Offense Elimination Tournament 2

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
war3mapPreviewcopy-1.jpg

A tactical shooter map, best described as "Unreal Tournament in Warcraft 3".

ET2 Forums

Elimination Tournament 1

This map is heavily based off ET1, which was made by GaDDeN & iNfraNe.
Special thanks to them for opening up the series & to iNfraNe for granting me permission to continue on, making newer & improved versions.

Features

• 9 Guns/Weapons, granting a wide selection, all with their own unique mechanics.
  • 10 Add-Ons, fully complementing & enhancing your preferred game style.
  • 9 Gadgets, for spending all that hard earned gold on.
  • 8 Unique Arena's, allowing more diverse games.
  • Rematch & Rebalance features, to keep the game fun & entertaining.
  • End Multiboard, allowing you to compare & contrast your endgame statistics.

Latest Version
Download Here
Change Log v2.9
  • Fortress, reworked, redesigned & overall improved quite a bit.
  • New Gun added, the Ion Cannon.
  • Guns are now classified into 3 categories, heavy, medium & light. Heavy takes -15 movement speed whilst Light grants +15 movement speed.
  • Minigun buffed. Damage is 12 up from 10.
  • Sniper Rifle buffed. Damage is 55 up from 50.
  • Missile Launcher buffed. Main damage is 40 up from 35, area damage is 25 up from 20 & flame damage is 5 per second up from 4.
  • Greatly improved the aiming/shooting when firing up/down cliffs. It is now alot simpler.
  • Boots buffed slightly. Movement speed 45 up from 40.
  • Fixed a big where it spawned way too many barrels on certain levels.
  • Barrels can no longer spawn inside spawn areas.
  • Added alittle blink effect on new barrels spawning.
  • Made explosive damage more 3-dimensional taking into account your height & overall distance.
  • Stim buffed. Lasts 2 seconds up from 1.5 & costs 15 health down from 20.
  • Tweaked the powerup colours.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I liked the first elimination tournament, I hope this is a fun game too. The link to download says it requires me to log in to download, though.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Not bad. the booster spots and the abyss were pretty good ideas. The add-ons seem pretty balanced also. The only thing I disliked was the the low fps. It stayed around ~18 most of the time. Also, there was a bug were the laser orb did not disappear.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
I assume you tried out the Plunge level then? How did you find the other levels?

Well I've got a pretty good comp myself, so don't experience low fps. Was this just throughout the game constantly or when things got a bit heavy, like lots of minigun spam?

There used to be that laser bug, but I thought I fixed it.
I haven't seen it since, did it just stop dead 'midair' or are you talking about something else?

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
I assume you tried out the Plunge level then? How did you find the other levels?

Well I've got a pretty good comp myself, so don't experience low fps. Was this just throughout the game constantly or when things got a bit heavy, like lots of minigun spam?

There used to be that laser bug, but I thought I fixed it.
I haven't seen it since, did it just stop dead 'midair' or are you talking about something else?
Only tried the Plunge.

The fps stayed pretty constant throughout the game, there were usually 2-3 miniguns going off for a short duration, but nothing that should really drop the fps.

About the laser, idk what happened. I was moving around when I saw a laser ball on the ground.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
It's bugged, check out the replay.

We chose plunge, it gave us lava then said every player fell into the abyss and killed everyone at the start of the map, and kept doing it as we revived.

Attachments

• Bugged.w3g
    6.4 KB · Views: 177

South-Titan

Reaction score
To be honest, it has been OFFICIALLY voted that ET2 is unbalanced and does not require skill.

Sorry, but good game. If you want to see more proof go into a forum for almost any Elimination Tournament, notorious US-East Mapping Clans.

I guarantee any topic with the words "ET2" will spark fifteen or more flames, false information, or anything of the likes in a matter of days.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
ummmm have you fixed that bug which you can jump out of the whole arena? I think thats the only MOST annoying Bug EVER!!!!!!!!

if you want more info let me tell you how, you first spawn at your start zone and you walk to your shop and keep pressing E if im correct that is the hotkey for jump right? and you spam it trying to get at the end of the shop, after a few tries you can jump over walls and go to the boundary area =)

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
I guarantee any topic with the words "ET2" will spark fifteen or more flames, false information, or anything of the likes in a matter of days.

Go to the ToB forums and start a thread named 'Why I think AotZ is the best AoS ever'.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
South-Titan said:
To be honest, it has been OFFICIALLY voted that ET2 is unbalanced and does not require skill.

Sorry, but good game. If you want to see more proof go into a forum for almost any Elimination Tournament, notorious US-East Mapping Clans.

Got any links?
But anyways this is still very early, just need some more time & I'll get there.

wraithseeker said:
ummmm have you fixed that bug which you can jump out of the whole arena? I think thats the only MOST annoying Bug EVER!!!!!!!!

if you want more info let me tell you how, you first spawn at your start zone and you walk to your shop and keep pressing E if im correct that is the hotkey for jump right? and you spam it trying to get at the end of the shop, after a few tries you can jump over walls and go to the boundary area =)

Yea fixed that

Waaaaaagh said:
Go to the ToB forums and start a thread named 'Why I think AotZ is the best AoS ever'.

I think naming it "AoM best map ever" would spark more flames :p

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
:Dwell there is no BEST aos maps, its just which one you prefer the most though

well I have some ideas which you should fix, mostly when i ply ET, everyone use sniper cuz it pwns the most? agree right? the flamethrower and other weapons seems pretty weak, would be nice if you make all of the rest of the weapons stronger yet not rigged at the same time

also you mind basing the Jump ability off other abilitys? one thing i hate about channal is that when you use it, you cant stop it,making the action must be performed

Make more Items Too :p they own

Also how about you make some sort of prize for the person who gets the flag or has the most kills like GODZILLA(USER) and the person who died has Suicider(User)

you could also do another Zone which uses manual raising and not ugly blizzard cliffs you will need alot of effort to make the terrain playable though, make it look like hills and valleys, rivers in the middle and sometimes you have some sort of log to transport you over =D

Hope My Ideas help you

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
It's a good map, a bit faster than old ET. I think it needs less bullets, and more lasers. Also, a bubble shield taht deflects lasers. Phase crystal sucks :p If someone uses it, I lob a grenade at them and they phase right back into reality just in time to die.

You could, for instance, replace the shrapnel gun with a wisp cannon version, that on impact with the ground breaks up into little pieces of wispiness.

You should also probably consider a map/item with gravity warping - maybe an area in a map where gravity is reversed and shoots you up to the top of some tower (as it does grenades), or an item that sucks in people and grenades/bends projectiles around it.

Plasma grenades :p

Oh, and I'm not sure what's going on, but I am pretty sure you've got some plans for some mountainous terrain right next to the arena selector? If you right click and hold down in the portrait of the selector, it locks the camera to it, and you can CLEARLY see some ashenvale rock mountains. Just so ya know. The only solution I can think to this is to move the selector each time the arena changes, because no matter how low you set the period to adjust the camera to where you want it, I'm pretty sure wc3 does it at the frame rate. Possibly with .02 you might be able to readjust the frame every time, but if you get lag, or and fps drop, that all dies. So just move the selector the the middle of the arena and maybe... set it's flying height to really high.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
Ok new version released:

Changelog v1.03

• Shotgun
    - The shotgun has been added. Try it out, especially on Facing Worlds :p
  • Shrapnel Gun
    - Now correctly works just like on ET1, with the shrapnel shards exploding outwards.
  • Add Ons
    - Add Ons are now free & you can only have/use one at a time. They don't take up an inventory slot, basically working exactly the same as Guns.
  • Crossroads
    - A new Arena added to the mix
  • Phase Prism
    - Has been completely redone into a new/different item. Try it out!
  • Tips
    - Random Tips now display every so often, giving useful hints & advice.
  • Multiboard
    - Has been re-arranged slightly to display ppl's Add Ons. Ppl's name will now go grey when they are dead.
  • Balance
    - Booster cost increased from 15 to 20.
    - Sniper, damage increased from 50 to 55.
    - Shrapnel Gun now deals 40 damage on a direct impact else 25 medium splash + 12 small splash per shard.
    - Phase Pistol, damage increased from 35 to 40, damage amplified reduced from 100% to 50%.
  • Bug Fixes
    - Flags no longer sometimes mysteriously vanish, never to be seen again.
    - Now pings the correct locations when flags are taken.
    - Death messages are now displayed correctly when blown off the edge of a cliff/side by a Shotgun.
    - Gloves now work properly with Acid Gun/Shrapnel Gun.
    - Can now booster out of Lava without taking damage.

Oh, and I'm not sure what's going on, but I am pretty sure you've got some plans for some mountainous terrain right next to the arena selector? If you right click and hold down in the portrait of the selector, it locks the camera to it, and you can CLEARLY see some ashenvale rock mountains. Just so ya know. The only solution I can think to this is to move the selector each time the arena changes, because no matter how low you set the period to adjust the camera to where you want it, I'm pretty sure wc3 does it at the frame rate. Possibly with .02 you might be able to readjust the frame every time, but if you get lag, or and fps drop, that all dies. So just move the selector the the middle of the arena and maybe... set it's flying height to really high.

That was the new Crossroads terrain, it got altered to cliffs in the end thou.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Ha. In crossroads, the first team to score wins. You score, then buy a booster, run and grab their flag, and boost up into one of the holes on the cliffs. From there, you just jump your way off the map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.