Cinematic Wrath of the Undead

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
You just knocked me down to the ground...

That's asking for a remake of the hole cinematic... Does cinematics really have to be logic? Does the wc3 campaigns allways seem logic to you? Well I don't know about that but imo it don't. She's the Spy Master, so that means she's good at hiding? Drop the logic thing it woudn't work at all.

the way it was presented and delivered halted it when it could have been so much better.
What way? If you want me to improve it you have to say what and how.

It seemed bland and very predictable.
Very predictable? As with all other movies and books etc?
Most of the time. information is conveyed through speeches, especially from a underling to their superiors.
Just did what they mostly do in old movies etc when they do have a king (for example the lord of the rings.)

Ivach

Reaction score
It's not exactly a remake of the whole cinematic. I'm just saying that there are parts where things can be improved.
Does cinematics really have to be logic? Does the wc3 campaigns always seem logic to you?

Yes and Yes. Well, at least to a certain extent. Not to say that it has to be logic, but sometimes, a more logical choice of action produces a much more interesting storyline.

If the Spy Master opted not to shoot the guard. Her choice would be to continue in hiding. Maybe then she would be discovered, and a cool scene where she tries to give them the slip would ensue.

I see the story flowing much better that way, but I guess that's just my opinion.

What way? If you want me to improve it you have to say what and how.

I myself is at a loss for words when it comes to explaining this. What I can say though is that having character development would be really cool. Having stories and flashbacks would do wonders. Makes you feel more attached to the characters and puts you in their shoes.

Very predictable? As with all other movies and books etc?

Sorry, maybe I put this the wrong way. What I meant to say was that it felt monotonous.

Just did what they mostly do in old movies etc when they do have a king (for example the lord of the rings.)

I'm not saying it's wrong. I just feel that it is overused. (To me at least.)

I apologise in advance if I come off harsh in anyway, or it seemed to you that I was insulting you or any of the sort. Just thought you would appreciate some constructive feedback on your work. But hey, I'm not gaining anything from this either.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Your not gaining anyth... What the? On thehelper you post of your own free will and comments etc shoudn't demand anything in return.

I just think it's cruel to jump over someone like that with critics without not really saying anything possitive about it (unless there wasn't anything you liked about it... at all?)

I apriciate that you try to help me, but hold back on the critizisism even if the cinematic blows.

To another subject, thewrongvine I submited all the lines from the summoning and forward in a word document, just as last time.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol Kazuga, there was nothing offensive in his posts. And he's right as a viewer. It just takes someone brave enough to give constructive critisim (and be able to notice it -_-). Just take the feedback. :) I'll get to the file after my HW.

Also, I suggest not updating this... or something. Because a cinematic contest is going to be hosted soon. Might be.

EDIT: I'll send you the file in a PM.

EDIT 2: Ugh, you can't send files in a PM. I'll have to double post...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, the file is attached.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this:

Please change the file name to something else bsides Cinematic by Kazuga aka Nick or w/e. :) Make it like [Cinematic] Wrath of the Undead .1 and then .2 and then .3 so we know the map. Because when you play, you see the file name in the lobby... or is it game name that you didn't change... Just check the file and the game title.

Attachments

• Wrath of the undead lines (2).doc
    27 KB · Views: 234

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Because you can't attach a file in an edit either. I think. Hello Kazuga! You there?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Because you can't attach a file in an edit either. I think. Hello Kazuga! You there?

EDIT > Go Advanced

And btw, Ivach pretty much hit the major pointers I would have said. :p Just note, that you don't have to fix them at the moment, but they are good pointers for the future episodes. :thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score

Ye sorry I was studying all day yesterday, going to school in 5 minutes but I will have a check on it in a few hours (when I get my computer back from our school technician)

>And btw, Ivach pretty much hit the major pointers I would have said. Just note, that you don't have to fix them at the moment, but they are good pointers for the future episodes.

Will be alot of work to fix the points he took up... More work than fixing the end of the cinematic.. But I will look over it in the weekend.

takethat

Reaction score
i must say, consider the original 1st version, u do make alot of effort, and i got no mood in cri people...

1st of all, it is strange for a spy to sneak in via the front wall... you could make her abit of shadowy or invi. and make the man next to the wall walk around or wander abit... the part where the wall join the mountain abit of funny(in the sense of <not pretty>)

Ivach does right in the event of the spy master shooting the arrow to expose herselve rather then being push till corner and unveil, it is not at the point of logic or not, it is just like telling people shes an idiot... but for me, i dun care about that.

about the castle design, it is not good, its too small, not epic, but i take it as the human survivor really are poor... but really give a better design...

anyway there still alot to fix and upgrade, but there are 2 points i concern...
1st, it is strange if you go use the raise up tool to make the hill for undead forest and castle hill, then y u dun do so for the cave that host the lightning orb and the cave where arthas came out?

2nd, i chk ur map in the editor, i hope the battle between undead human isnt a small scale fighting but an epic battle,

thats all for now
cheers

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Thanks, finally a good critizising post that still shows what he apriciates and what needs to be fixed. I will work some more on the terrain (arthas and orb) in order to make it the way you want it since it do look much better.

About the big battle, the units that are currently outplaced are just in test stadium. It's about 1% done so no it won't be what it currently look like.

I might edit the way the spy get's caught but it will take a while since I got lots and lots of homework over the weekend.. Thanks for feedback all, I hope the turn out won't disapoint you.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
The terrain when she's going to the castle at the start looks bad in the backround, those rocks and waterfall..
She walks right by a villager without him batting and eye?!?!
She shoots one, and doesn’t even bother attempt to kill the other, and the guard doesn't even run away, and she doesn't try to run away either. That part seems really silly..
It goes to look at the orb, there’s white lines between the black blocks... lol... That could be fixed pretty easy too.
The constantly flickering lightning’s near the orb are annoying, lightning’s should appear every now and then, not flicked constantly in one place, that’s always annoying IMO...
The drawbridge falls down, but the bars are still there looks silly, as she walks through them..
"That is great news, me must prepare" We*? :p
Your up close terrain is OK, but terrain in the background needs work, like when Arthas is coming. You also need to use the rise\lower terrain tools more.
The archway-spammed place is bad, you shouldn't do that like that.. Looks bad. >< You can see black-off the screen oddness in the sky at that point too.

The storyline is pretty, good. In total the cinematic is OK, but terrain needs work at some points. Keep working on it, and It could get to be a very good cinematic. :)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
The terrain when she's going to the castle at the start looks bad in the backround, those rocks and waterfall..
Ye I removed that in the current ver (on my computer that is).

She walks right by a villager without him batting and eye?!?!
She is the Spy Master after all...? What should he do? Run away in terror?..

The archway-spammed place is bad, you shouldn't do that like that.. Looks bad. >< You can see black-off the screen oddness in the sky at that point too.
What should I use instead?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
She is the Spy Master after all...? What should he do? Run away in terror?..
Make him be looking the other way, digging in his garden (stand work animation) or somthing, she walks in PLAIN sight RIGHT in front of him not in the slightest bit like a spy master right now..

What should I use instead?
Make then bigger, make them not all quite the same size, make it a shorter tunnel, and add other rocks near the edges would be better even, but 1000 exact same archways looks bad. There was a tutorial 2-P made, that included making tunnels too, might want to check that out.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Small update, just wanted to know what you think of the new way in how the Spy Master get's caught. Please comment it, note that only the spy master part is changed atm.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Okee! I'll watch right now! :D

EDIT: Um... I have 3 maps with the same name (cinematic by kazuga aka nicky724) or w/e. I don't want to try all of them. I still won't know, lol. That's why you should change the name.

What size is the map? So i can tell which one to play.

EDIT 2: Ok, I found it.

SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT! :thup:

But some things to be fixed:

-imposter is like a fake, someone pretending to be another, so that word doesn't exactly fit.
-it's apprentice with two p's :p
-it's disappearing also with two p's
-the graveyard where Tokoross and Varimathas are talking is too plain, live it up a little
-King Uther is so short compared to Arthas :D

Did you use the file I put yet with the corrections?

I g2g now so I'll finish my list when I come back. Don't worry, there were a lot of good things, too. ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.