Cinematic Wrath of the Undead

Zanar

Reaction score
I would gladly volentier for the terraining but Ivach is making you a foresty trail, so how are you going to combine those two terrains and I don't have much time today.

And another suggestion you should open the gates now it looks as she is walking through the gate bars.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Dakho is making the battlefield terrain, but the terrain at wich arthas arrives still needs to be remade if you feel up for it:rolleyes:.

About the steelbars, there is nothing I can do about them... The animation wich opens them doesn't let them stay down, instead it creates a loop. They goes down in to the ground then poff there they are again going down through the ground again, over and over.

Zanar

Reaction score
Dakho is making the battlefield terrain, but the terrain at wich arthas arrives still needs to be remade if you feel up for it:rolleyes:.

About the steelbars, there is nothing I can do about them... The animation wich opens them doesn't let them stay down, instead it creates a loop. They goes down in to the ground then poff there they are again going down through the ground again, over and over.

You could try to put actions just for help:

Code:
Actions
    Animation - Play (Gate)'s death alternate animation
    Wait 1.00 seconds
    Unit - Suspend corpse decay for (Gate)

EDIT: I may try to remake the arrival point but not now and I can't promise you nothing cause here is late night and iI'm tired if noone volentiers then I will.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
If no one is left to volunteer to terrain, I can help. But because I am very lazy, take me as a last resort. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've been meaning to say this since the first time you showed this and I finally remembered to put it in the post. With a starting hero, don't use RED team because it looks... um... crappy when you see the heroes on the hero side bar at the start of the game. Also, when the scene for the 2 knights guarding the entrance starts, it closes the cinematic view. You don't have to close it and reopen it. It stays open and works fine throughout the whole game.

Ivach

Reaction score
I was going to start work on it until I realised that the texture space remaining is zero. I don't feel comfortable with using NewGen or other stuffs that disable that limit as I'm afraid it would cause problems to the map.

By the way, I've watched the cinematic again and I like the improvements. It gave it a more polished feel.

One major flaw though. At the Arthas arrival scene, he was standing there and watching when the woman and the kid were kidnapped and slaughtered. :p

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Ooook.... This is driving me insane......
I have made the same thing 3 times now and each and every time the map has been corrupted for some strange reason... All I did was to edit terrain (battlefield), created an ocean and made some dialogs... It has taken 30 minutes for each time I did it and each and every time it got corrupted in the strange way that I can open it in world editor but I can't play it in wc3 (get's an error when the loading is done...)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Updated to v8 (finally^^)

Took me 4 times to make the same thing without having the map corrupted.. Anyway it's done now.

Please tell me what you think of the battlefield (terrain is almost finished, depends if you want me to change it or not + I must create the undead base and work a little more on the human stronghold).

Terrain requests:
Archway (tunnel)
Arthas arival

Zanar

Reaction score
Updated to v8 (finally^^)

Took me 4 times to make the same thing without having the map corrupted.. Anyway it's done now.

Please tell me what you think of the battlefield (terrain is almost finished, depends if you want me to change it or not + I must create the undead base and work a little more on the human stronghold).

Terrain requests:
Archway (tunnel)
Arthas arival

Again you have forgotten to show the first part.:eek:
And you didn't terrain the arrival.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Wops sorry, don't know how I can forget such importnant things...
Fixed

I'm still searching for someone to terrain it=/

Zanar

Reaction score
I have finished terraining the arrival point unless you want me to add rocks instead of grass at the mountains.

Attachments

• Wrath of the Undead v8 (Terrained).w3x
    851.8 KB · Views: 254

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Thanks, looks real great:thup: Updated map and added your name. You will also be in the aftertexts in the end of the cinematic;).

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Updated to v9
The cinematic is now close to it's end. Made progress in the cinematic. Please comment it and say what should be changed in your opinion and why, if there now however is something you want to be changed;).

Still searching for someone to help me with the "archway" terrain.

I didn't forget to fix the trigger action this time :p.
Link to first post.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Cool, I'll watch it now. :thup:

EDIT: I made a list of corrections to be made:

• Uther says "me". I think it should be "we" must prepare for his arrival...
  • aprentice is spelled "apprentice" with 2 P's.
  • when Tokoross arrives, he says all those things about doom and stuff; I suggest taking it off except for the laugh because it is random.
  • rofl, the elf scout is so short!
  • in the graveyard, the rocks are floating. lol
  • Tokoross summons random skeletons that live and die 3 seconds later...
  • I suggest not using red for heroes in the beginning because you see them.
  • your is "you're"
  • it's "you will pay dearly" I think you mean..
  • it's spelled "consider"
Besides that, great improvement. The terraining still seems a bit raw so you should fix that up.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Edit: Puted the post into a spoiler since it's so long...^^
Uther says "me". I think it should be "we" must prepare for his arrival...
Fixed^^

aprentice is spelled "apprentice" with 2 P's.
Fixed:rolleyes:.

when Tokoross arrives, he says all those things about doom and stuff; I suggest taking it off except for the laugh because it is random.
Removed:p.
rofl, the elf scout is so short!
Normal size=/

in the graveyard, the rocks are floating. lol
Removed, edited new ones.
Tokoross summons random skeletons that live and die 3 seconds later...
Just something that he does to show he's emotions.
I suggest not using red for heroes in the beginning because you see them.
Hm I think you can remove that in gameplay constants? Will see if I can remove it there..
your is "you're"
Dam I hate those shortenings^^
it's "you will pay dearly" I think you mean..
Will see if I can find that part :p
it's spelled "consider"
Have to find that part to^^

Besides that, great improvement.
Ty^^
The terraining still seems a bit raw so you should fix that up.
At what locations? Or overall the hole map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.