How do I make a unit move with another unit?

crabbb622

Reaction score
The unit is basically inside the main unit, i'm just doing this as an effect, i will be putting locust on the unit, but i need it to stay inside of the unit, the only way i can think of is to Periodic Event - Every .1 seconds move that unit...

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
You could order the unit to follow the other unit, and set the follow range of your map to be really low. But that would affect player-controlled units as well.

I'd recommend doing the periodic thing, but use every .5 seconds or something.

Silver

Reaction score
If you set the movement speed to be the same, you can use:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Your Main Unit
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Your Locust Unit to Move To (Target point of issued order)

And to stop:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Your Main Unit
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Your Locust Unit to Stop

crabbb622

Reaction score
Yes, I had thought of that, but considering auto-acquire, I don't know how that would work. Any solution for auto-acquire?

crabbb622

Reaction score
auto acquire is when an enemy unit comes within range and our unit starts attacking it. if the enemy moves away, that unit will follow wihtout order.

Pyropenguins

Reaction score
Set the acquisition range (range the unit acquires the target) of ur locusted unit to 0 that way he wouldnt acquire the targets an will only follow he unit its in

crabbb622

Reaction score
Set the acquisition range (range the unit acquires the target) of ur locusted unit to 0 that way he wouldnt acquire the targets an will only follow he unit its in

No...The auto-acquisition problem is for the *move the locust whereever the main unit is ordered solution*

The problem is that if the main unit auto-acquires something, there is no way of guessing where he is going to go, and therefore I cannot tell the locust to move where he moves.

The reason I can't just tell the locust to patrol him is because it would follow at like 500 range and if i set the following distance to 0, it will affect all units on the map, although that's what i'm considering to do.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
A timer would really work the best here, that way it wouldn't mess with the player controlled units. Just make sure to fix all the leaks other wise it would get laggy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.