaction score
Code:
But that code doesn't do anything if it's just a cinematic map... In fact, it's useless :thdown:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.