News More Vista Owning - XP Being Used for Olympic Computers

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
The popularity of Windows XP is still making things difficult for Vista. Now Vista has again suffered a major setback, with Lenovo (Olympic 2008' official sponsor) installing XP on it's machines to run the Olympic Games’ vital PC-related tasks. Vista will only be used in internet lounges set up for athletes to use during the games. Yang Yuanqing, chairman of Lenovo said, "the Olympic Games require mature, stable technologies and it's not a place to try new technologies because of the size and importance of the event. Everything must work smoothly.”

The committee has also decided against using wireless technology as the reliability and the security of wireless internet made it too risky. Lenovo has already delivered 12,000 desktops (mainly ThinkCentre M55), 800 laptops (Thinkpad T60s and Zhaoyang 680s), 700 servers (SureServer models T350, R630 and R520), 2,000 printers and another 5,000 PCs for the athlete's lounges and other hospitality and marketing purposes.

----------------------------------------------------------
Haha, I love XP!
Thats all of the article, linking for rule reasons only.
Dam, thats a lota computers!

Last edited by a moderator:

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Wow, all the people who dished out for a new comp with vista and dx10 hardware are having a bad year.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i haven't tried vista yet. but the only good news that I've heard until is directx 10 and the many deskups (or how you spell it ):rolleyes:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
People have cracked or are cracking DX 10 for XP.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.