Cinematic Wrath of the Undead

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Hm... Your not the first who mention it but I can't edit it if you don't say where it's misspelld. I'm sorry but grammar is not my best matter.. The map is unprotected so you can if you want change it if it is a real lot..
Well, not even I would take the time to go through that and fix everything. Just stick it in a Word document and fix all the changes automatically :thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Mine doesn't know english...

Anyway I looked through all of the triggers but I could only find one missspelling, and that was at the end. I misspelld reinforcements..

This means I suck at grammar since I can't find what you states is incorrect?

takethat

Reaction score
1st of all, at the opening, dun show the human castle 1st, that will be better

(me) used by the king, normally we use (I), but kings dun use (I) to refer to themself.

the terrain of mountain where arthas come out, is a total failure, make it more variety, dun just square square...

give u some ideas how,

This is the least you should have
View attachment 22602

This is beatify version
View attachment 22603

This is what i recommended
View attachment 22604

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Wow... You pwn in making terrain...
Edit: I worked on the terrain and tried to make something like your second picture, this is the result.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I think I could do better. :p

Ok, Kazuga, I'll get to work on the job and send it to you when it's done.

Btw, you should ask for a thread title change or make a new thread for the new name.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm could ask to a moderator to change it, since it would be unnecessary to double thread. I have edit and re edit on the summoning part now, and I think it turned out ok. But I need your opinions, so please tell me what you think about it;). Map is updated at first post as usual.

Edit: Btw Thewrongwine, are you able to correct the misspells in the cinematic? I posted the lines in a word doc in my previous post.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, I had to double post because I didn't see an attachment part. Anyway, the file's attached.

Attachments

• Wrath of the undead word document.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 212

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Aah, thanks^^.

So many misspellings... Never thought I was that bad^^ Updated, altough the summoning part might have misspellings since noone who "can" spell have looked through it yet:rolleyes:. The map still has the name v2 since it wasn't such a big change.

Btw, should I send the new lines (from the summoning) also?

Edit: Updated to Wrath of the undead v3.

takethat

Reaction score
well, camera position very important, try not to let people see things that arent suppose to be there, eg: some guy wearing spect in lotr :)

in your case, as i said b4, try dont let us c the edge of the map, as when in the undead forest (after summoning) or when in the human's castle(the king confidently explaining his castle is very "impressive" and strong defence(only 1 line of wall)

consider the size of the 6 castle guard tower, they really funny, and look out, arthas sword so sharp, do u think any king would allow a sharpy sword wielder holding the sharpy skeleton horror undead sword to get so close?

there remain minor issue which i guess it is too minor for the moment...
other then that,

i found that it is quite impressive you use the fade filter to skip the part when unit are require to walk pass the wall.

the mountain hill cave look slightly better compare to the origin

ps: when salva want to leave the castle after getting info from the idiot knight

she run towards the gate, alarm by the sudden appeareance of a beatiful but evil red eye clorded woman, the footman shout: what the? who are......

salva voice break in and convertd him

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
well, camera position very important, try not to let people see things that arent suppose to be there, eg: some guy wearing spect in lotr :)
Some guy wearing what?

consider the size of the 6 castle guard tower, they really funny
Should I shrink them or what..? Please be clearer of what you mean.
and look out, arthas sword so sharp, do u think any king would allow a sharpy sword wielder holding the sharpy skeleton horror undead sword to get so close?
I can't really do much about that but to change to another model file...

i found that it is quite impressive you use the fade filter to skip the part when unit are require to walk pass the wall
^^ Coudn't fix the "drop down" thing, they are still walking through the drawbridge down in the water and up again..

the mountain hill cave look slightly better compare to the origin
Thanks to you:thup:

ps: when salva want to leave the castle after getting info from the idiot knight

she run towards the gate, alarm by the sudden appeareance of a beatiful but evil red eye clorded woman, the footman shout: what the? who are......

salva voice break in and convertd him
I don't quite get what you mean...

takethat

Reaction score
1st of all, wat i mean is that some time it had show to us the edge of the map or the sky suddenly met the land, which both isnt a good thing.

tower is very small, more like a column then a tower, therefore should remove or make it bigger.

when i talk about arthas, all i 1 2 mention to u is that he stand so close untill his sword looks like almost slashing into uther.

in the ps:

i suggest a dialog for the footman ( what the? who are you!) with the you remove because he is under the spell by the spy master(salva)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm will be hard to fix that with the cameras... I will try to fix that untill the next update. But now I'm releasing v4.

Changes: Made progress in the cinematic, edited on the sacrifice part, think that's about it? Anyway the cinematic is not far from done. The only remaining things is the rest of the cinematic wich isn't that much and some editing on terrain and dialogs etc.

You can find the update at the first post.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Updated to v5!

Fixed most of the cameras, unfortunatly I had to reduce the size of the towers again since it was impossible to get a good camera view otherwise. Terrain edited, cinematic progressed. Next edit will hopefully be the last one. Cinematic is now around 10 minutes. Updated at first post as allways. Please post comments:)

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Okay, I watched the newest version...

+
A lot longer

Nice Special Effects (the part where the demon is summoned I thought was great)

Pretty good dialogue

Music

(much) Better Grammar
-
random conversations have voices in them (it gets funny, then just kinda annoying)

Some camera angles were real bad such as when the mage talks to the king, he's completely blocked off by the column and you never move the camera, and when the camera reveals the edge of the map.

Random Animations. Such as when the king randomly just swipes his sword (I'm guessing it's because he's angry but it looks wierd since he goes from one to two hands to attack.)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, I'll watch the update now.

Also, yes, send me all parts.

EDIT: Woah! Great improvement. The terraining is better, and you changed the grammar. Lol, you have sounds from the campaign for every single word Uthas and Arthas say when they talk. :D

Just maybe work on terraining a little more, and fix some other grammar errors.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
+
A lot longer

Nice Special Effects (the part where the demon is summoned I thought was great)

Pretty good dialogue

Music
(much) Better Grammar
Ty^^
-
random conversations have voices in them (it gets funny, then just kinda annoying)
Hm? And I who searched around to find sounds that actually said what they did..
Some camera angles were real bad such as when the mage talks to the king, he's completely blocked off by the column and you never move the camera
thanks for notifying me for that, will look over it.
and when the camera reveals the edge of the map.
Have tried to prevent that but it's possible you might see the edge at some places...
Random Animations. Such as when the king randomly just swipes his sword (I'm guessing it's because he's angry but it looks wierd since he goes from one to two hands to attack.)
I added that and some other animations cause of this post:
The king just stands there? how boring... add throne.
The units don't have any animation. Like when the dreadlord hears about the sargeras, play his attack animation, saying "DARN!" will make it more lively.

Thanks for feedback :p

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
When the spy master runs, there are some villagers. Don't they run and inform the king?

And at the last scene, the 2 knights waiting are seen by the angle. fix that.

Ivach

Reaction score
Just finished watching it and here are some of my thoughts.

All in all, I felt the cinematic had much potential, but due to flaws which I will mention later, it becomes more of an average cinematic.

First, I like the storyline, it was good enough to keep me going on until the end. Not complex, and easy to understand. But the way it was presented and delivered halted it when it could have been so much better. It seemed bland and very predictable. Most of the time. information is conveyed through speeches, especially from a underling to their superiors. This is one of the easiest ways to clue in your audiences on happenings in the cinematic, but it gets really dull, and makes your cinematic seem unprofessional.

It is kind of hard to explain. When I think of a suitable example, I'll edit this post.

Next off is the terrain. It looks okay. Usually in a cinematic, the terrain would matter much more than any other kind of map. They give off the atmosphere. Yours is good, decent. But not great.

Also, a few thing seemed out of logic, and very unrealistic. At the beginning, with so many guards on top of the castle walls, how would they have not seen the Spy Master running up to the walls? Were they drunk? She was less than a few yards away! Also, the Spy Master wanted to take out the guards before they raised the alarms. Why would she do that? They haven't even noticed her yet! She should have just avoided them and be on her merry way. I'm sure someone of the title Spy Master would be more than smart enough than to do that, unless she was sure of taking them both out. If that was the case, her saying that she should kill them before they raised the alarms would be irrelevant. Thirdly, the way the King left the castle so unguarded right after they were infiltrated and had the infiltrator escape was also out of logic. Surely, he would have strengthened the guard of that place. Or was it intentional for the King to be that irrational? Quite a lot of things were similiar to this, or just didn't quite make some sense to me, but I can't list them all out.

Next, it would be nice to give some characters a name. It gives much more of a feel and belonging towards that character. Give the Spy Master a name. =). Sylvanas or anything else would surely be better than a generic Spy Master.

Whew, I think that's most of it. Hopefully you don't feel offended, but these I feel really lack in the cinematic. If you can fix up all these things, and a better way of delivering the cinematic, I'm sure this will be a very good cinematic! Good Luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.