Cinematic Wrath of the Undead

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Worked on the "archway" terrain, and I'm kind of satisfied with it, atleast for being me making it^^
Screenshot
Don't know how to view the picture in the post sorry=/

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You would use the picture link (or
) and link where the picture is from, and in this case, from imageshack.

Ok, it looks better than before, but it's still plain. Take a look at it yourself; you can see the ground on the sides go on like forever. You should never show that stuff unless its purposely done so you should either terrain more to block it, or raise the heights so they can't see it. Also, the statues are... very random. rofl.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well I watched it again. First I would like to say that it was a lot better, I liked your use of special effects and the new scene with the spy master.

The entrance arthas uses is still kind of bland, in fact it almost looks worse than the original (if you spam archways, smother it in rocks and shrub. Looks better). Overall it was a bit bland, maybe some more doodads and such could make it better.

Also, your new entryway does look okay actually. Maybe have some Statue White (dolphin statue) on the sides of the walkway. Also, if you lower fountains into water they look pretty cool. Next, the trees are not very good. Add some raise and lower amongst them, use barren trees to mix it up, and add some plant life. Still, I like how you made it, it has an atmosphere kinda, which is always good.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Nice one, but as well, you should learn more about ground levels. Use noise then re-smooth it to make some ground elevation.

The hills in the forest is very... well, bad. Try to make it using some cliff level then ramp it all over (will be like some platform) then raise it. Guess it'll be better.

Keep in touch! disease are spreading but it won't cover a whole area. Give a good rough dirt inside the blight. also some dead plant (may make this by make a purple/black bush)

I STILL love the storyline and the great improvement.:thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys and the nice compliments^^ I will try my best:thup:.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
hmm... the best part is when the ranger sneak and runs. Loads of actions. really.
Add some more things? also i love the way archimonde moves. (the ground trembles)

Weird thing : I can't get it. archimonde spawns, the ground trembles so hard yet none of the knight realize it?
only arthas?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I'm soon finished with the last part, however I'm not going to release it untill all is finished. However I need suggestions on wich team is going to win...

Reason to this is that I have so many ideas of what should happen for both but I can't decide wich one I like best..

Please say what you think, the one with the most votes is the one to be picked of course.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I would say humans except you've pretty much killed off all of them.

I think it should come down to the king vs. the dreadlord in the end, and perhaps neither win... that would make it muy epico in my opinion.

I always think the unexpected ending, as long as it doesn't ruin everything else, is the best. So be creative and think of something that viewers would never expect :thup:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I say this: DOOM wins!

That doesn't mean total annihalation; I mean like what Dakho said, the King fights the Dreadlord, and as they are both about to die (from exhaustion rofl), a NEW faction enters.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
A hole new faction enters to save the humans? Hm reminds a bit of Lord of the ring, the two towers when Gandalf arrives :p Well thanks for the tips I hope I won't dissapoint you^^

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Sweet! I'll watch it now. Are you going to start a new cinematic once this is fully finished?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Its better, that’s for sure. I found it kinda funny... :)

• Terrain is still pretty bad. I’m only good at terrain from normal views, or having made all the terrain from scratch as well as the cameras myself...
  • I liked it all the way to the VERY end. Then it got bad... None of the units were in formation in the fight; it looked like you just randomly sent groups of units to attack each other. The battle had no real sense to it most of the time. I liked the things that happened, but the way the units fought each other could use work.
  • Lastly, surprise endings are good, But sudden abrupt random ness were one unit walks on the page at the end isn’t, IMO... It needs to go on a little longer showing
    helping them win the rest of the battle or something.
    [*]Also, there’s spelling mistakes in the lines people say -- some pretty funny ones I can't see how you missed. o.0

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, it has definitely improved. :thup:

• the correct spelling is: lieutenant
  • the terraining could still be improved
  • when the Crypt Fiend thing talks to Varimathras, "illnews" isn't a good word for it since ill is bad and the news he tells is good; just leave it as "news"
  • this is the 3rd time now I think, it's "apprentice" with 2 p's! :p
  • Uther: "WE" must prepare... ; "dead with burns over his whole body..."
  • "happened" is the correct spelling
  • Please make it end after it's done ^_^

Something seems wrong... maybe I was watching the wrong version...

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Hmm... true. Why all of a sudden the undeads accept the challange (they haven't confirmed that tokoross managed to take it!) Are they wanting to be obeliterated?

Hmm... yes, the battle sucks. You must decrease the hp of an unit up to 80-90% if you want to mass it up like that. But i recommend a full triggered battle.

Tokoross came, he can kill knights and arthas in one hit and he attacks about 10 times to kill a footman? no sense at all...

Jaina turned into a banshee and that's the story?

Who is rexxar? suddenly pops up and the movie ends...

Seriously, if i only watched until the last version it's good and after... really seems like you make it as fast as you can...

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm yes I'm thinking of remaking the whole ending, I'm not satisfied with the battle at all either and the ending fight just looks rediceles... However It's hard to have controll over 30-40 new spawning mobs at the same time... Don't really know how to make it at all...

If anyone feels like helping it would be gladly apriciated, if not then I don't know If I'm really capable of remaking it...

Yes it was a bit shortened down in the end, I have been working on it for so long and the closer to the end I got, the more I wanted to finish it...^^ Wich ofcourse ended up... well as it did...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
You should let them free fight. Like with the archers, they all shoot at one guy; make them shoot at random area in region. Also, spread them out more so they don't look like a line for suicidals. Tokorros and Jaina just stand there talking and no one fights them or even notices them, lol.

Off-Topic: Rexxar is a half-orc half-ogre Beastmaster who lives in the wilds. He uses animals (especially his bear, eagle, and boar) to help him fight, and is an axeman. Because of his traits (half and half) he is a powerful fighter that can take on orcs and ogres alike. In otha words, he's pwnage.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
you may make it hilarious using flying height. For example; footmen jump to enter the battlefield, or they are riding tanks...
Archers should given artilerry and no homing, so they can miss

Then, i recommend ghouls has very fast attack speed so they're frenzy. You may make some of them attack with cannibalize animation.
Abominations should hits slower but deals heavy damage. Cannibalize also on list.

Btw, why not make footmen use defense (some of them?)
unit types are to little.

Crypt Fiend... i don't find em...
That's imo.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.