Fatal Error MSG

turondo

Reaction score
alright so whenever i test/try to play a map im working on, its giving me fatal errors and crashing the game.

now i originally started working on it on the regular world editor, then switched over to the newgen editor and switched back to the regular one.. all the triggers look fine from what im seeing, can anybody help me out?

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iiix\War3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F055F90

The instruction at '0x6F055F90' referenced memory at '0x0000000C'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

thats the error i could attach the whole log of it if its needed or the map itself if someone trustworthy enough could take a look at it. thanks in advance

S

Slate.Master

I don't think you can switch back to the WE after using special features of special editors, like NewGen.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
It means your doing something that crashes your map in the script. We can't help you without looking at your triggers.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
did it get an error to begin with before NewGen?

Did it get an error while using NewGen?

I've switched back and forth on my map from original to NewGen and I got some JASS and vJASS triggers and it has had no problems so far.
All I can think of are infinite loops in triggers that makes the map crash.
But you already said you've checked the triggers.

But as joker(Div) said, we can't be sure unless we see your triggers.

Any custom loadscreen? a problem with a 4 sliced high quality loadscreen and its model can cause crashes.

Any suspicions on what might be the cause of the problems? big changes in the map thats been made while in newgen?

If nothing else , back it up and start removing things backwards from when they were added and test it each time. (a bit of a last resort)

Very off-topic, my 300th post, yay ^^

Good luck hope you'll find the problem.

turondo

Reaction score
alright well heres one of the spawn triggers in my map, tell me if it looks good (it should) b/c the only problem i see from it is that when i say the number of living noldoli standards is living, i havent implemented a trigger to put them in or anything

Code:
Barad Eithal
    Events
        Time - Every 120.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (|cffffcc00Barad Eithel|r 0012 <gen> is alive) Equal to True
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Number of living Noldoli Standard units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Less than or equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set BE = (Center of Barad Spawn <gen>)
                Unit - Create 3 Noldoli Swordsman for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Noldoli Archer for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_BE)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Number of living Noldoli Standard units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 4 Noldoli Swordsman for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Noldoli Archer for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Royal Noldorin Guard for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Number of living Noldoli Standard units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 4 Noldoli Swordsman for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Noldoli Archer for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Royal Noldorin Guard for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Noldoli Marksman for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Number of living Noldoli Standard units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 4
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 3 Royal Noldorin Guard for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Noldoli Marksman for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Hithlum Mountain Elf for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Hithlum Legionnaire for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
                (Number of living Noldoli Standard units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Greater than or equal to 5
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 3 Noldoli Archer for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 3 Royal Noldorin Guard for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Hithlum Mountain Elf for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 2 Hithlum Legionnaire for Player 1 (Red) at BE facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

the majority of the triggers in right now are just spawn ones like this while i do have several others that are different that i can show if this happens to not have anything wrong.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Can't see why that would cause a crash, any triggers with loops?

turondo

Reaction score
not sure maybe it could be do to this?

Code:
Initilization
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.12 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Game - Set the time of day to 10.00
                Game - Turn the day/night cycle On
                Visibility - Enable black mask
                Visibility - Enable fog of war
                Environment - Set sky to Fogged Sky
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Quest - Create a Required quest titled NÃ_rnaeth Arnoediad with the description Welcome to NÃ_rnaet..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRune.blp
                Quest - Create a Required quest titled Strategies (Good) with the description Will be added after..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNManaShield.blp
                Quest - Create a Required quest titled Strategies (Evil) with the description Will be added after..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLament.blp
                Quest - Create a Required quest titled (Camera Controls) with the description Camera Controls  "M..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNExpandedView.tga
                Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Creators with the description Creators:  NÃ_rnaet..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOgreMagi.blp
                Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Unit Caps with the description *Subject to change*, using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMonsterLure.blp
                Quest - Create a Optional quest titled www.blizzcraft.org/... with the description This is predominate..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNUnsummonBuilding.blp
                Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Versions with the description BETA - all changes ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRepair.blp
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 3 (Teal) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 4 (Purple) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 5 (Yellow) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 6 (Orange) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 7 (Green) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 8 (Pink) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 9 (Gray) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Display to Player Group - Player 10 (Light Blue) for 15.00 seconds the text: |c000000ffCheck the...
        Game - Set the time of day to 0.00
        Set HINTPLAYERS = (All players)
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
        Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture FullScreen.blp and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: |c000000ffNÃ_rnaeth...
        Wait 8.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
        Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

really im just stumped as to what it would be :banghead:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
that could be the one, however aslong as the fade image texture is correctly imported I see no problem.

But does the map even come to initialization or does the error come before loading even starts?

turondo

Reaction score
its like right as the map loads and shows the start of the map, it fatals...

i'm gonna try doin somethin to see if it fixes it.. b/c maybe it is that last trigger.

*edit* wow thanks you were right it was the texture thing that was wrong in that last trigger, thanks again for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.