Battle Ship Xtrm

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
nice.
But I think my way was easier^^
AND IT WORKS.
So I can register the PF damage, and make damage type by buff.
So Damage type fire has Buff "fire", damage type "Ice" has the buff "Ice" , damage type blade has the buff "blade".
And then you can compare with the buffs.

But hey got an Idea, you can simply set the PF damage to 1 and then add damage as wanted with a dummy that deals the corresponding damage. Like 199+ random integer between 0 and 50
would give 200-250 damage total.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> But I think my way was easier^^

Yes, it was and I made it as you suggested. It can' t be done anymore better because it enables you to determine each Phoenix Fire ability attack type (Read: item damage seperately.). Also you can choose from one of 20 damage types.

I don' t want to start argue, did you tried test map ?

> Like 199+ random integer between 0 and 50
would give 200-250 damage total.

Want random factor ? I can add one additional real array with max damage. So it takes both values min and max and then picks random real between these. Do you want that ? Then it would be ultimate system what works as real unit attack.

> Lasers need 0.01 rate

Did you knew that Phoenix Fire will not attack nor damage units with that buff already. It would mean even with 0.01 buff time some attacks would be nulled (No damage would be done.). Anyway I' m now die hard supporter of my system and I say it can' t be done better because it uses arrays and keeps you from hazzle to make 6 buffs only for attack types (Not mentioning 20 different damage types.) It' s as perfect as it can be. I will add min, max value to system if you want it ?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Lasers need 0.01 rate

Did you knew that Phoenix Fire will not attack nor damage units with that buff already. It would mean even with 0.01 buff time some attacks would be nulled (No damage would be done.). Anyway I' m now die hard supporter of my system and I say it can' t be done better because it uses arrays and keeps you from hazzle to make 6 buffs only for attack types (Not mentioning 20 different damage types.) It' s as perfect as it can be. I will add min, max value to system if you want it ?

YES i know.
But we can just remove the PF buff on our trigger xD

And lasers fire on 0.05. But some weapons firre on 0.33 or 0.38 so we might need 0.01!

And you can store buff id's in var arrays, too!

And min max system will be killer xD

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> so we might need 0.01

The system is using "takes damage" as event. It damages unit and makes it again vurnable for ther "Phoenix Fire" abilities. JASS itself will hold limit. It can' t go any faster than it' s doing now. Have you checked JASS ? I' m not keeping any spare time for waits, it' s all instantly done. If it uses 0.01 I don' t know what happens ( I asume many attacks will be just nulled). I will add min, max to it and release version 1.03 :D

> But we can just remove the PF buff on our trigger xD

I' m already doing it if you examine its JASS a bit.

EDIT:
I did version 1.03 and you can set min/ max damage there. I added one demo item what has fireing rate as 0.05 with 900 missile speed. It isn' t worth the loss of performance (Even with usual non-triggered Phoenix Fire starts to drop FPS with so low fireing intervals.) It detects 0.05 should also detect 0.01 but there isn' t any good explanation why you should use that rate because it drops FPS from 40 - 50 to 1.3 ! Atleast for my PC what is older one. I suggest you to re-check that thread now maybe even download it and test.
For our map we can even optimize it more (By taking un-nessecary if thens out.).

EDIT2: We just found our ultimate weapon maybe: http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/2753/

D

DemonOfNight

ok guys... you are maybe asking yourself what i am doing with the map! i will only answer that : NOTHING... im sorry, those time, i cant work. today, i have like 30 mins to go to the cpu so i will send the map to you 2 and you will discuss about who will get it... like i said before, i copy-> paste the trigger (JASS) but there was a missing event!!! try to fix it. If there is like 1 or 2 things that changed on the map, its normal and please, dont blame me but blame my school... im full of big (24 pages long for me, a ''grade 8'' boy) exams! i am bored, i went to china with the school (slept like 2 hour per night for 3 night ''party time'') i will get to bed at like 8:00. I'm leaving the project for may and june! hope you will do a good job. (i wasnt able to read all your posts...)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> i copy-> paste the trigger (JASS)

What JASS (Trigger) exactly ? You can send map to me, I will work with it :) I even could finish that map by myself. We got all main things done. Only to polish.
I would not add interiours to map because they aren' t so good ( If we would get desent modeler. Then we could add them.) Anyway I got consept how it needs to be done and right now what we got isn' t that.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I would not add interiours to map because they aren' t so good ( If we would get desent modeler. Then we could add them.) Anyway I got consept how it needs to be done and right now what we got isn' t that.

I know where there are good ship interiors:
Try the Bloody pirates map!
You cannot open it without deprotector, but I will ask him how he did them.
They are REALLY nice^^

EDIT: when you say you want an authentic map you have to remember that even the Spanih armada consisted of only 130 ships. So we would have to decrease heavily the number of ships wich will result in a loss of fun. Just 100 ships spawned per Empire - means even in an 20 minutes game only 5 per minute, i.e. one every 12 seconds instead of 6 every 10 seconds

And if you ak me, we hould double both damage and cooldown of our weapons. Will be much more realistic ( not only 3 damage per hot every 0.5 seconds ^^ but 12 damage per shot every 2 seconds, if you ask me... )

WE hould make first release in two weaks.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I checked that map out, very good map with much pontential. The interiours there where interesting but I thought full huge ship models what would be just covers for terrain. They are interesting but I would avoid these nasty spikes what can be seen there. Edge near see wasn' t so good it should be hidden.

> when you say you want an authentic map.

I don' t want authentic map nor fairy map I want it based off Warcraft III story and era (Dwarfs, magic, goblins, humans, dragons, orcs, etc - but not a fairy ship what shoots with bucket of flowers).

> Spanih armada

No Spanish armade only Warcraft III races or some made up ones. It isn' t historical game.

> We would have to decrease heavily the number of ships wich will result in a loss of fun.

I call laggy game a result of fun loss, I have never counted ships spawned by some wierd "ships in armada" number. Idea is less ships fewer lag. If it dosn' t lag we can increase it.

> not only 3 damage per hot every 0.5 seconds ^^ but 12 damage per shot every 2 seconds

Where you got these numbers ? Did DoN used these numbers for damage in game ? I didn' t notice... mybe I was blind

> but 12 damage per shot every 2 seconds

Even 40 - 48 maybe ? The random factor also.

Definitely, would you be so kind and would announce every ship type HP and base damage X - Y ? They should be something similar to Warcraft ship HP and damage, still tronger ships can go over 2000+ or so.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> when you say you want an authentic map.

I don' t want authentic map nor fairy map I want it based off Warcraft III story and era (Dwarfs, magic, goblins, humans, dragons, orcs, etc - but not a fairy ship what shoots with bucket of flowers).

Lol I never told something about fairy ships^^
I said elven wood, wich is magically reinforced....
Elves are a humanlike race and have nothing to do with fairies. They are an much older folk than the humans and are much more intelligent.

And I think we should just settle the map in the era, but not on the place. Of coure there are different races, but no dragons or Ogres^^ I would use the Orcs and goblins as pirates, and the elves, humans and dwarves as alliance

> Spanih armada

No Spanish armade only Warcraft III races or some made up ones. It isn' t historical game.
You told b4 that you want a realistic map, not some WC 3. And so it just was a comparision. What I wanted to say was: If you want a realistic map, you would have to decreae number of ships spawned, what is a bad idea. Fewer ships would mean stronger ships wich are more difficult to destroy and have less tactical possibilities:
Tanking - almost impossible, as one target will only take 50% of dmg
Massing - Impossible. you will be unable to control enough ships to make a correct attack
Creeping - Takes too long, and one enemy has to give lots of gold. It wouldn't be fair, as normaly money gained by the killing of creeps is distributed (almost)
evenly among the players that are creeping. But now, the player that gets the kill gains lots of money, and the others do not.

> We would have to decrease heavily the number of ships wich will result in a loss of fun.

I call laggy game a result of fun loss, I have never counted ships spawned by some wierd "ships in armada" number. Idea is less ships fewer lag. If it dosn' t lag we can increase it.
The ships eldom are the caue of the lagg. I think 3 ships per lane eachh 15 seconds would be good
> not only 3 damage per hot every 0.5 seconds ^^ but 12 damage per shot every 2 seconds

Where you got these numbers ? Did DoN used these numbers for damage in game ? I didn' t notice... mybe I was blind
No normal Bship weapon^^
> but 12 damage per shot every 2 seconds

Even 40 - 48 maybe ? The random factor also.

Definitely, would you be so kind and would announce every ship type HP and base damage X - Y ? They should be something similar to Warcraft ship HP and damage, still tronger ships can go over 2000+ or so.

O.O
Are we talking about the same game?
At the beginning, player ships will have 450 - 950 hp (depending on level). Lateron, they can have up to 9500 - 13000 (depending on their level ) hitpoints.
Our ships should have 750 at the begiing, and the strongest ships about 8000
Weapon at the beginning do normally 6 - 20 dmg / s, here I thnk they should deal 35 - 90 dmg / s.
Stronger weapons usually do 300 - 420 dmg / s
At our map I think 600 - 700 / s would be okay.
We would need high cooldowns and high damage, cannons do not reload that fast.

If there are any s' missing, don't wonder. my tastature is not completely okay... s button doen't work properly :(.

And okay w8 some minutes....

EDIT:
Life regen: -10/endurance

0 Deadwood Old wood with... Experience. It has seen lots of Battles - And now it is suitable for YOUR own wreck!

Armor type: wood?
Armor : 0
Damage resitance: 5 %
Endurance: 2
Life: +450

I Yellow Cedar, for a soft wood it' s quite heavy. But durable wood resistant to decay.

Armor type: wood
Armor bonus: 0
Bonus damage taken: 25 %
Endurance: 8
Speed bonus from weight: -30
Life: +920

II Beech - a strong, hard and dense wood. Makes an attractive wood for framing and hull timbering.

Armor bonus: +2
Bonus damage taken: 10 %
Endurance: 7
Speed bonus from weight: -5
Life: +1400

III Birch - the wood is very tough and flexible once bent it will hold its shape. Suitable for planking and hull timbering.

Armor bonus: +3
Bonus damage taken: 5%
Endurance: 10
Speed bonus from weight: -15
Life: +2300

IV Osage Orange - very heavy, hard, tough and resiliant. It can be used for timbering and planking.

Armor bonus: +3
Bonus damage taken: 0%
Endurance: 7
Speed bonus from weight: -25
Life: 3600

V Willow - light in weight but strong and shock resistant. Good for solid hulls, masting, deck and hull planking.

Armor bonus: +2
Bonus damage taken: 10 %
Endurance: 6
Speed bonus from weight: +40
Life: 4500

I Iron plating
Armor type: iron
Armor bonus: +10
Bonus damage taken: 5 %
Endurance: 4
Speed bonus from weight: -50
Life: +6400

I Steel plating, steel contains iron and carbon. Depending on the amount of carbon, the firmness of the metal can be determined. The more carbon makes the metal harder.
Armor type: iron
Armor bonus: +20
Bonus damage taken: 0 %
Endurance: 9
Speed bonus from weight: -90
Life: + 7500

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> You told b4 that you want a realistic map, not some WC 3. And so it just was a comparision.

I give up, don' t shoot :eek:

> Damges

List damages, I haven' t played that game like ages, I even don' t rememebr how was items & so on. I realized you have to set HP stats and Dmg, I will wait the list, but don' t hurry.

@ DoN

You didn' t attached any map to your mail. I will edit my last version of it. It isn' t hard to add Serras combining trigger, etc.

@ Serra

Thanks for the list I asume endurance is negative HP regen. Going ot work with map now.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Sooda;473999 @ DoN You didn' t attached any map to your mail. I will edit my last version of it. It isn' t hard to add Serras combining trigger said:
1. Right, allready wrote him an e-mail back...

2. Nope.
As I wrote at the top of the list,

So endurance of 5 means -2, endurance of 2 means -5, endurance of 10 means -1

We could make ome other formula but I think this is good enough for the beginning.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> So endurance of 5 means -2, endurance of 2 means -5, endurance of 10 means -1

Huh ? I can' t see there any logic. First of is endurance Ship HP regen ?

For the Third time:rolleyes: :
Formula is

wich means:
Life regenaration is equal to the negative amount of 10 divided by the endurance....
:)

endurance = x
hp regen = y

y = -1 * ( 10 : x )

and

x = -1 * ( 10 : y )

got it ?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I now got it but why to make it so complicated and not just use one number ?

I had idea where we use one generic HP regen ability what has like from -50 hp regen to +50 hp regen. When player buys ship components we calculate right HP regen and set it to that level, it' s simple and easy. It would require 100 levels of one ability.

Positive HP bonuses + negative HP bonuses = level of HP ability.

EDIT: I have redone repair triggers, it works now nicly (I set it up for team 1 now, later for team 2 too.)
Doing JASS for map isn' t something super easy, it takes time. Btw did you knew that preplaced units in water (any water) will desync, right now we got them in water, what means desync(s) !

I' m tired of it, going to take rest for week (Also I have to).

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Doing JASS for map isn' t something super easy, it takes time. Btw did you knew that preplaced units in water (any water) will desync, right now we got them in water, what means desync(s) !

I' m tired of it, going to take rest for week (Also I have to).

desyncs?

Ouch O.O
Are you sure?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
This is what i found:

- Missusing of GetLocalPlayer() (JASS Script Trigger Editor)
- Using Negative Sight Range for a unit (Unit Editor)
- Camera - Pan Camera as Necessary (GUI Trigger Editor)
- Traditionnal Fade Filter with a GetLocalPlayer() filter (JASS Script Trigger Editor, use an Advanced Filter to solve the problem)
- Too many initializations and preloads after (and not before) 0.00 seconds of game-time using Event - Time Elapsed (GUI Trigger Editor)
- Selection - Select Group For Player (GUI Trigger Editor)
- Too big Far Z usage, happens only on slow computers, like >2.5ghz with 20000.00 Far Z (GUI Trigger Editor - Camera Editor)
- Units with too many dice and sides per dice combined with a too small attack speed, like 1-1000000000 every 0.01 seconds (Unit Editor)

Nothing of units on water. You might have messed it up with WoW? I think to remember that there was such an desync thingie

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
: )

I <3 Battlehips and Battletanks xD.
Hero line wars cutom or lition arent that bad neither. or some simple TD... Like SD_Ryoko's, you might know that guy ;)

You might start with Bships xD

Btw... can you host? I opened all ports ( 4k, 6113 - 6119 ) , still I cannot :'(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.