installing wow wotlk dvd

branno

Reaction score
i have just bought wotlk and went to install it but im having some difficulties, its on a dvd and when i have had to install off dvds in the past i have found that i have had to copy all the files on the disk into a folder and then install the game from the folder but its not letting me copy the files and keeps giving me the message "cannot copy file: cannon read from the source file or disk" and if i try to go into anything on the dvd it says "access denied" or "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to acces the item".

i am using windows XP and i am the computers administrator.

i would rather not download the game instead of installing it off the disk, anyone able to help? :)

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i have just bought wotlk and went to install it but im having some difficulties, its on a dvd and when i have had to install off dvds in the past i have found that i have had to copy all the files on the disk into a folder and then install the game from the folder but its not letting me copy the files and keeps giving me the message "cannot copy file: cannon read from the source file or disk" and if i try to go into anything on the dvd it says "access denied" or "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to acces the item".

i am using windows XP and i am the computers administrator.

i would rather not download the game instead of installing it off the disk, anyone able to help? :)

Just run it off of the DVD? I don't really see many other options.

Make sure your running it on an administrator account.

branno

Reaction score
but i cant run it off the dvd thats why i always have to copy the files to a folder, when i put the dvd in nothing pops up and if i go into the dvd and try to install it it wont let me

i have tried it on a different computer and it works so i know its not the disk

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Disable anti-virus for the duration of the install.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.